U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 01:44 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,034,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
The federal income tax is not concerned with where you live.

The median income is the median income for the nation as a whole, just as the tax policies on a federal level are the same no matter where you live.

So, in light of that, and because you exceeded the median income established for this nation, the fact that you paid income tax really has no relevance on the discussion regarding how the working poor pay no income tax and in some cases have a negative liability.
You need to re-read my posts.

A) your info is wrong and
B) you missed the point of the thread entirely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 01:55 PM

27,159 posts, read 17,491,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
The federal income tax is not concerned with where you live....

In a way they are. Since state income tax and local property taxes are deductable (if you itemize), people in an area with higher state and local taxes pay less in federal income tax. This in turn shifts the federal income tax burden to those in lower tax locations.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:05 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,422,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
People are amazing and generally I dont understand what is wrong with you people.
Ask this... should you be paying INCOME TAXES AT ALL. You have it within your power to run for congress and elect those who think like you.
The working people are paying taxes to WORK!!!! WHY?!? are you stupid and why would we accept this law. We congress created it, IT CAN BE REMOVED and i see no reason considering the current government situtation that you should accept paying their bills and the interest on the debt.
your federal income tax doesnt no pay for police, fire, roads etc and all of it is a LIE to make you feel like you are paying for something you are USING or the country needs.
The things you need are mostly from local and state taxes and the rest comes form other sources not the FEDERAL INCOME TAX. medicae, ss etc are a SEPERATE TAX look at your paycheck people.
Stop excepting what they tell you it is a LIE, nothing more then the same propoganda to guilt you into paying to WORK.
The banks get bailed out, government has speical deals, the fed (with is banks) print money and your income pays the DEBT on the money government borrows to run your lives into the ground.
The only wealth and power government has is from your tax and work (labour)
That is the only thing letting them run your income and they use the guns you buy Them to force it on you via the IRS. that is not freedom it is slavery and stealing from the american worker so you can keep them in power and them rich. If there is a system ever created it was to steal from the individual to give to a government only concerned with its own growth and ignores the people.
I am quite sure that the Founding Fathers intended what you are saying. But anytime you give Man the temptation of acquiring more and more resources, you end up with a corrupt system like ours. This country is as corrupt as any other. We are a Democracy in name only.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:54 PM

38,854 posts, read 20,103,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
NYCHG

did you LOOK for work while you were unemployeed?????

if so, all EXPENSES to LOOK/FIND a job are DEDUCTABLE

just you alone is a 3650 deductable as you are one person in the household (exemptions line 42)

you alone have the standard deduction (either 5700 single, or 8350 head of holdhold)

that's at least 9k that you can take off your adjusted income to get down to your taxable income

did any of your severence go to a retirement/401/501????? if so file a form 8880 as it is a credit towards your tax

even as single, no children if your wages were under 14k you qualify for the EIC

did you BUY things during the year or pay a state income tax....you can deduct that...........did you have any medical expenses......those are duductable too
Job hunting expenses are only deductible if its in the same field you were employed in AND you can only deduct the amount that exceeds 2% of your taxable income.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:57 PM

38,854 posts, read 20,103,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So, what is your complaint? You had income, you pay taxes.

I think everybody should pay something just for the privilege of living in America.
Should someone who receives unemployment be forced to pay out 3K in taxes because not enough was withheld due to multiple employers? I paid but that amount is more than what I get in unemployment each month. Had to charge it and thus, my debt is increased.

It irks me to no end how folks are so flippant about the subject of taxes while others are seriously hurting just to meet their tax burden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies