U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:51 AM

4,406 posts, read 5,455,893 times

Advertisements

The perceptions here about Obama must be drug-induced.
The generalizations about liberals are also in the same category.
The introduction of God into the health care discussion is just plain silly.
This thread shows me our country probably deserves the hard bumpy road ahead for it is populated with a cancer called ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 10:44 PM

66,173 posts, read 33,593,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Is public education a right?

If you are in the woods and you break your leg what will your 3rd grade teacher say?

Can you sue the text book publisher?

Deep thoughts....................pass the bong please.

That is pretty much the mind set of those doing the thinking for us. Keep them dumb and they will never know.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:19 AM

28 posts, read 42,482 times
I told my husband years ago when Hilary was on the rampage, if you want free healthcare, you're going to be taking care of yourself. I'm am RN and I'm married to a MD and we are not working for free and if you don't like that then that is too bad. Everyone thinks we should work for nothing and I am tired of it. Let the bankers,businessmen work for free. Let them put up with the verbal abuse that is every day of our lives. You want goverment healthcare, then good luck.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:32 AM

2,691 posts, read 3,099,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I don't know if it's really a matter of brainwashing so much as it is just the "lazy-fication" of our population. The country is becoming softer, lazier, and increasingly impatient as the years go by.

The thing is, liberal politics are easy to vote for. It doesnt take any personal sacrifice or discipline to vote for the party that gives massive safety nets to society at the expense of the bread winners. But as we learned in grade school, the easy way of doing things isn't always the best.
so Bush with his tax cuts and 2 wars that were all unfunded were liberal politics because they're easy???? They sure didn't require any sacrifice. Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:49 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 4,837,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
If the Queen has balls, is she then King?
No, but she sure is going to have trouble giving birth to an heir to the throne.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:52 AM

43,409 posts, read 52,413,699 times
Just a thought: In this country, we have this idea that we're in control of everything in our lives. It's so ingrained that if something goes wrong, that automatically means someone has to be responsible for it. There's no 'accidents' or 'bad luck.' You slip and fall in a store? It's the store's fault. You die of a horrible disease? Dr's fault. So of course the lawyers thrive aplenty.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:54 AM

43,409 posts, read 52,413,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers61 View Post
I told my husband years ago when Hilary was on the rampage, if you want free healthcare, you're going to be taking care of yourself. I'm am RN and I'm married to a MD and we are not working for free and if you don't like that then that is too bad. Everyone thinks we should work for nothing and I am tired of it. Let the bankers,businessmen work for free. Let them put up with the verbal abuse that is every day of our lives. You want goverment healthcare, then good luck.

You want something awesome and of great quality and attracting the best minds? You will have to PAY for it, and you will have to PAY dearly.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:56 AM
GLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers61 View Post
I'm glad another healthcare professional spoke up. I have spent the majority of my career taking care of disenfranchised patients in nursing homes and mental health facilities. Just because we are committed to offering compassionate care, does not mean we should agree to dishonest politicians controlling our salaries.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:59 AM
GLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
This thread shows me our country probably deserves the hard bumpy road ahead for it is populated with a cancer called ignorance.

So, call an oncologist.....if you can find one. Or better yet, go to Med school yourself.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:04 AM

47,576 posts, read 60,482,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Have you seen some of the recent articles about prayer and illness? There are studies that show that patients who have people praying for them actually do better than those who don't?

One of the big problems in medical care now is that it's no longer about the whole person. It should be more holistic and that includes the whole being. In fact you really should look at more than just the patient but the patient's family if you're really doing good health care, and religious beliefs are important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies