Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 12:17 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times

Advertisements

I wonder if they could be a sub section of "Stormfront"? They seem to be interested in "white rights" as if they were different from any other rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 12:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It really doesn't make sense to have a 'caucasian' Sheriff's Association because most Sheriff's are in fact white (I'm assuming...based on my experience). Does that make any sense?
But what if the whites are truly a minority? If they're not a minority today, they certainly will be in the future, especially in Houston.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:20 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,865,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I wonder if they could be a sub section of "Stormfront"? They seem to be interested in "white rights" as if they were different from any other rights.
You did not read the article, so what made you rant off about random stuff?

Old 04-15-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
according to liberals, only whites can be racist, hence why you cannot have white only groups.
Wrong. I'm a liberal. Don't assume that all liberals think alike.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:35 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
This is how I see it.

I belong to an associate that is for Women involved in Aviation. We're a fairly small (but growing!!) percentage of people involved in the aircraft industry, especially in the maintenance divisions. Since I rarely come across another woman who is involved in Aviation Maintenance, a group like the above would make it easier. Then, I can talk to other women who are interested in the same things I am. Men could have a specific group for themselves....but why bother? At my airport there are 2 females in maintenance. Myself and a helicopter tech. That's it. As for men, I'm currently looking directly at 9. Percentage wise, there are less than 5% of women in non pilot aviation jobs. So, it makes sense to have a group to bring us all together.

So, would it make sense for the men to get together and create a group where pretty much everyone would be invited except for a few? It kind of reminds me of starting 'clubs' when we were kids, only to create ridiculous rules that were specifically made to keep 1 or 2 people out because we didn't 'like them'.

It really doesn't make sense to have a 'caucasian' Sheriff's Association because most Sheriff's are in fact white (I'm assuming...based on my experience). Does that make any sense?
My question to you is, when there are more women in your field then men, will you disban the organization?

Old 04-15-2010, 12:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
But what if the whites are truly a minority? If they're not a minority today, they certainly will be in the future, especially in Houston.
I never said I agreed nor disagreed with the organization. Actually, I think it's a great idea if they feel the need to organize on that level. I'm kind of curious however, if you're 'allowed' to be a member of that associate if you weren't white. With my Women's aviation association, men are encouraged to join. My boyfriend is a member

Could a black man join the Caucasian Law Enforcement Association? Would they want to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
My question to you is, when there are more women in your field then men, will you disban the organization?
I honestly doubt that will ever happen. But, if it did, I'm sure the association would continue to support women in their aviation endeavours and become more of a support group and teaching tool than anything. I think the teaching part is the most important....many women have the assumption that it's a 'mans' occupation (especially in maintenance) and are honestly afraid to get involved. If it somehow became a 'womans' occupation, I'd be more than happy to support a Men in Aviation association

Would I disban the organization? Probably not.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:48 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,379,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It's this type of thing that makes white people very defensive. The next time you question why white people are pissed, come back to this thread and look at post #2. AUM hits the nail right on the head.
Good point.
I'm white.
Its not my fault.
My parents kidnapped me from Europe when I was still a "swimmer".
Now, will somebody ask the government to pay me reparations.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Could a black man join the Caucasian Law Enforcement Association? Would they want to?
I don't know, but it would also be worth asking: Could a white man join the African American or Mexican American group? Would he want to?

Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,865,432 times
Quote:
I never said I agreed nor disagreed with the organization. Actually, I think it's a great idea if they feel the need to organize on that level. I'm kind of curious however, if you're 'allowed' to be a member of that associate if you weren't white. With my Women's aviation association, men are encouraged to join. My boyfriend is a member

Yes, you are. It is all in the article people.

Quote:
McCool said the group is open to members from any race or ethnicity and from any law enforcement agency in Texas.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Yes, you are. It is all in the article people.
My bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies