U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:24 PM

16,134 posts, read 20,767,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That's scary, even though you're wrong. We the People are provided the freedom to form a well regulated malitia.
Try reading the entire Constitution instead of the Fox News version
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

16,936 posts, read 22,206,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The Constitution also provides that the President is the Commander of the Army, Navy and the Militias of the several states.
That would be President Obama
Only, with militias, when called up in case of invasion or such.

20,978 posts, read 16,216,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Regulation is a form of tyranny!
I tend to trust that our founders had it right. Lack of regulation is anarchy. Over regulation is tyranny.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Try reading the entire Constitution instead of the Fox News version
I read two things on an almost daily basis, the Constitution and the Holy Bible.

There is only one version of the constitution. What part do you not understand about the 2nd amendment?

Old 04-14-2010, 07:28 PM

8,955 posts, read 17,646,301 times
The plan spins on to the next level to coalescence of the right wing fringe into a groups that is armed ,dangerous ,and way more than slightly criminal.

All of these groups will express delusions of grandeur that will in the end be their undoing when they convince themselves that either they are the law or they are above it.

What these people forget is that either America is one or America is undone.

They are that rip in the fabric of America that must be repaired by force or they will rend America asunder. The south tried it and failed but they left a residue of just enough hate to fester that a new civil war may happen if the new militias are not quelled by crushing them very quickly.

One can only hope that this trend is not taken lightly...............

Old 04-14-2010, 07:29 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,281,013 times
[quote=alphamale;13744339]I read two things on an almost daily basis, the Constitution and the Holy Bible. QUOTE]
Sure seems like you are the ideal militia member.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 PM

16,936 posts, read 22,206,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
The plan spins on to the next level to coalescence of the right wing fringe into a groups that is armed ,dangerous ,and way more than slightly criminal.

All of these groups will express delusions of grandeur that will in the end be their undoing when they convince themselves that either they are the law or they are above it.

What these people forget is that either America is one or America is undone.

They are that rip in the fabric of America that must be repaired by force or they will rend America asunder. The south tried it and failed but they left a residue of just enough hate to fester that a new civil war may happen if the new militias are not quelled by crushing them very quickly.

One can only hope that this trend is not taken lightly...............
Get a grip. What they're talking about is a state militia a.k.a. a state defense force, not a private militia (though the people have a right to form private militias as well). Several states already have them, such as Alaska, Vermont, Maine...federal law authorizes them and places them entirely under the control of the state except in cases of invasion, etc., when Congress has the power to call them forth, versus the National Guard which is a federal force with limited state control.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:33 PM

[quote=Visvaldis;13744369]
Quote:
I read two things on an almost daily basis, the Constitution and the Holy Bible. QUOTE]
Sure seems like you are the ideal militia member.
Thank you. I believe that I am right. And I'm willing to fight for it. I will not see the America that I know and love be taken down by radical Marxists.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM

16,134 posts, read 20,767,260 times
Quote:
I read two things on an almost daily basis, the Constitution and the Holy Bible.

There is only one version of the constitution. What part do you not understand about the 2nd amendment?
Section 2 Clause 1

Old 04-14-2010, 07:57 PM

289 posts, read 268,487 times
Why don't we just state the applicable, and go from there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article I, Section 8 says
The Congress shall have power....

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article II, Section 2 says

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States;
You may also want to examine the conditions present within the Insurrection Act that necessitate "Service".

Insurrection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies