Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 12:40 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,966,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
My first thought was, why is this being reported in the public media? Shouldn't this be classified or something?

Is this Obama's way of giving him a head-start to get out of the US? Why is he helping him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 12:42 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,679,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You make assertions which are only figment of your feverish partisan imagination.

As a liberal, I am no more outraged, strike that, I am no more concerned about targeted killing of American terrorist operating in areas where they can not be apprehended and brought to justice than I would be by a SWAT team killing a sniper, bomb maker, or kidnapper on an American street. I frankly see no difference.
Good. Hold that thought if there is a change in administrations in the near future.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:47 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,920,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You make assertions which are only figment of your feverish partisan imagination.

As a liberal, I am no more outraged, strike that, I am no more concerned about targeted killing of American terrorist operating in areas where they can not be apprehended and brought to justice than I would be by a SWAT team killing a sniper, bomb maker, or kidnapper on an American street. I frankly see no difference.
Because the SWAT Sniper like soldiers on the battlefield are shooting at someone who is an imminent threat engaged in actions trying to kill someone.

Our SWAT snipers do not go off of government compiled lists and go out and kill suspected bombers walking down the street.

Have you had your coffee today?

Last edited by padcrasher; 04-07-2010 at 01:08 PM..

Old 04-07-2010, 12:50 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,149,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Bush never admitted to specifically targeting US citizens. Yes one was killed in a US attack but there is no evidence whatsoever that this man was specifically targeted.

The issue. Is that they government can declare you part of Al Quaida and kill you without judicial oversight.

Why don't you right wingers just admit you don't give a damn about the Constituion?

Scared little wussies want to just throw out the rule of law cause a few radical muslim peasants are running around on the other side of the World.
I'm not RW, but we are in a war with Al Quaida and people get killed in wars. The Constitution provides for that.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
I'm not RW, but we are in a war with Al Quaida and people get killed in wars. The Constitution provides for that.
I'm not getting through. This is not about "people getting killed in wars'

I along with every damn liberal on this board agrees that should we be in a war soldiers should kill the enemy.

This is about the government compiling a list of US citizens who they will go out and assasinate. ( Not on the battlefield) without judicial oversight.

Without due process.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:59 PM

20,393 posts, read 12,283,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
What's funny is the ignorance that Bush did authorize this. He also authorized the detention and illegal monitoring and spying on the countries own citizens w/out the due process of law.

funny, the silence and lack of indignation of that. At least Obama had the balls to make it public knowledge and go through the proper channels and review of the topic by actual deputies and intel., not some 4th or 5th chair fresh out who has ranting opinions.
just to be clear. GWB authorized wiretapping of phone calls made from America to international numbers of known terrorists.

That is a far cry from illegal monitoring and spying on American Citizens without due process.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:00 PM

While I am not upset with Obama for taking this action. This traitor needs to die.

I do find some irony in the fact that he is treating an American citizen like a terrorist while treating terrorists like KSM as an American citizen.

That says something about BHO if you ask me.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
just to be clear. GWB authorized wiretapping of phone calls made from America to international numbers of known terrorists.

That is a far cry from illegal monitoring and spying on American Citizens without due process.
That's what the government "claims."

We don't know this because there was no Judical oversight.

By the way. The program was rulled illegal by the court just two weeks ago.

The criminal NSA eavesdropping program - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

all 3 federal judges to consider the question have concluded that Bush's NSA program violated the criminal law (FISA). That law provides that anyone who violates it has committed a felony and shall be subject to 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine for each offense.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
While I am not upset with Obama for taking this action. This traitor needs to die.

I do find some irony in the fact that he is treating an American citizen like a terrorist while treating terrorists like KSM as an American citizen.

That says something about BHO if you ask me.
Well we will not ask you since you clearly have no idea how the law and the Constitution works.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Well we will not ask you since you clearly have no idea how the law and the Constitution works.
a liberal speaking on how the constitution works is also irony as far as I am concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies