Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Sarah Palin release her college transcripts to the public?
Yes, I've seen them 1 1.61%
Yes, it's required by law 0 0%
Yes, but I didn't see them 1 1.61%
Er, I think so, I mean it's required by law, isn't it? 4 6.45%
I don't think so; I don't recall her doing so during the campaign 23 37.10%
No, and she is not legally required to do so 33 53.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 01:14 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times

Advertisements

Obamas birth certificate was publically released in 2008. Why, here it is!!! http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...ertificate.jpg

Transcripts of candidates-- I answered this question correctly for your poll kat, but I think it should pertain in vetting processes when we're scrutinizing a candidate. The constitution also didn't require a full medical work up that both McCain and Obama jumped through with full disclosure. That would be an example of germane information.

Bush Jr admitted to being an average student, but the washington post released confidential transcripts on candidates. Planted information or otherwise, if it's confidential and the candidates didn't release it directly, ethics of the press are questionable.

Would Roys be interested in knowing Obamas GPA it's already interpolated by the fact he graduated with honors from Harvard, which is a minimum of 3.5 GPA. Right there in Kat's link if you wanted to read it, but you don't really want to know anymore than those insisting Obama isn't a citizen would look at a birth certificate staring them in the face. His time at Columbia university is not very well documented, and there are unverified reports of experimentation with drugs during that time in his life that he decisively rejected and took another path. America didn't hold Bush jr's historic alcoholic episodes against him so long as he was walking his talk present tense.

Bias? Yes, it's called confirmation bias. Those who should be scrutinized and vetted are candidates for office. Palin was one of them and just because she's endeared herself as pet doesn't mean the standards change for office. Palin and many bloggers have consistently alluded to her political aspirations in the future. Care to explain why Michelle Obama's college history was part of the vetting process for her husband??? Michelle Obama thesis was on racial divide - Jeffrey Ressner - POLITICO.com. Don't recall much bragging about Cindy McCains rodeo queen or 'best dressed woman' titles, not to rob her of any credit, but her college work wasn't investigated in depth. Most barely paid attention that she graduated from a prestigious (liberal) university specializing in education for downs syndrome children. Shall we find a way to cast aspersions upon her over her career choice??? Who was obsessing over Laura Bush's life story?

Michelle Obama's coursework content was scrutinized with extraordinary measures. Princeton (a conservative university) had to go out of their way to protect those documents. Hiding them? How about protecting them from theft or manipulation? Her full thesis is on politicos website in PDF. Would I hold any of you to the standard she's been held, I'd resurrect whatever opinion you held in your younger years and portray it as present tense opinion. Time warps, guilt by association, confirmation bias... there isn't any low some won't stoop, but that does have consequences for credibility every time it's used in an argument. Princeton university's conservative bent doesn't play into your confirmation bias about vast left wing conspiracy, so it's irrelevant?

Anyone want to ask themselves if we're crossing lines we shouldn't (justified by media you patronize that inquiring minds wanted to know)? Presently there is a biography posted about Todd Palin posted on wikipedia. They didn't smear the man but how necessary is that information if he didn't announce as Hillary Clinton did that it was a 2 for 1 deal and she'd be Bills right hand working with him? Unless candidate spouses had criminal history, their right to privacy should be protected at very least from disruptive intrusions on their personal lives and obsessive analysis.

Wiki refrained from such behavior, but how many of you are willing to draw the line and say Bristol Palin has no business being paraded around as fodder for the press (either as an opportunistic accessory by mom, or as opportunistic target from opposing side)? How many can respect the privacy of Obama's grandmother dying in peace? Shoving a camera in someones casket is an entitlement of yours in freedom of information? Stalking politicians children trick or treating on halloween is vital to national security and policy making? Has common decency become a defunct language to American citizens?

Old 04-12-2010, 01:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Excellent post, harborlady.

I do agree there should be a standard vetting process for candidates for pres, not an amendment to the constitution, but in the code of laws. I think the way things are done now is kind of circus-like, with candidates "releasing" this, that and the other (transcripts, birth certificates, medical information, etc), sometimes at political opportune times.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,050 times
She is certainly smarter than any of you. Unless YOU all have been governor of a state and have a long term marriage and are NOT living of the government in one form or another.
I'm sure youall think Obama is smart but where as Palin paid her own way and did it on her own. The O had to have affirmative action to get into Harvard.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,050 times
Default release of transcripts

So I'm assuming you all have been badgering Obama and his ilk to release his transcripts?

Old 07-03-2010, 05:58 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Troll thread.

I sure remember how conservatives were screaming like a stuck pig when someone online posted an apparently phony SAT score report of hers.

If former half-term Alaska governor Palin wants privacy, maybe she should take advantage of that god-given right we all have not to stick her face in front of the TV cameras every chance she gets.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:34 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
obama won't relesae any of his transcripts... So why are we talking about

palin?

And yet he's in the white house!
+1+1+1

Old 07-03-2010, 08:36 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Who cares. Last time I checked she was an unemployed housewife. Now the President, those are some transcripts worth seeing!
Self employed. Not the same.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Troll thread.

I sure remember how conservatives were screaming like a stuck pig when someone online posted an apparently phony SAT score report of hers.

If former half-term Alaska governor Palin wants privacy, maybe she should take advantage of that god-given right we all have not to stick her face in front of the TV cameras every chance she gets.
I did not start this thread as a troll thread. I started it b/c I was on a birther thread, which got shut down, where people were stating that "everyone else" but Obama involved in the 2008 presidential election released their transcripts. There are actually people posting on here who claim to have seen SP's transcripts, which is impossible, considering she never released any of them.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:44 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Since we have been discussing presidential candidates' college experiences, I'm starting a new poll.
Last I checked, she wasn't a presidential candidate and we don't vote for VP.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Last I checked, she wasn't a presidential candidate and we don't vote for VP.
The VP, the last time I checked, has to meet the same requirements as the president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies