Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 05:29 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
This part of the OP I found rather amusing : "Perpetual sunshine isn't necessarily conducive to serious academics for eighteen-year-old Alaska girls." It's delusional. I wonder what her major was....I can't envision her as a serious academic, no matter where she went to school.
Ya, I laughed at that lie, too.....what? she needs a blizzard to study?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 05:33 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
On the Palin issue, just because she was uncomfortable does not mean she is a racist - you people saying such things is ridiculous. There is no crime in feeling uncomfortable. Stop the hate.
Where did anyone say they hated Palin? I don't.

YES, when you say an entire race "makes you uncomfortable" that IS racism.
Sure makes her look weak...not being able to handle discomfort and all......

Not much discipline if she blames sunshine on her inability to study responsibly....
Weak, undisciplined, a racist...and not studious....I really don't think her Dad gave away any secrets.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:38 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya, I laughed at that lie, too.....what? she needs a blizzard to study?
Put on your thinking cap - maybe she meant - sunshine = recreation. Therefore, it was not conducive to study. No hidden racism even if it was not the primary reason for leaving.

I just love it - she is now a liying, idiotic racist based on this statement - very substantive argument. Heck, I do not even like her and did not vote for her and at least I am not driven by trying to find subliminal racism in every non-leftist remarks.

By the way this was reported on during the campaign - So Old.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Where did anyone say they hated Palin? I don't.

YES, when you say an entire race "makes you uncomfortable" that IS racism.
Sure makes her look weak...not being able to handle discomfort and all......

Not much discipline if she blames sunshine on her inability to study responsibly....
Weak, undisciplined, a racist...and not studious....I really don't think her Dad gave away any secrets.
I would say it is hateful to try and accuse someone of being a racist because of being uncomfortable. The first sentence in the OP stated it right from the get go. Being weak is irrelevant. The only thing that is weak is the arguments at maligning her character.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:08 PM

122 posts, read 330,772 times
wasnt sarah palin the dumba$$ for not checking hawaii's demographics before she jumped ship?

Old 04-14-2010, 08:01 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
The only reason she went to school there in the first place was to see if Obamas birth certificate was real.

btw I went to school in a different part of the country than where I grew up. It was uncomfortable for me also. But I knew after getting instate tuition it would be inexpensive so I stayed. I guess my cheapness is greater than my bigotry.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:17 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
What asinine remarks. if you are black, and in the middle of a group of KKK people, would you be "uncomfortable"?

if you are white and in the middle of an inner city gov't housing project, would you be "uncomfortable"?

She went there not knowing how the local Hawaiians treated whites. I've been to Hawaii and was very surprised by the local attitude towards whites. it is not widely known. The tourism dept tried to keep it as quiet as possible.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:21 AM

894 posts, read 1,127,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The only reason she went to school there in the first place was to see if Obamas birth certificate was real.
You're joking, right? If not ... you can't be serious.

When Palin went to school in Hawaii, Obama wasn't even running for President and I'm sure she didn't have some crystal ball either.

As for the comments about being made to feel uncomfortable being equal to racism ... let's flip that Palin/Asian example with another one (which happens to be true).

Obama's grandmother was waiting to take the bus home from her job as a Bank Manager. Three black men approached her and "asked her for some money" and she was terrified. After reaching her home she told both her husband and Obama that the black men made her "uncomfortable."

If Palin can wear the racist tag for being uncomfortable around Asians, is it also fair to assign that tag to Obama's grandmother?

I'm not a Palin supporter, I don't like her, and I would never vote for her. She's not very bright IMO. However, being "stupid" doesn't make someone a racist, either.

Perhaps the reason she felt "uncomfortable" around Asian's is that so many of them are such very bright people and she isn't that smart.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
You're joking, right? If not ... you can't be serious.
lol Yes I am joking

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
When Palin went to school in Hawaii, Obama wasn't even running for President and I'm sure she didn't have some crystal ball either.

As for the comments about being made to feel uncomfortable being equal to racism ... let's flip that Palin/Asian example with another one (which happens to be true).

Obama's grandmother was waiting to take the bus home from her job as a Bank Manager. Three black men approached her and "asked her for some money" and she was terrified. After reaching her home she told both her husband and Obama that the black men made her "uncomfortable."

If Palin can wear the racist tag for being uncomfortable around Asians, is it also fair to assign that tag to Obama's grandmother?

I'm not a Palin supporter, I don't like her, and I would never vote for her. She's not very bright IMO. However, being "stupid" doesn't make someone a racist, either.

Perhaps the reason she felt "uncomfortable" around Asian's is that so many of them are such very bright people and she isn't that smart.
Good post and I agree with the bold part. Being racist is a defect of the heart not of the brain.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM

894 posts, read 1,127,257 times
Quote:
lol Yes I am joking
OK. LOL.

Quote:
Good post and I agree with the bold part. Being racist is a defect of the heart not of the brain.
I agree. If everyone would just "get over" skin color, the world would be such a better place for everyone.

I'm blind and don't give a rat's hind end what color someone is (doesn't matter to me). I see people for who they are on the inside, because in the end, the heart is all that really matters. Isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies