U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 03:17 PM

16,885 posts, read 12,997,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Aside from the legality of militias.

I am confused about what their end purpose is supposed to be?

1. Is it just to play soldier on the weekends?

2. Is it to prepare for an invasion from Mexico or Canada, or maybe Cuba finally making good on the Evil Red threat is poses?

If the answers are "no" to the first 2 options, the only viable alternative to me seems to be it is to go up someday against the police or the army.

I find that troubling. What is the signal, akin to Paul Revere riding with his lanterns, that my neighbor Joe the Plumber should rush out with his gun into the streets?

who cares? people dont worry about the cops running about with firearms in hand, when cops are not even constitutional. the populace are supposed to be policing themselves, not relying on cops to do their dirty work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 03:21 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,541,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
When I posted this I wondered how well the truth would play here.

Not to well it seems..............
Your idea of the truth , not the truth . By the time you figure it out it will be too late to save us all from having no rights or free speech .

Old 04-18-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I challenge you to provide links, stories or research data that will rebut what I posted in a valid manner. It will be interesting to see what you find that may indeed provide rebuttal of my point of view. But I doubt it. However, you're welcome to try........

Just remember that anarchy is just a heart beat way with an out of control militia or gang of armed angry people.

A dollar and a cup of coffee is worth more than the narrow minded post you left here. Give us some facts............

Is this Obama ? It sure sounds like his arrogance and insane egotisticle rants ? Maybe Pelousi ' no she couldn't be still or sober long enough to write all that out ' ?

"If they bring knives, you bring a gun " . " clinging to their guns and religian " .

ME, I ,ME ,I ,ME , I will bring home our troops, instead he put them on watch list and increased the war .

Old 04-18-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I challenge you to provide links, stories or research data that will rebut what I posted in a valid manner. It will be interesting to see what you find that may indeed provide rebuttal of my point of view. But I doubt it. However, you're welcome to try........

Just remember that anarchy is just a heart beat way with an out of control militia or gang of armed angry people.

A dollar and a cup of coffee is worth more than the narrow minded post you left here. Give us some facts............

no need to provide you with anything, I listed the quotes from our founding fathers on what the militia is actually supposed to be.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:32 PM

14,152 posts, read 11,579,370 times
Quote:
Well now ..Wad,.. you are the emotional one , aren't you...... Sure, I'm a militia member, I am an American rifleman. Militias are independent by definition, and by your frantic name calling and blase' insults, it is obvious that you are merely off on a rant binge, trolling for return insults so you can whine about being insulted.. Laughable, pathetic, yet entertaining. Now, if you will excuse me, we are off to the rifle range. I do love the smell of burning nitrocellulose. It does a fine job of covering up the stench of ignorance wafting from your posts.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:44 PM

16,134 posts, read 20,767,260 times
Klan in Cammo, can't stand the outcome of the election so they think they can parade around with guns and scare everyone..

Old 04-19-2010, 06:28 PM

8,955 posts, read 17,646,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well now ..Wad,.. you are the emotional one , aren't you...... Sure, I'm a militia member, I am an American rifleman. Militias are independent by definition, and by your frantic name calling and blase' insults, it is obvious that you are merely off on a rant binge, trolling for return insults so you can whine about being insulted.. Laughable, pathetic, yet entertaining. Now, if you will excuse me, we are off to the rifle range. I do love the smell of burning nitrocellulose. It does a fine job of covering up the stench of ignorance wafting from your posts.
Stick & stones......

Old 04-19-2010, 11:39 PM

14,152 posts, read 11,579,370 times
Quote:
Stick & stones......
I prefer more modern methods. Truthfully, I don't see what it is your trying to get across. OK, there are some fringe groups out there calling themselves 'militias'. There are also legitimate citizen groups that actually are militias. These are the ones you don't see on CNN running around in pieced together 'uniforms' and thinking that merely being armed means they are prepared. My family and I live in a pretty rural area. Folks herebouts stick together, help each other, and are always prepared. Firearms are just one piece of a large puzzle in this regard, and anti government sentiment, end of the worlditis and racial separatism don't have a THING to do with any of it. Should the need arise, the event of a natural disaster being at the top of the list, there is a pretty fair group of us that can put together a workforce to get through it. Yes, we are all armed, but more importantly, we have food, sources of fresh water, medical supplies, fuel stores, people with actual medical knowledge, means of communication, emergency shelter, sanitary supplies etc. Call this an 'independent militia' if you will, we call it a 'protective association'. Hardly a band of would be rebels without a clue, and we don't run around the desert training for armageddon either. It's just a practical alliance of neighbors and friends who, if we need to, can get through a bad situation, which we have had to do, once because of a flood, twice because of fires, and once because of some scumbags who, in the name of the environment, were blowing s*** up and shooting cattle. The FBI and BLM rangers gave us a hand with that ...little problem, and they had zero issue with us putting out guards, on horseback, till they caught the rodents. Lucky for them it was the Feds who caught them in the end. If this is a contemptable thing to you, so be it, but, this is what I consider an 'independent militia'. So, you will have to forgive me if I am a tad defensive about your generalized viewpoint. Such things, properly organized and realistically structured, have their place.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
All of the federal programs you noted are intended to focus on keeping the peace by suppressing any attempt at insurrection and/or a collapse in to anarchy. State militias are good in that they are state gov't controlled to do state emergency bidding. They are necessary for national civil security like it or not.

The cockroaches that make up the independent militias operate outside of law at all times.

Sr cockroach wants his own million man army ,probably look like the milllion man march only with lots of amnesty recipiants in the mix . Why , what makes him think he will be in there for more than 8 yr.s ?

Another un-answered question .

Old 04-20-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Sr cockroach wants his own million man army ,probably look like the milllion man march only with lots of amnesty recipiants in the mix . Why , what makes him think he will be in there for more than 8 yr.s ?

Another un-answered question .

4 years, but I expect our current dictator will order martial law before he gets froced out of office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies