U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:03 PM

3,983 posts, read 3,370,707 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Pitbull Attacks Female Animal Control Officer

Yup .. great dogs indeed ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 09:04 PM

122 posts, read 174,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpbdrummer View Post
2 of em...
You rock!!! Pit bulls have been around since the 1800's and there was never incidents with these dogs attacking humans. People neglect to acknowledge this.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:11 PM

Well, would you like at that. APBT's scored 85% on temperament testing. You better email the organization and tell them they lied and don't know what they are talking about: ATTS - American Temperament Test Society, Inc. - ATTS Breed Statistics - page 1 (http://www.atts.org/stats1.html - broken link)

Dog Bites | National Canine Research Council Dog bites are not very accurate are they?

http://www.avma.org/public_health/dogbite/dogbite.pdf

The dogs that bite people are, in many cases, socially isolated because their owners are socially isolated, and they are vicious because they have owners who want a vicious dog. The junk-yard German shepherd—which looks as if it would rip your throat out—and the German-shepherd guide dog are the same breed. But they are not the same dog, because they have owners with different intentions.

Annals of Public Policy: Troublemakers : The New Yorker

2009 Dog Bite Fatalities Final Report - KC DOG BLOG

It shows that most fatalities because of human error and there are a wide variety of breeds that are responsible and shows the edias bias reporting.

Dog bite statistics are tricky because of several different reasons:

1. There is NO governing body that accurately collects dog bite information.
2. Many, many dog bites go unreported whether it be because the victim did not require and/or get medical attention or because medical personnel did not report the bite to the appropriate authorities or because there was/is not authority to whom the bite can be reported.
3. Breed misidentification occurs a lot. Most people are ignorant about the different dog breeds and mutts get labeled as something just for the sake of giving it a name.
4. Some people just lie whether done to protect their own dog that actually did the biting or because they want 15 minutes of fame.

I'm sure there are many more reasons, but those are the immediate ones off the top of my head. When you combine all that, you've basically got one big mess that then encourages officials to make up their own statsitics to further whatever agenda they have.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Indeed they are. Gee, could the above video support my statement that the owner was socially isolated?

People like you THRIVE on finding attacks on pit bulls. I am sure animal control officers have never been bit by another breed but a pit bull.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbing68 View Post
Indeed they are. Gee, could the above video support my statement that the owner was socially isolated?

People like you THRIVE on finding attacks on pit bulls. I am sure animal control officers have never been bit by another breed but a pit bull.
A bit touchy are we?? ..

And yes, 4 Pits down in 3 years since the druggies moved in down the road ..
The fourth was shot by another neighbor's husband after her Yorkie was killed and half eaten .. U-Bet .. great dogs .. Those Pits

Oh .. and it's all perfectly legal by the way .. it's the law of the land ..

As land owners, we are well within our rights to protect our pets and domestic livestock ..

Old 05-07-2010, 09:29 PM

51 posts, read 70,673 times
That dog was a trained attack dog, just compare the video to police dog training videos. it went straight for her arms and upper body only for her, even after the guy bashed it upside the head it ignored him and went for the officer.

if you want to talk about dogs attacking and killing things. I had 16 chickens and my neighbors roaming dogs, a lab and a goldie, got in my yard, tore through the chicken run and annihilated the entire flock. this year, same thing, new neighbors, they have 2 mixed breed (not pits) that got in my yard, either over or under the chain link fence and killed 8 chickens. my wife found them inside the coop trying to kill more.

my pits are in the yard all the time, they stand right next to the chickens in the run and dont bother them, my cats crawl all over the dogs and our female pit lets the cats lay on her back

Old 05-07-2010, 09:35 PM

953 posts, read 774,742 times
I had a dog that was 1/2 Pit bull and 1/2 Collie...

So he'd rip your leg off---and then he'd run for help. WTH!

Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpbdrummer View Post
That dog was a trained attack dog, just compare the video to police dog training videos. it went straight for her arms and upper body only for her, even after the guy bashed it upside the head it ignored him and went for the officer.
Well one of the ones that went after one of our colts last year must have been trained to attack only Sorrels, because even in spite of the other colts going after it, the foolish Pit kept coming at the same horse ..

Oh, and yes .. the 308 found it's mark and put the worthless Pit out of it's misery .. a week later I sued it's owner for the damage his dear sweet Pit put to my horse ($2,300 dollar vet bill) .. Um .. and surprise, surprise .. I won .. imagine that ..

Old 05-07-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
I had a dog that was 1/2 Pit bull and 1/2 Collie...

So he'd rip your leg off---and then he'd run for help. WTH!

Old 05-07-2010, 09:47 PM

51 posts, read 70,673 times
well we could go round and round about it for years. you dont like pits and I'm just sayin, i have two and mine arent vicious attack dogs

heres a vicious horse

YouTube - Horse attack little girl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies