Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
This thread has no basis. It's amazing how so many people make statements as though they were facts, when the truth is that there is no basis for them at all.

This OP provides no source. And the reason is simple.
China has NOT agreed to tougher sanctions. And if China ever does, you can be sure that the sanctions will be no more than a slap on the wrist. Worthless. Worse than worthless because Obama will make it look as though he is doing something about the Iranian nukes, when in fact it will be insignificant.

Obama has accomplished NOTHING regarding Iranian nukes. The centrifuges churn on. A-jad and the mullah's just continuously give the US the finger. And for that the OP calls Obama and his team "serious winners"??? The ignorance here is astounding.

Iran: We will join 'world nuclear club' within a month - Haaretz - Israel News
Your ability to not read the accomplishments is remarkable. Mexico, Chile, Ukraine, Russia, China and many other nations are working to reprocess weapons grade uranium to lower grade fission material. NY Times, Miami Herald, Washington Post. You may want to check you morning list of reading before you speak loudly. The whole world is alerted to the risks of not doing anything and Obama and others are playing critical roles to make the world safer and thank god for them... yet here you state nothing happened. Truly amazing. The years of denial are O V E R........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
China signed on? Really?

Summit agrees to secure nuclear materials in four years - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100413/pl_afp/usnuclearsummit - broken link)

Please provide a link that details the agreement with China.

Back up your "claims" with evidence.
Todays NY Times has several detailed articles on not only the agreement but the results of numerous negotiations. I am not going to fetch articles for you just because you want them and which are easily accessible for an adult who should know better.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:24 PM

1,089 posts, read 654,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Obama has accomplished NOTHING regarding Iranian nukes. The centrifuges churn on. A-jad and the mullah's just continuously give the US the finger. And for that the OP calls Obama and his team "serious winners"??? The ignorance here is astounding.
Do you remember when Bush Jr. called Iran one of the axis of evil - then invaded Iraq? So, does Iran think they are next? The ignorance here is astounding.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Could it be that China and Russia have their own interests in mind and they would play ball no matter who the POTUS is? I'd say the answer to that one has to be YES.
Could it be that the if McCain had won, he'd still be singing "Bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb, bomb Iran? Could it also be that while the war mongering previous administration was in the Oval Office, they spent all of their time and our tax dollars focusing on the illegal occupation of Iraq and practiced zero dimplomacy? I say Yes!

Old 04-14-2010, 01:34 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Obama is a world leader and statesman after today meanwhile back at Camp Tea Party Palin is still trying to see Russia from her front porch!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:44 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
The Ukraine has decided to give up all of it's weapons grade Uranium leftover from Russia which is a feather in Obama's cap. Nobody said any of this would be easy but I bet McCain/Palin if they were elected couldn't get 47 world leaders together to discusses nuclear issues. Kudos to Obama for showing leadership and a big raspberry to the haters!
Gee, because "you bet" must make it an irreversable fact, right?

Yopu hatred is leading your mouth to make stupid statements.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
All in all, it looks like it was a productive summit. I would have preferred more details, however, I am encouraged by the overall cooperation
Yes, just about as productive and binding as the climate summit....

Old 04-14-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Obama hasn't sold crap! All he has done is reduce the arsenal of the unGodly amount of nukes we have. You almost sound like you are terrified that even with a 30% reduction we won't have enough nukes to protect us! Don't worry because after a first strike on the US none of us will be around to bother with your unfounded fear.
Long live the cockroaches!

And you know this to be true how, exactly? Were you included in the talks, strategy meetings or negotiations?

Didn't think so. Just makeing things up to suit your agenda as usual.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Todays NY Times has several detailed articles on not only the agreement but the results of numerous negotiations. I am not going to fetch articles for you just because you want them and which are easily accessible for an adult who should know better.

You are aware that "agreement" is different than actually signing these treaty's, right?

Old 04-14-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You are aware that "agreement" is different than actually signing these treaty's, right?
Dude this is not my "show". People around the world are stating that this summit represents unique accomplishments in words and deeds. If you don't think so that's your right. But going after me just because I posted it is childish. If you don't think the summit lived up to your standards so be it. I would recommend you actually READ the newspaper and decide for yourself. Either way "I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to..."

A Few Good Men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies