Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:50 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
As I said, they are probably too busy working to support the other half of the nation that sits around and reads Derrida, Nietzsche, and Marx all day. They have no time to learn to read or write. They have to support both themselves and the elites. Someone has to support the country. It used to be slaves. They didn't have to read either. But there are no slaves to support the elites now; now we have uneducated rednecks. I'd laugh my ass off if those uneducated, misspelling rednecks refused to support the over-educated and largely useless demigods.

You tell me who is more useful to a productive society, a postmodern literature professor or a welder who can’t spell? Or a truck driver who can’t spell? Or a mechanic who can’t spell? Or even the guy that picks up your trash, who probably can’t spell? Try doing without him for six months. Those are your worthless 'teabaggers.'
Most of the union guys I know tend to be liberal, at least on economic issues. And most of these union guys are plumbers, electricians, drivers, etc.. I doubt most of them spend all day reading. You've heard of unions right? Those are the people you accuse of destroying the economy and forcing jobs oversees. Those are the people you call lazy. Elite class is not the term that comes to mind when I think of union guys. When I think of the elite class I think of bankers, CEO's, super rich people like Limbaugh, Beck, Murdoch, you know the people who are oppressed in your eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 12:40 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
It's not a few signs, it's many.
There's one out of about 30 (3.3%) that I photographed in Searchlight, and that one is possibly intentional.

Quote:
Both sides have freedom of speech, let the discourse continue. Bring it on!!!
You wouldn't know true discourse if it came up and bit you on your behind. You only know insults and ridicule. I DARE you to engage someone with an opposing view in a genuine conversation - I don't think you're capable, and you'd get eaten for lunch if you tried.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:05 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,607 times
Default Now that was intentional, this is easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
There's one out of about 30 (3.3%) that I photographed in Searchlight, and that one is possibly intentional.

You wouldn't know true discourse if it came up and bit you on your behind. You only know insults and ridicule. I DARE you to engage someone with an opposing view in a genuine conversation - I don't think you're capable, and you'd get eaten for lunch if you tried.
This is too easy. More examples of illiteracy. I'll grant you that "pogressive", MIGHT have been intenshunal, but "Politions" what the hell is that? Is that a reference to global warming? What's sad is that this is your best sampling, the creme of the creme.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:43 PM

25,742 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Those are the people you accuse of destroying the economy and forcing jobs oversees. Those are the people you call lazy. Elite class is not the term that comes to mind when I think of union guys. When I think of the elite class I think of bankers, CEO's, super rich people like Limbaugh, Beck, Murdoch, you know the people who are oppressed in your eyes.
I'm surprised you know more about my views than I do. Although you may think you are psychic, you are wrong this time. I'm no friend of glutinous wealth, just as I'm no friend of arrogant elites who think they know what's best for everyone else. Neither am I a friend of anyone who thinks that because they can win spelling bees, they are somehow better than everyone else. My only friend is freedom. Maybe you've heard of her? From there you can go any direction you want with me politically--as long as it does not inhibit the freedom of man or his thoughts, I'm more than willing to listen to any idea you may have about how to better society. However, nothing trumps freedom in my eyes. Freedom is first. Whether the attack on freedom comes from the left or right or aliens from outer space, it doesn't matter to me. It's wrong. A mandated society is nothing more than relabelled hell. If your vision of Utopia cannot be achieved by voluntary means, then it can never truly be achieved.

And as an ancillary question: when did being able to win a spelling bee make your views concerning the future of people's lives any more valuable than the next guy's? That's like me saying that because I could blow your doors off in a 'math competition' (and I'll bet I could), my political views are somehow more correct or more valuable that yours. Don't you see the flaw in that premise? You might want to brush up on your logic skills rather that worrying so much about speelin werds wright.

Last edited by ChrisC; 04-09-2010 at 01:52 PM..

Old 04-09-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Most of the union guys I know tend to be liberal, at least on economic issues. And most of these union guys are plumbers, electricians, drivers, etc.. I doubt most of them spend all day reading. You've heard of unions right? Those are the people you accuse of destroying the economy and forcing jobs oversees. Those are the people you call lazy. Elite class is not the term that comes to mind when I think of union guys. When I think of the elite class I think of bankers, CEO's, super rich people like Limbaugh, Beck, Murdoch, you know the people who are oppressed in your eyes.
Aren't you the OP of this thread? Didn't you start it to make fun of people for their spelling mistakes?

Welcome to the jungle.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:46 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I caught that, too.

ROFLMAO.

wjtwet, you just got served.
LOL..gotta love hypocrites!

3,674 posts, read 10,605,252 times
Swagger, you sure those signs are legitimate? They all seem to be spelled correctly.

25,742 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Aren't you the OP of this thread? Didn't you start it to make fun of people for their spelling mistakes?

Welcome to the jungle.
What I love about posts whining over spelling or grammar is that once someone belittles another for spelling or grammar, it's only a matter of time before that same someone screws up. And they will screw up sooner or later; we all do.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
"Politions" what the hell is that?
What sign says that? Perhaps you need to brush up on some remedial reading yourself?

I see you've declined to take on the challenge of engaging anyone in a genuine discussion. Exactly what I expected - people that are completely lacking in integrity are incapable of participating in a legitimate and civil conversation.

You're the reason people label the left "loony." Thank you for your service - you're personally responsible for helping us oust the Democrats in Congress come November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies