U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2010, 11:18 AM
 
Location: North America
18,293 posts, read 11,611,584 times
Reputation: 7580

Advertisements

Funny, and illuminating.

Exposing Glenn Beck as a Dangerous Fraud

So here goes. Beginning with this post, I intend to expose Glenn Beck as a fraud. A dangerous faker who deliberately manipulates his audience by appealing to their basest instincts. As a man who only embraces conservatism and the tea party movement as a means to furthering his significant personal wealth and career as a successful TV goon.

My theory is as follows. Glenn Beck is engaged in a carefully orchestrated performance that, if taken to its logical end, can only end up in tragedy -- a tragedy, not in the name of some great political or social or religious cause, as too many of his viewers might believe, but rather in the name of pure careerism and greed. A tragedy in the name of Glenn Beck's personal drive for fame and fortune, not to mention the similar motivations of Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2010, 11:31 AM
 
33,316 posts, read 14,541,521 times
Reputation: 7583
Opinions are like a.....s. Who are you and why should we care what you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 11:32 AM
 
313 posts, read 358,789 times
Reputation: 324
Ah yes, the old "white, conservative Christian" stereotype thrown out. Yea, that's sure legitimate.

EPIC FAIL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 11:38 AM
 
Location: North America
18,293 posts, read 11,611,584 times
Reputation: 7580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Opinions are like a.....s. Who are you and why should we care what you think?

ermmm, you might want to use the clicky thing on your computer-gadget, and go to the link, genius. It's an op-ed piece.

And, yes, opinions are like a**hol*s, you have one, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 12:20 PM
 
3,141 posts, read 2,952,941 times
Reputation: 3647
I watched Glenn Beck last night for the 4th time.
The first time, I thought he was a nut.
The second time, I thought he was an informed, sort of funny nut.
The 3rd time, I got interested.
Last night I started to see what he is trying to tell us and show us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 12:30 PM
 
Location: North America
18,293 posts, read 11,611,584 times
Reputation: 7580
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I watched Glenn Beck last night for the 4th time.
The first time, I thought he was a nut.
The second time, I thought he was an informed, sort of funny nut.
The 3rd time, I got interested.
Last night I started to see what he is trying to tell us and show us.

I admire your tenacity. I never got through the first time. I was waiting for his head to explode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 12:32 PM
 
Location: California
29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
Reputation: 24725
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I watched Glenn Beck last night for the 4th time.
The first time, I thought he was a nut.
The second time, I thought he was an informed, sort of funny nut.
The 3rd time, I got interested.
Last night I started to see what he is trying to tell us and show us.
Uh huh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 12:39 PM
 
2,127 posts, read 1,628,645 times
Reputation: 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I watched Glenn Beck last night for the 4th time.
The first time, I thought he was a nut.
The second time, I thought he was an informed, sort of funny nut.
The 3rd time, I got interested.
Last night I started to see what he is trying to tell us and show us.
It must be tough having such a malleable mind. Do you get drawn in by street preachers too? Do you think when he cries in front of the camera that he's being sincere?


YouTube - Glenn Beck EXPOSED - Crying On Cue Using Vicks under His Eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
15,194 posts, read 17,686,126 times
Reputation: 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
It must be tough having such a malleable mind. Do you get drawn in by street preachers too? Do you think when he cries in front of the camera that he's being sincere?


YouTube - Glenn Beck EXPOSED - Crying On Cue Using Vicks under His Eyes.
Big "gotcha" right? He's been "EXPOSED" as a TV personality, using techniques widely used by actors.

My question is this: So what?

He's an actor, so the information he's presenting is somehow illegitimate? The Constitution doesn't really exist after all, 'cuz Beck uses Vicks? The people in the video and audio clips he presents aren't really saying those things, 'cuz he can cry on cue?

I notice that you guys never go after the message, only the messenger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 03:05 PM
 
313 posts, read 358,789 times
Reputation: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Big "gotcha" right? He's been "EXPOSED" as a TV personality, using techniques widely used by actors.

My question is this: So what?

He's an actor, so the information he's presenting is somehow illegitimate? The Constitution doesn't really exist after all, 'cuz Beck uses Vicks? The people in the video and audio clips he presents aren't really saying those things, 'cuz he can cry on cue?

I notice that you guys never go after the message, only the messenger.
Because the message can't neatly be put into a Left vs. Right, Democrat vs. Republican diatribe for the sheep - so they baa, baa, baa the "he's a nut" line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top