Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 03:04 PM

15,046 posts, read 8,619,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Yo Texas. It's the Washington Post. You know, 4 Pulitzer prizes this year alone for journalistic integrity. What is on your reading list aka (beacon of truth)?
Yes, and Hitler was once Time Magazine's Man of the Year.

And I don't consider Obama deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize either.

Nor do I consider FDA approval to mean "safe".

I rely on my own research, and of history.

We had the Germans from 1900-1945, and the Japanese as the boogie men.

Then we had the Ruskies from 1950 onward ... all of us learning to climb under our desks at school in case of Nuclear attack .... like that would do something to protect us.

Now we have the boogie men with towels wrapped around their heads. There's one hiding in every corner, dontchyaknow.

We invaded Afghanistan to go get Osama Bin Laden ... but 9 years later, all we have is Barrack Hussein Obama in the White House ... no Osama. But we do have US soldiers guarding those lucrative poppy fields over there, keeping the flow of heroine plentiful on the streets of the USA and the world.

We invaded Iraq cuz they had those Weapons of Mass Destruction, and was trying to get them "Nukular" weapons. ... oops ... didn't find any, even though Donald Rumsfeld said he knew EXACTLY where they were hiding them. So, we stayed because those insurgents keep shooting at us? How about leave?

Now we have Iran and their "Nuclear" weapons desires ... we don't even bother saying they have some ... just that they want some, and might get some one day, so we better use our WMDs on them before they maybe get some of their own.

Same old story ... over and over again. And the same dumb arse public response, over and over again.

Indiana Jones and Sherlock Holmes together, couldn't find a brain cell in between the ears of the American Sheeple, and you ask me what news I'm reading?

The same news you read .. we just have a slightly different take on what it says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 04:47 PM

43 posts, read 25,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Is your thinker connected to your typing fingers?

Iran is THE Number 1 State sponsor of terrorism in the world.

good grief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I've got news for you pal ... that Title belongs to the United States & Israel, via CIA/MOSSAD.

Including, 911.
The United States and Israel blew up the WTC?.....
And the media fooled us into believing the Nazis were the bad guys?....
And there is a communist conspiracy to take over the world?....
And............

Lunacy and evil exist in this world but one needn't go all the way to Iran to see it. It's right here on this thread.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:16 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
Given Israel's stance I am surprised that they have not done anything yet.
Maybe you should look into something called "physics."

As I have stated repeatedly ad nauseum until I want to vomit all over my keyboard, a fully laden F-16 does not have the range to reach Iran.

Israel can attack Iran, if, and only if, it has tacit and complicit US support.

That means that the US would have to provide Israel with not one, but several aerial refueling squadrons, because Israeli aircraft would have to conduct in-flight refueling operations not once, but twice: just before entering Iranian air space, and upon leaving Iranian airspace (unless you want the pilots to ditch their aircraft in the Persian Gulf or over Iran).

Given your military expertise, please tell us where these in-flight refueling operations should be conducted:

1) Over the Persian Gulf within radar, aircraft visual and ground visual range of Iranian defenses; or

2) Over Saudi Arabia in plain view of Saudi AWACs and Saudi air and ground radar?

Personally, I would not want to be flying an F-16 configured in a CAS or bombing role. It handles like a pig. An Iranian F-5 would tear it up easily. The F-16 pilot's only option would be to jettison the ordnance and then turn and burn to get out of there, since it only has 2 AIM missiles for defense.

The Iranians also have not less than 72 operational F-14s armed with Phoenix missiles that were back-engineered. In addition to the 90 mile range, they're better than the original Phoenix missiles.

The only other option is for Israel to launch an attack from Iraq. I don't suppose Iraqi Shia would notice some 100-odd Israeli aircraft with full load-outs refueling on the tarmac, because it would take about 18 aircraft to hit a single target, so it's about 100 F-15s and F-16s to hit 5-6 targets.

I've been saying for 10 years it ain't gonna happen, it hasn't and won't.

I can only figure it's the christian Armaggedon-it types that keep beating this dead horse.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:28 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,333 times
Quote:
Moving towards nuclear abilities with a death target on Israel. The U.S. China trying to negotiate sanctions which most believe will never work and Israel making plans. Just asking. Would like to know who thinks what.....?
Some would argue that WWIII has already begun. I hope that's not the case but suspect it might be true. I honestly don't think sanctions will do more than provoke. Historically sanctions and embargoes have started more wars than they've defused. To be honest, part of me would like to step back and let the Middle East deal with it's own issues but all wars tend to drag in everyone so it may not be possible to distance ourselves from what I believe is a bomb who's fuse was lit over 60 years ago. Others might argue the fuse was lit over 1000 years ago but most of the opinions I've heard agree it's a bomb waiting to blow. Considering the powder keg is smack in the middle of the most populated regions of the world, I can easily imagine it would spread fast. Even if we tried to stay out of it eventually we'd have to choose sides.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:51 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
Kingdom of Heaven is an excellent historical filme which illuminates much of what you are saying Joe.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:54 PM

[quote=Mircea;13742731]Maybe you should look into something called "physics."

I re read my post. I did not endorse or say anything about flying to Iran by Israel. Perhaps you should look into something called

READING

oh, and eat grapefruit for the vomiting. I hear it helps with personality disorders as well. good luck with that

Old 04-14-2010, 07:56 PM

[quote=GuyNTexas;13740803]Yes, and Hitler was once Time Magazine's Man of the Year.

And I don't consider Obama deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize either.

Nor do I consider FDA approval to mean "safe".

I rely on my own research, and of history.

Sounds as if you're living the dream man.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:26 AM

15,145 posts, read 14,324,147 times
Irans creation, Hezbollah, has grown well beyond its Lebanese sandbox. Hezbollah fighters, well trained and wellfunded by Iranian sponsors are everywhere. Like a booming franchise business, there are Lebanese Hezbollah, the iraqi Hezbollah, the Venezuelan Hezbollah, the kurdish Hezbollah and likely more to come.Hezbollah backs Hamas in gaza, insurgents in iraq, and the taliban in afghanistan, and has expanded to latin America. Its membership is growing and hezbollah has become Iran's away team training other terrorist- Sunni and Shia- while gleaning lessons on how Isreal and the west fight.A measurement of its ascendance is that Hassan Nasrallah has surpassed bin laden as a hero among the ummah( community of believers).
Trotsky said " you may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you" It still is Although the globel war on terror has ostensibly been put to bed, as reflected by the Obama administrations adoption of the less provocative moniker " Overseas Contingency Operations" our enemies in al-qaida the taliban hamas and hezbollah still call it " Jihad" GWOT won't end simply because we say so.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 AM

It is very troubling and odd to know that there are people that used to be human beings who are so perverse that they are bent on killing as many innocent people they can.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:37 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,472,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
How about explaining your argument a little better. All I was saying was we can't change what has been done in the past, we have to deal with the reality of today. Be a realist!
It is realistic to expect that people will remember the past. It is unrealistic to expect that people will hold the past of no account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies