Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know anyone who regrets NOT voting for Obama?
I know some people (or a person) who voted for McCain who wish had voted for Obama. 13 22.81%
I never met anyone who voted for McCain who wishes they had voted for Obama. 44 77.19%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:45 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,195,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I wonder if any that voted for either would have rather voted for Nader...
Yep. I actually almost punched the Nader ticket, except, I absolutely could not stomach McCain and especially Palin, any where near the white house. So, I voted for Obama to keep McCain out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I know any number of Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, Native Americans who voted for McCain.

I might suggest that your rhetoric about "racist white people" shows to me (at least) that you have an underlying issue dealing with hatred.

Or maybe the only people I know that voted for McCain are actually racist white people. Most every one I know and work with voted for Obama, outside of 3 high society white people, who probably live in neighborhoods that do not contain one single person of color, and if one moves in, they put their house up for sale. One actually openly uses slurs.

Please do not act like skin color was not a big card in that election. Blacks came out from under rocks to vote for Obama, and whites dropped their traditional party affiliations to vote against the "colored" guy.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:58 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,623,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Who in their right mind wouldn't ask "what kind of change" are you promising, mr. presidential candidate?

Discerning people knew without asking. The rest assumed, voted for him, and here we are.
The type of change was outlined in the election. Who in their right mind would have felt good about voting for a guy who promised no change, no real course of action to fix our problems, over someone at least hopeful to try to make changes for the better? You are going to find people who regret their vote, sure, because things have not improved quickly enough in the last year or so, people wanted immediate changes/fixes. Nobody is going to say they regretted voting for McCain because he didn't win- they have nothing to judge him on. If he had WON, then you would have people saying they regretted it, of course- that's just how it goes no matter who it is.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:05 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
When it does spend, the government spends only the government's money. Some people of course do seem to suffer from an odd delusion that after they pay their taxes, the money still belongs to them somehow. Presumably, they understand that when they fork over cash at the end of the grocery store check-out line, that money DOESN'T belong to them anymore, but they aren't able to recognize the same effect when it comes to taxes. Really weird!!!
That right there is what's wrong with politicians vs. the people. When I spend my money in the store, it's my choice and I know what I'm getting for it. When the government spends OUR money, they take it by force and don't give good ROI on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
The USA generally operates by the one drop system. If you are one drop anything else, you are not considered white by the general white populace. Period.

Please do not use that tired right wing line. You and I both know that 95% of all "black people" in the country have some white in their background, but they are still "black" because they aren't 100% white.
Not so in Obama's case. He has said he wasn't sure which race he wanted to identify with. He CHOSE to be "black".

Old 04-09-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Not so in Obama's case. He has said he wasn't sure which race he wanted to identify with. He CHOSE to be "black".
It doesn't matter what Obama thinks he is or who he chooses to associate with. Its how he is perceived by Average Joe USA. White America would never consider Obama white, even if he was 99% white. He has dark skin, and that makes you "black" in average Joe USA's eyes. I don't care if Obama says he is white, black, green or pink.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:18 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,623,575 times
Quote:
I know what you mean. Democrats love all those and see no problem with them at all. It's fun to give away somebody else's money.
Yeah, the only difference is that Republicans love giving away someone else's money to the tune of TRILLIONS on unnecessary wars that provide no benefit to anyone, Democrats like doing it in an attempt to benefit us here at home. The thing I fault BOTH sides for is spending above their means, but it's pretty obvious which side has the better intentions with that big spending.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:23 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,467,877 times
Quote:
That right there is what's wrong with politicians vs. the people. When I spend my money in the store, it's my choice and I know what I'm getting for it.
Some choice. Let me know what charity to contribute to to in your memory after you choose to stop consuming groceries.

Quote:
When the government spends OUR money, they take it by force and don't give good ROI on it.
You want force, try wheeling a cart full of groceries out of the Safeway without paying. Go ahead...your local SWAT team needs the practice. Meanwhile, you live in the USA and by now you should have learned that you live in a representative democracy whereby decisions are made not by you, but by your elected representatives. You are then handed a bill for your share of the costs for doing what they decided to do. No different from the tab the waiter leaves on the table at a restaurant after you're done with the meal. This is what you owe. What you owe is not YOUR money any more. Someone else has a higher claim to it. Pay up, or tell it to the judge.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,777,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSense1 View Post
I have met people that support Obama 100%.

I have met people that voted for Obama that wished they had NOT voted for Obama.

But, I have yet to find one person that voted for McCain that said they wished they had voted for Obama.

I wonder why that is! Have you?

Seriously.... Do YOU know ANYONE who voted for McCain who says "dang, I wish I had voted for Obama"??
I've yet to meet a Bush supporter who fully acknowledges him as responsible for anything negative. I've yet to meet a self reported republican who recalls the true core of the party, the party of accountability, that was shoved off a cliff to make way for new age republicans riding on the coat tails of a brand name. The party had a hostile takeover in 80's and folks like minded cheered them on.

Indeed what's in a name? I have no intrinsic hatred of McCain, but I've seen (former & current) republicans claiming to set him in their sights next election. They rebranded themselves as tea party. How nuts can you folks get when former and NON republicans have to defend McCains statesmanship and POW vet status baselessly attacked by $*&%^ chickenhawks? Those on the right with a beef against the man never offer material reasoning beyond personality traits and regurgitating Ann Coulter diatribes. Another Coulter mini me. Congratulations on transforming the republican party into a veritable wasteland of hate mongering tabloid zombies. Happy now?

Fixating on names and players with no substance- typical symptoms of brainwashing. The parties are dysfunctional because the system itself is ill. Wake up and quit blaming your brother for what you endorsed and allowed. Too complicated for joe the plumber, so y'all put your faith in neocon experiments at the expense of your country, but now it's everyone else's fault because YOU handed the keys to a drunken spendthrift and removed the brakes from the car? Sky's the limit executive power- how's that working out for you? Perhaps the backyard mechanics you hired aren't qualified after all???!

When I listen to like minded folks, I'm betting this is why neocons are such ardent supporters of social darwinism. They laughed all the way to the bank they now chair with golden parachutes. Get it??? You were robbed 10 yrs ago and are just now seeing the fallout. That you could at this late date, staring past the preponderance of evidence, continue defending your abuser transforms your screen name to tragedy.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:47 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,454,424 times
um why would someone wish they voted for someone who won anyway???? I'm pretty sure it's a moot point at this point, dontcha think??

Old 04-12-2010, 07:29 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
um why would someone wish they voted for someone who won anyway???? I'm pretty sure it's a moot point at this point, dontcha think??
Because too many people don't have the courage of their own convictions. They love to run in the pack, be on the bandwagon, join the hope and change parade, be among the "winners".

With Obama in office, unfortunately there are no winners other than the politicians, except those on the Obama bandwagon are still cheering, not even understanding where its taking them. It is an unintelligent, irrational, discordant refrain echoing from the left, repeated by hordes of sheep who heard it somewhere, and it sounded good to them, so they run with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies