Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 02:34 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Again, Teabaggers nor the healthcare bill had NOTHING to do with NJ. Jersey was a blow out yes, We blew Corzine out due to his inability to govern
LOL that's pretty funny.

I'd believe you except that NJ put a REPUBLICAN in the spot.

That's not popularity change....that's POLICY change...and it doesn't come that easy in heavily Democratic New Jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 03:08 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
LOL that's pretty funny.

I'd believe you except that NJ put a REPUBLICAN in the spot.

That's not popularity change....that's POLICY change...and it doesn't come that easy in heavily Democratic New Jersey.

News flash...NJ has voted Republican previously...Whitman two terms, so nice try.

Continue to live in your fantasy world outside of NJ, Christie knows as well as those Republicans who voted for Christie will also tell you, it had nothing to do with Obama. Which would explain why Christie has not and more than likely will not join the bandwagon of the "repeal" jibberish. 35% voter turnout does not = issue with Obama policies.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:27 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,421 times
He is a smart guy. A smarter republican. Why? Because he knows tea party activists do not represent all the ideals that normal mainstream republicans hold dear. Brown is intelligent enough to put a corporate arm's length distance between himself and the what some might call tea party fringe people. Does it matter? Who knows, we'll have to wait and see. He might be Presidential material in 2012.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Again, Teabaggers nor the healthcare bill had NOTHING to do with NJ. New Jersey was a blow out yes, We blew Corzine out due to his inability to govern
I hate to dis democrats, but the people who voted brown were supposed to be independents, you know, the ones who could vote either way, dem or repub, so, I think we're probably going to see more and more of this in 2012, because our current president isn't necessarily getting an awful lot done, he's moving too slow to suit some voters.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:36 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Looks like one of the baggers former heroes is turning his back on Palin and these fools.

I wonder why?

But, but...I thought the baggers WERE "mainstream"....lol

Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally - BostonHerald.com
The important thing to remember about all of this is............Scott Brown is sitting Ted Kennedy's seat insted of a democrat. I dont think scott brown is a real blow to the tea party movement. much a do about nothing, but we understand you have to try.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:37 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
I hate to dis democrats, but the people who voted brown were supposed to be independents, you know, the ones who could vote either way, dem or repub, so, I think we're probably going to see more and more of this in 2012, because our current president isn't necessarily getting an awful lot done, he's moving too slow to suit some voters.
A key reason why Brown won was due to the fact Coakley ran a poor campaign and did not excite the base. The turnout in many of the Dem strongholds (Boston, Cambridge, the Berkshires) was quite poor. That is not going to happen in a year with a Presidential election at the top of the ticket.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:45 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
A key reason why Brown won was due to the fact Coakley ran a poor campaign and did not excite the base. The turnout in many of the Dem strongholds (Boston, Cambridge, the Berkshires) was quite poor. That is not going to happen in a year with a Presidential election at the top of the ticket.
Coakley was a particularly terrible candidate. You can't win an election on entitlement.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Coakley was a particularly terrible candidate. You can't win an election on entitlement.
Don't they call that coat-tails?

Old 04-12-2010, 05:21 PM

1,089 posts, read 654,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Exactly, she thought she was a shoe-in just like Hillary Clinton did in the race for the presidency.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:53 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Scott Brown might be the one Republican politician I respect now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies