Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 01:38 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
It's like comparing apples and oranges. Race is a social construct. Sexuality and gender is not

Uh, GENDER is a social construct if anything. Race is not. Are you going to tell me that the phyiscal differences between a guy from Denmark and someone from subsaharan africa is a "social construct"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 01:38 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Ignorance is a concept of lacking knowledge. My comments are not of such a nature. Though your comments are what we call an ad hominem and it is derived from ignorance concerning proper logical argument.
Which you shown in your post. Calling homosexuality an abnormality when there are clear examples of natural occurrence in many species is ignorance.

I could consider heterosexuality an abnormality and a social dysfunctional trait as straight people caused a good 99% of the horrible junk we have in the world

Old 04-07-2010, 01:40 PM

Also, necrophiles aren't mentally ill, becaues it's sexuality thing that makes them attracted to corpses. Got it!

LEfties make me laugh so hard, because of the spinelessness. you're offended that someone thinks wanting to cut his penis off because he wants to be a woman and not accept that he is male could be described as being MENTALLY ILL.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Which you shown in your post. Calling homosexuality an abnormality when there are clear examples of natural occurrence in many species is ignorance.

I could consider heterosexuality an abnormality and a social dysfunctional trait as straight people caused a good 99% of the horrible junk we have in the world
Quit the PC spinelessness. Homosexuality is abnormal because it is not the common. It is abnormal like having 11 or 9 fingers is abnormal. Most people have 10 fingers. Most people are not homosexuals.

Why are you so afraid of accurate descriptions?

Old 04-07-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Uh, GENDER is a social construct if anything. Race is not. Are you going to tell me that the phyiscal differences between a guy from Denmark and someone from subsaharan africa is a "social construct"?
My mistake. Sex is not. Both gender AND race are. And there is no physical difference between a guy from Denmark and one from Africa. They are both of the H. sapiens species.

Honestly, do you think that a rock pigeon would look at a white pigeon and be like "Oh snaps, it's a white pigeon. Stay the hell away from it"?

Old 04-07-2010, 01:44 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:

Don't be obtuse.

What is the definition of abnormal?

Ok, what percentage of the entire population is homosexual?

By the power of literacy, we have determined homosexuality is abnormal.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
. And there is no physical difference between a guy from Denmark and one from Africa. They are both of the H. sapiens species.

http://iclassroom.pbworks.com/f/1244078900/Sub-Saharan%20Africa.jpg (broken link)

vs

http://www.nettyroyal.nl/images/ingrid1952.jpg (broken link)

No physical differences?

Old 04-07-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Quit the PC spinelessness. Homosexuality is abnormal because it is not the common. It is abnormal like having 11 or 9 fingers is abnormal. Most people have 10 fingers. Most people are not homosexuals.

Why are you so afraid of accurate descriptions?
Spare me your conservative doctrines. Equating lack of commonality to abnormality is a hoot.

That's like saying the whole entire human species is abnormal because there are billions and billions of insects out there compared to the measly population of humans.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Don't be obtuse.

What is the definition of abnormal?

Ok, what percentage of the entire population is homosexual?

By the power of literacy, we have determined homosexuality is abnormal.
What is YOUR definition of abnormal?

Like I said, equating lack of commonality to abnormality is absurd.

By the power of logic, we determined that your post is a joke

Old 04-07-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Spare me your conservative doctrines. Equating lack of commonality to abnormality is a hoot.

That's like saying the whole entire human species is abnormal because there are billions and billions of insects out there compared to the measly population of humans.
now you're comparing humans to insects?

Last I checked homosexuals are humans, so it's logical to compare them with other humans, and to not bring up insects.

Do you think having 11 fingers is normal or abnormal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies