Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Bill Clinton a good president?
Yes 157 70.40%
No 66 29.60%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:50 PM
PYT

122 posts, read 290,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Because I have a problem with the two hypocrites that ran with these charges, wasted taxes payers money, pretty much ran amuck your moving to the personal route. It was a very expensive farce spear headed by two hypocrites. Now with that statement along with my previous, where did I make an excuse for Clinton, Newt or Starr.
seriously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 06:03 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post
I think he was simply enforcing the no-fly-zones established after the Gulf War. It wasn't anywhere near the same intensity as in Vietnam or NK. And we would have saved ourselves many lives and money if kept doing it instead of invading the country in 2003.
Incorrect. This was in addition to enforcing the no-fly-zones. Both the US and the UK bombed Iraq for over two years, non-stop. Over 280,000 sorties were flown in Iraq by US planes while Clinton was President.

There is no nation on the face of the planet that has ever surrendered from bombing alone. It is extremely naive to believe that bombing a nation will cause them to submit.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:11 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Because I have a problem with the two hypocrites that ran with these charges, wasted taxes payers money, pretty much ran amuck your moving to the personal route. It was a very expensive farce spear headed by two hypocrites. Now with that statement along with my previous, where did I make an excuse for Clinton, Newt or Starr.
You mean like:

Quote:
He was impeach because he played word games.
Your continual pathetic excuses for Clinton's crimes demonstrates your lack of honor and blatant partisanship. You clearly have serious issues with reality.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
good for the economy. i am concerned that during that period however china gained access to military tech - this should have not happened. there are grave concerns about his role in this matter.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:24 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
good for the economy. i am concerned that during that period however china gained access to military tech - this should have not happened. there are grave concerns about his role in this matter.

Yep he sure did send military tech to China. There was a plant in Columbus, Ohio that made Air Force jets (F-14s I think) packed up and went to China with Clinton's blessing.

Never got much press outside of Central Ohio though. I can't even remember the company now. I think it was McDonnell Douglass.

I had forgot about that. I want to revise my earlier grade of C+ and give him a D+.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:47 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You mean like:

Your continual pathetic excuses for Clinton's crimes demonstrates your lack of honor and blatant partisanship. You clearly have serious issues with reality.

Again you have nothing else but snyd personal attack. As adults we all have our opinions. I assume you are an adult since you have to be 18 to post on these boards, so act like one. Your blatant attempt to consider your opinion the be all to end all of others. Well i'm here to tell you YOUR NOT. Grow up

Old 04-09-2010, 06:51 PM

9 posts, read 6,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Beside the monica lewinsky scandal was Bill Clinton a good president?

Best president since FDR, Obama may measure up to him...

Old 04-10-2010, 02:13 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Yes!

Old 04-10-2010, 02:16 AM

43 posts, read 41,795 times
No, but he wasn't bad.

Nixon was better.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:37 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times
Quote:

He had good moments and bad moments during his time in office.

The good outweighs the bad, so that puts him at above-average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies