Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 05:09 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Jadex,

You have attended the parties and I haven't. But I can tell you what is perceived by many people is what calipoppy said. It's what the news projects. All news. Even Fox. People believe it's against Obama. People believe it's only a republican movement. People believe there are radicals on the fringe. It's unfortunate because it's a great cause if the real truth of it could get out there to the public. People hear Tea Party and think of the early town hall meetings. Or the signs showing Obama as hitler. Because those are the things that make the news.

I truly wish there was a way for the real agenda to make the news. I believe then people would flock to the movement. I don't know a single person who likes being taxed to death.
I spoke with a guy Sat that said the samething. He was shocked to hear there were democrats and independents out there. Shocked when he seen the hispanics and black people standing there. That because of the media he thought it was nothing but republicans against Obama.

I wish it would also but when the media is pushing the agenda the tea parties are fighting it wont be easy.

I dont stand out there each Sat over Obama or democrat or for republicans. I dont stand there to promote a republican agenda. I stand there for all our freedoms, privacy, liberties. You get the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 05:10 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
It is against Obama!! BUT WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE FOR RACIST REASONS????

Why can't they be against him for the taxes??

The foreign policy ???

The Energy Policy???

Obamacare???

Anti-business policies

The unemployment!!!

People were agianst Clinton.....people were against Bush....but people CANNOT BE AGAINST OBAMA???? WHY?? Is he protected class?? He's the frickin' President of the United States! He takes what comes with the job, that he snowed all of you into thinking he could do!

And if they are, they are racists???? I knew this crap would happen when he took office! I knew it! I am sick to death of this easy out for the lefties when they can't win the argument!

Pull the race rip cord!
I was quoting Jadex who in their post said it wasn't against Obama, but big government spending.

Of course he would be included in that. But it doesn't help the cause when signs are shown depicting Obama as hitler or shows monkeys. You don't see the signs showing peoples feelings or thoughts. That doesn't make the news.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Exactly!!! IT DID NOT HAPPEN!! And we're suppose to go on their say so??????
Of course it didnt happen. Dont you think progressives would LOVEEEEEEEE it. It would be played on msnbc daily every 15 mins but its not because it didnt happen

Old 04-11-2010, 05:16 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am also Black and a registered Independent. I lean moderate to conservative regarding most social issues.

Bigotry is not the sole property of one political party over another yet the obvious must be pointed out for some. We can chalk the Chris Matthews comment up to "racial insensitivity". However, the Tea Party has an overtly racist undertone that is undeniable and the group is not predominantly Democrat and dos not have a sizeable minority involvement.

In general, the Republican party choses to keep alienating the many Blacks in America who agree with a lot of their stances on the issues yet the party leadership (even under Steele) continue to play to the radical Right and upholds the Rightwing as their base and foundation...people who tend to be less accepting of minorities in general.

Do the Republicans really think that they will win (or get a higher number of) the Black vote in 2012 with their radical Right base holding signs depictling the POTUS as a monkey or a witch doctor? Or will referring to "illegal immigrants" (which is code for Latinos) in derogatory terms get them more votes in 2012?
Thank you!!

Unfortunately some of us try so hard to be accepted by others that we refuse to see the plain truth with our own eyes!!

I've been called "liberal" as if it's a dirty word, I don't mind it at all.

I'm independent and vote based on that, the right wing/conservatives have some good points, I'll agree with that.

Their behavior, their undertones and blatant racism, their purposeful distortion of facts, misinformation, and character assassination, gives me all the evidence to know that this group definitely is not for me or any other black who refuses to be seen as a set prop!!

Old 04-11-2010, 05:17 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I spoke with a guy Sat that said the samething. He was shocked to hear there were democrats and independents out there. Shocked when he seen the hispanics and black people standing there. That because of the media he thought it was nothing but republicans against Obama.

I wish it would also but when the media is pushing the agenda the tea parties are fighting it wont be easy.

I dont stand out there each Sat over Obama or democrat or for republicans. I dont stand there to promote a republican agenda. I stand there for all our freedoms, privacy, liberties. You get the point.
I don't know anyone, even my conservative friends, that have gone to a Tea Party. I always keep an open mind about things because a very long time ago I learned not to believe everything on tv or in the media.

I am glad I came on here and heard from someone who attends the meetings. I have been enlightened. Thank you.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:19 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am also Black and a registered Independent. I lean moderate to conservative regarding most social issues.

Bigotry is not the sole property of one political party over another yet the obvious must be pointed out for some. We can chalk the Chris Matthews comment up to "racial insensitivity". However, the Tea Party has an overtly racist undertone that is undeniable and the group is not predominantly Democrat and dos not have a sizeable minority involvement.

In general, the Republican party choses to keep alienating the many Blacks in America who agree with a lot of their stances on the issues yet the party leadership (even under Steele) continue to play to the radical Right and upholds the Rightwing as their base and foundation...people who tend to be less accepting of minorities in general.

Do the Republicans really think that they will win (or get a higher number of) the Black vote in 2012 with their radical Right base holding signs depictling the POTUS as a monkey or a witch doctor? Or will referring to "illegal immigrants" (which is code for Latinos) in derogatory terms get them more votes in 2012?

The problem is us!! We become democrats because momma said so.....because cuzzin say so..... we are programed from birth to believe nothing else! And what has it gotten us??? Nothing!! Policies that keep us dependent! Empty promises and White liberals like Mathews that pander to our sensibilities! Nothing gets votes like going into a black church and talkin' like a fiery preacher! Nothing gets black vorters like saying that white folks are racists, when you're white too. Just ask Cohen in Memphis.

YouTube - Tennessee Rep. Steven Cohen Calls Tea Party Racist !!!

He's in Memphis (my hometown) his whole district is 80 percent black!! The former Mayor of Memphis is trying to unseat him.......that guy is black! so pull out the stops!! "I'M LIKE YA'LL, SEE?"

GOP will accept blacks if they want to be there! Our folks just won't even look over there.

Last edited by citizenkane2; 04-11-2010 at 05:28 PM..

Old 04-11-2010, 05:23 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Default Wow. Hypocrites. What a Surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Are you sure it is coming from real Tea Party protestors? The hate is coming from liberal infiltrators.
Wait a minute. What about the claims that this is an inclusive political (let alone racial) movement that had members from all over the political spectrum?

Why would liberals infiltrate (or need to) a movement in which they are included? That doesn't make sense to me. Conservatives certainly have done their share to increase government spending (2 wars on a credit card comes to mind). Judging by the number of tea party members who I'm sure cash (and don't refuse their social security checks) they can't be a party that is against social programs....

Maybe it's not so politically inclusive after all?

Old 04-11-2010, 05:24 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Thank you!!

Unfortunately some of us try so hard to be accepted by others that we refuse to see the plain truth with our own eyes!!

I'm independent and vote based on that, the right wing/conservatives have some good points, I'll agree with that.

Their behavior, their undertones and blatant racism, their purposeful distortion of facts, misinformation, and character assassination, gives me all the evidence to know that this group definitely is not for me or any other black who refuses to be seen as a set prop!!

Again.....where is the racism????

Old 04-11-2010, 05:25 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
It is against Obama!! What is wrong with that? WHY DOES IT HAVE TO AUTOMATICALLY BE FOR RACIST REASONS????

Why can't they be against him for the taxes??

The foreign policy ???

The Energy Policy???

Obamacare???

Anti-business policies

The unemployment!!!

Taxer Abortions

People were agianst Clinton.....people were against Bush....but people CANNOT BE AGAINST OBAMA???? WHY?? Is he protected class?? He's the frickin' President of the United States! He takes what comes with the job, that he snowed all of you into thinking he could do!

And if they are, they are racists???? I knew this crap would happen when he took office! I knew it! I am sick to death of this easy out for the lefties when they can't win the argument!

Pull the race rip cord!

I am against hussein obama becaus it is hussein obama who is calling all the shots that are destroying this country. It's his policies. It's he who put the kind of people he did in his administration. There are numerious reasons to be against hussein obama, just like I had many reasons to be against Bush's second term. The left loves to play their race card and will jumo on any reason to use it.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Thank you!!

WoW!! so a black person that doesnt agree with you is a prop.

I attend tea parties what have I done thats racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies