U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:47 PM

13,072 posts, read 11,424,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I agree. Finally you got it right. Was wondering when you would finally come around.
Well, some who have done such rationalizing have viewed certain people as blobs who have escaped natures grasp. That is, these blobs were able to form to a point to which they were never intended. By the basis of such rationalization, they have exterminated people along these lines of thinking.

I was being sarcastic, but it is interesting to see that you share such a morbid opinion as those who commit mass murder. One and the same I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 08:49 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,275,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Well, some who have done such rationalizing have viewed certain people as blobs who have escaped natures grasp. That is, these blobs were able to form to a point to which they were never intended. By the basis of such rationalization, they have exterminated people along these lines of thinking.

I was being sarcastic, but it is interesting to see that you share such a morbid opinion as those who commit mass murder. One and the same I guess.
Hey! You were the one who said it. Not me.

Have a good night.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
My question was:

So what you're saying is what you're basing it on, is some odd rant that can't actually be attributed to anyone and which came from your own thoughts? Or...what was that, exactly?

Oh I am sorry, I made an assumption. Maybe the family was very concerned and emotional when they decided to kill one of their children who may not have the level of physical position they would accept. My condolences, it was such a hard decisions.

Kill the gimp! He wouldn't be worthy anyway. So said, I shed a tear.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 PM

5,129 posts, read 4,777,666 times
Quote:
Exactly. Odd that some people dont believe me when I say it.

As I said before, my mother NEVER got over the grief of never having a son. Did you see my other post about when we went to India? My parents and I and my sis walked in and they kept the door open waiting for their "son". Finally they asked "Wheres your son?" My parents were shamed as they said they didnt have one. And they *COMFORTED* my parents saying that God did it for a reason, etc etc.

When my sister was born, my mom cried for days because it was just another worthless girl.

I could not believe the nerve of that woman who was 8 months pregnant though. All because her husband didnt want a female. 8 months is far too late into it. My cousins wife refused to look for loopholes for her. And meanwhile, it was not in the US, Canada is similar enough, yes?

People think this is a issue only in homelands. Not at all. They come HERE and bring their stupid little cultural issues with them.

Oh I know it is true as I said I have been "dragged" into it. True story, I met this Indian woman when school first started, we did not know each other but began talking every day while waiting for out kids. We got talking one day and she says to me and I quote" can you please tell me what you did "in bed" to get two sons"! I was floored, she had one girl and wanted a second baby but wanted to be sure she had a boy. I couldn't believe she was asking me that. It is very sad because I have had Indian men treat me like some kind of Goddess AFTER they find out I have two sons. One womens husband NEVER talked to me, NEVER until she told him I had two sons, no daughters just two sons after that he could not have been nicer.

No matter what anyone on this thread believes it DOES happen here.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Oh I am sorry, I made an assumption. Maybe the family was very concerned and emotional when they decided to kill one of their children who may not have the level of physical position they would accept. My condolences, it was such a hard decisions.

Kill the gimp! He wouldn't be worthy anyway. So said, I shed a tear.
Had they not aborted the child with the illness, you would have been ready to adopt him right?

Old 04-13-2010, 08:54 PM

487 posts, read 565,528 times
Quote:

Well from a historical point of view dehumanizing the targets has made the act of murder more conscionable. The nazis are a prime example, where they classified people as subhumans and "life not worthy of living".

Old 04-13-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Well from a historical point of view dehumanizing the targets has made the act of murder more conscionable. The nazis are a prime example, where they classified people as subhumans and "life not worthy of living".
Pathetic just like your thread.

How do you compare this:

To this:

NICE appeal to emotion though.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Hey! You were the one who said it. Not me.

Have a good night.

I was being sarcastic, were you? Considering your previous discussions in other threads, I can not be so sure.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Pathetic just like your thread.

How do you compare this:

To this:

NICE appeal to emotion though.

How do you?

Note he does not put conditions on what is human life and what is not.

You do.

I think it is clear the problem here.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:01 PM

5,129 posts, read 4,777,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So then they feel that way; are they actually doing something about it? Are they actually aborting the female fetuses? Because that was the point: whether or not abortions that are actually performed are based on such cavalier attitudes. I'm not asking about wishful thinking and disappointment, I'm asking for facts. I am no tin this community so I don't know...therefore, again, if anyone has statistics on a significantly higher number of males than females being born into this community in the U.S., I will then say: Yes, in this community, anyway, certain women are making what I personally would consider a stupid decision to abort healthy babies.

So I'll await stats on that, and in the meantime, the issue of Indian women wishing they had males doesn't really have any parallel to what the mother and father in this news story must have been feeling. They were not trying to abort a healthy baby girl because it was a girl.

Ok let me put it this way. The hospitals in my town will no longer give the results of ultrasounds because of the reactions of the Indians and Asians. I have lived in this town my entire life and only AFTER the town became mostly Indian and Asian did that happen.

I agree that it has not much to do with the story as the parents wanted to abort the male because he was sick but it does not change the fact that in the Indian and Asian communities males are wanted, females are NOT. I will give you a little lesson I learned. Indians and Asian want males because in those cultures the males take care of the parents when they are older. If there are no males they feel there is no one to take care of them when they are old, the girls take care of her husbands parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies