Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 06:03 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I love it when White people tell non-White people to "lighten up" regarding something that does not affect them.

Yet let a non-White person get the job that the White person wanted or buys a house that the White person can't afford and all hell breaks lose.

They start screaming bloody murder about Affirmative Action, entitlement programs and start throwing Tea Parties all over the place.

Well if that non-white person got the job based on their race that would be discrimination. If the non-white person gets a housing subsidy based on their race it's not discrimination?

oops- sorry I forgot that discrimination only exists when non-whites are the victim...sorry my bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 06:05 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,207,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
"All Blacks Leave": Copycat Racism Probed at Another NJ Store | NBC New York

#1) How are PA syatems still accessible to customers?

#2) These kids actually believe they are being funny. Where are their parents?

perhaps you should suggest the PA system police? maybe congress should regulate store pa systems?

like most things that kids do, they probably thought they were being funny. imo, the correct action would be for the store manager to eject them from the store and ban them from coming back. i think excessive use of police to monitor this kind of thing creates more racial hatred than it abolishes.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
What if they had announced that all whites must leave the store ...

i would think that perhaps someone was playing a prank and i would laugh it off. if anyone gets offended by this kind of thing they should get a life. i think of people who claim offence like i think of soccer stars who get tackled and then roll on the ground in agony only to get up seconds later and continue playing. it's irritating and childish! we have serious problems in our country and this is not one of them!

Old 04-14-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
I love it when White people tell non-White people to "lighten up" regarding something that does not affect them.

Yet let a non-White person get the job that the White person wanted or buys a house that the White person can't afford and all hell breaks lose.

They start screaming bloody murder about Affirmative Action, entitlement programs and start throwing Tea Parties all over the place.

i take the sticks and stones may ....... approach. if someone refers to me as a honky, redneck, white trash, trailer trash, uptight white folks, says i can't jump, dance, run fast, that i have no rythym etc i laugh it off.

if however someone gets a job over me purely based on the color of their skin, gender or sexual orientation and that discrimination has been forced on the employer by the govt or it is a govt job, that is real discrimination! i then have a problem with it. i have no problem if a private employer wants to employ only black, asian, homosexual, transgender females. it's their business and if they think that will further their goal the good luck to them. i however, might reserve my right not to do business with said employer.

the tea parties are a different story. i'm not saying that racist types don't attend the tea parties. what i do say is that the overwhelming gripe of the tea partiers i know is that they are concerned about the deficit levels. at some point those deficits will come back to bite all of us regardless of age, gender, race etc and you would be better served by going to a tea party to see what it's all about instead of dismissing it as some redneck parade.

YouTube - Is the Tea Party Racist?

Old 04-14-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I really can't see the humor. How is it funny? Maybe to a 12 year old, or someone with the intellectual capacity of a 12 year old. No humor, no point, no irony, no nothing. They probably would think it was funny if someone farted over the PA system too. You can't treat stupid.

it isn't funny, it's the "borat" reaction of the patrons in the store at that time which might have been funny.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:43 AM

171 posts, read 212,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
i take the sticks and stones may ....... approach. if someone refers to me as a honky, redneck, white trash, trailer trash, uptight white folks, says i can't jump, dance, run fast, that i have no rythym etc i laugh it off.

if however someone gets a job over me purely based on the color of their skin, gender or sexual orientation and that discrimination has been forced on the employer by the govt or it is a govt job, that is real discrimination! i then have a problem with it. i have no problem if a private employer wants to employ only black, asian, homosexual, transgender females. it's their business and if they think that will further their goal the good luck to them. i however, might reserve my right not to do business with said employer.

the tea parties are a different story. i'm not saying that racist types don't attend the tea parties. what i do say is that the overwhelming gripe of the tea partiers i know is that they are concerned about the deficit levels. at some point those deficits will come back to bite all of us regardless of age, gender, race etc and you would be better served by going to a tea party to see what it's all about instead of dismissing it as some redneck parade.

YouTube - Is the Tea Party Racist?

1- Possibly you can laugh it off, because your ancestors were never raped, killed, or beating to death after those words were spitted out!! U won't get it because what is serious is the action that used to follow the words. Now a day’s people hide behind fake names, media, blogs, and non-funny jokes to show their hate. But, we see it.

2- People forget the reason for affirmative action was placed because companies were not hiring blacks based on their skin color. So, if you feel discriminated against now blame whites!!! If they were fair from the beginning there wouldn't be an affirmative action. You have no problem with an only black or Asian etc. business now because they are not the majority fortune 500 companies. But if they were I believe your thoughts will be different. I know it will!!

3- As for the Tea baggers- why all of only be concerned about the deficit in the past year??? They should have been angry!! And again if you’re concerned on how people judge the Tea Baggers you may want to talk to those who are out there on TV representing you - I'm quite sure you don't have a problem at all on how they are representing the rest of you!! It’s just fun- right?

Old 04-15-2010, 11:51 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:

I tell ya, you're one jaded individual aren't you? It appears that you're still living in 1960's Mississippi and begrudging every single issue that could be remotely construed as black vs. white. The Black Man is down for the count in your world.

Have you realized that there are millions of upwardly mobile black people in this country these days? While they're taking the elevator to the 99th floor, it appears that you're still hanging around in the basement mail room.

Maybe you should come up for air sometime and realize that it's not as bad out there as you think it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies