Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 12:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Instead of targeting Black conservatives.....why don't you "man up" and tell your bigoted buddies in the Tea Party to cut out the racist BS?

Their message will never be heard and accepted by the mainstream when its wrapped in the language of hatred and bigotry. NEVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Oh good grief!!! Let him go!! This was based on reports of racial slurs being huled at black memebers of congress?? THIS IS WHY SOME BLACKS ARE TORN???

AGAIN...........WHERE IS THE VIDEO TAPE??? WHERE IS THE AUDIO??? WHY WON'T THESE GUYS GO ON TV AND TALK ABOUT IT??? Wanna know why?? Because it didn't happen!!!! Now we got blacks like this Brice guy actually falling for this crap! there's a 10,000 dollar reward for the audio or video!

One Congressman said the "N" word was said 15 times to him!! Fifteen??? You mean to tell me that after he heard it the the first time, he started COUNTING??? "There's one"....."oh there it is again"......

Does anyone not see how stupid and made up that sounds??? The furthest thing from your mind is counting the number of N-Bombs.

These guys are lying!

Blacks need to man up. What is happening is that they are getting pressure from their relatives and black friends who told them not to be in the tea party in the first place. And instead of having a strong defense, they are buckling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 12:07 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
I saw one interesting sign on the news yesterday where this older white lady at a Tea Party rally was walking around with a monkey doll and a sign that read " Send the Monkey President back to Kenya!" and you think this kind of behavior is going to endure blacks to the tea party movement?

Old 04-11-2010, 12:09 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In the Tea Party movement the hatred is much stronger than the anti-tax stance.

These people will continue to repel the voices of African American, Latino and Asian conservatives with their bigoted rhetoric and the movement is therefore doomed as a racist organization.
Guess I better tell the hispanics my husband and the black people that attend the one here weekly that they need to leave because the white people are a bunch of racist. But democrats calling black people a porch monkey or a token or an uncle tom isnt racist at all.

Guess we should all start jumping up and down to work more and bring home less

Guess we should all be happy with our gov telling us what we must do and must not do. I mean who wouldnt love that.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:10 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I saw one interesting sign on the news yesterday where this older white lady at a Tea Party rally was walking around with a monkey doll and a sign that read " Send the Monkey President back to Kenya!" and you think this kind of behavior is going to endure blacks to the tea party movement?
Can you prove that please

Old 04-11-2010, 12:16 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
^ it was on either MSNBC or CNN. Tell you what,why don't you YOUTUBE the words 'racists & tea baggers' and see how many videos show up! There will be a TON of them! I can't remember exactly where I saw the news clip but it was offensive enough for me to remember it.
PS: I'm not a Democrat either!

Old 04-11-2010, 12:24 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Guess I better tell the hispanics my husband and the black people that attend the one here weekly that they need to leave because the white people are a bunch of racist. But democrats calling black people a porch monkey or a token or an uncle tom isnt racist at all.

Guess we should all be happy with our gov telling us what we must do and must not do. I mean who wouldnt love that.

Why is it impossible for so many in the Tea Party movement to acknowledge and realize that the racist element that exists within their movement (I am talking about on the national scene) will never gain the mainstream push that they need to be taken seriously?

I'm glad that the Blacks and Hispanics at your local Tea Party gatherings feel welcome. Good for them. That is not the case on a national level. Accept the truth.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:46 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
So as long as the incidences of me being called a ni@@er, monkiy, and coon are far and few between I should be alright??!!

Seen too many clips, too many signs, and too may people calling this President a ni@@er to believe this group is anything but a majoprity of white older people longing for day's past.

I won't state the obvious, but why has a Tea Party movement all of a sudden materialised with the innaugaration of this President??

America didn't have major problems prior to Preas. Obama??...seems that's what most of these people want us to believe.
the tea party emerged when the crazy spending didn't stop or at least slow down and, instead, picked up. why do you think people voted for change???

i don't think americans were even awake as to how bad the problems were until the bailouts, and then people started saying WTH? that happened to coincide with obama's election and obama, in fact, supported all those bailouts. those bailouts benefited a lot of very rich and connected people and hurt a lot of middle and lower class people, including minority members. they stole money from the citizens and put your children (or future children) in debt.

if people are being loyal to obama because he is black, then they are engaged in an odd form of racism themselves, where they would defend a corrupt politician because he "represents" their race.

when you see corruption you need to call it out. i wouldn't care if bush and obama were BOTH in jail for selling this country out. (throw mccain, pelosi, schumer, frank, and dodd in there too). i can assure you that with our crooked congress nobody is going to get prosecuted for anything. obama appointed a tax cheat to be the treasury secretary, for crying out loud.

i think the incumbents need to go, and i seriously don't care what party or what race they are.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the tea party emerged when the crazy spending didn't stop or at least slow down and, instead, picked up. why do you think people voted for change???

i don't think americans were even awake as to how bad the problems were until the bailouts, and then people started saying WTH? that happened to coincide with obama's election and obama, in fact, supported all those bailouts. those bailouts benefited a lot of very rich and connected people and hurt a lot of middle and lower class people, including minority members. they stole money from the citizens and put your children (or future children) in debt.

if people are being loyal to obama because he is black, then they are engaged in an odd form of racism themselves, where they would defend a corrupt politician because he "represents" their race.

when you see corruption you need to call it out. i wouldn't care if bush and obama were BOTH in jail for selling this country out. (throw mccain, pelosi, schumer, frank, and dodd in there too). i can assure you that with our crooked congress nobody is going to get prosecuted for anything. obama appointed a tax cheat to be the treasury secretary, for crying out loud.

i think the incumbents need to go, and i seriously don't care what party or what race they are.
The Tea Party movement started in March 2009. Obama had been president for two months. He did support TARP, as did McCain. Some people were expecting a miracle if they thought Obama could "change" things in 6 wks.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:32 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Do you watch anything other than Fox News? The black congressman from South Carolina was on the Rachael Maddow show on MSNBC. He said that he was called the N word multiple times. Barney Frank (Gay Massachusetts Congressman) was called a F** multiple times as well. And now that you mention it I do believe there was some video.

The Rachel Maddow Show???????????? You mean "sanctuary central" for Democrats???......the network that will never challenge them on the validity of their claims?

Oh.....yeah.....we can really trust these paragons of virtue!! Barney Frank is a pure soul! He'd never lie for his cause.

WHERE'S THE TAPE?????????????? WHERE'S THE AUDIO?????????

15 TIMES HE SAID!!! 15!! AFTER THE 5TH N-BOMB SOMEBODY WOULD HAVE SWUNG A MIC OR CAMERA OVER THERE!!

It did not happen!!

Last edited by citizenkane2; 04-11-2010 at 04:42 PM..

Old 04-11-2010, 04:35 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Ain't it the truth!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies