Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Rather than rant about me being wrong, why not just tell HOW I'm wrong?
I not only told you HOW you were wrong, but I also explained it in in a detailed manner..

Quote:
And you damn well know that a Lambo isn't what Jefferson had it mind.
Ok, so he had a horse and buggy in mind.. Where do I get one of those? All you did was dispute your own argument because "happiness" is subjective..
Quote:
Conservatives are such a waste of time talking to. Conservtives every chance curtail rights to happiness. You and I know that. Only when it's convenient for your causes. I have an odd feeling you don't know the history behind any of those documents.
I have an odd feeling that no only do you not know the history behind them, but you dont know them AT ALL..

You quote the Declaration of Independence, while saying you are quoting the Constitution, while saying the government is there to make people happy when NOT ONE document says such a think, nor does any historical part of them.

The constitution LIMITS what the government can do, it DOES NOT say what the government can do. If you think I'm wrong, find one thing in the constitution which obligates the federal government to act for YOU as the citizen..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 02:55 PM

23,667 posts, read 23,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Ummm...... no, sorry. You guys embraced the crazy, now it's all yours. Enjoy!
Ummm...... no, sorry. You guys made the mistake of choosing to crash the Tea Parties, now deal with it.

Hello Party Crashers! • Index page (http://www.teapartycrashers.org/index.php - broken link)

Old 04-15-2010, 03:08 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont need to be there to understand that the state is established as a Republic.
What the are you talking about?

State and Local Government on the Net. US Government websites.

http://www.colorado.gov/

I think you're referring to California.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-16-2010 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: language

Old 04-15-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Doesn't it make you mad that the left winger lying news makes you look foolish repeating their lies? This is the result when the news media lies like the low-life dogs they are..
I'm not the one repeating MSNBC's "unofficial" count.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What the h*** are you talking about?

State and Local Government on the Net. US Government websites.

Colorado.gov: The Official State Web Portal

I think you're referring to California.
Obviously you also dont know what you are talking about either

76. Republican Form Of Government Defined

The federal Constitution provides that "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a republican form of government, and protect each of them against invasion; and, on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot he convened) against domestic violence."1

The states as well as the federal governments are ALL Representative Republics..

Old 04-15-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:

The federal Constitution provides that "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a republican form of government, and protect each of them against invasion; and, on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot he convened) against domestic violence."1

The states as well as the federal governments are ALL Representative Republics..
Colorado was never set up as a separate Republic, independent of the US.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:33 PM

18,927 posts, read 14,115,131 times
Quote:

REPUBLIC - A commonwealth; That form of government in which the administration of affairs is open to all the citizens. In another sense, it signifies the state, independent of its form of government.
Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 1302

A republic is not synonymous with a republican form of government. The People's Republic of China is a republic but not a republican form.

GOVERNMENT (Republican Form of Government)- One in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the people, either directly, or through representatives chosen by the people, to whom those powers are specially delegated.
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 695

Old 04-15-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Colorado was never set up as a separate Republic, independent of the US.
Colorado established their Representative form of government August 1, 1876, which still exists today.

All states hold seperate forms of republic governments from the government.. If they didnt, there wouldnt be 50 different states..

Old 04-15-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
REPUBLIC - A commonwealth; That form of government in which the administration of affairs is open to all the citizens. In another sense, it signifies the state, independent of its form of government.
Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 1302

A republic is not synonymous with a republican form of government. The People's Republic of China is a republic but not a republican form.

GOVERNMENT (Republican Form of Government)- One in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the people, either directly, or through representatives chosen by the people, to whom those powers are specially delegated.
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 695
Definition of Republic define republic - Bing DICTIONARY
  1. political system with elected representatives: a political system or form of government in which people elect representatives to exercise power for them
  2. state with elected representatives: a country or other political unit whose government or political system is that of a republic
  3. unit within larger country: a constituent political and territorial unit of a national federation or union
  4. group with collective interests: a group of people who are considered to be equals and who have a collective interest, objective, or vocation ( formal )
1) The political system of Colorado is indeed elected right? or are they a communist state?
2) The state has elected representation does it not? They take part in the electorial college for example, or are they exempt from electing the president?
3) They are a unit within the USA are they not?
4) Everyone in Colorado is considered equals are they not? I dont believe they still have slavery for example..

They are a representative republic just like every state in the nation is..

Your Peoples Republic of China actually supports my argument, that just because a government is called something, doesnt make it so.. Go back a few postings where I stated this very clearly..

Old 04-15-2010, 08:31 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,075,581 times
Quote:
I'm not the one repeating MSNBC's "unofficial" count.

Gee I went back and checked and it clearly looks like you started this thread linking to the lame stream story. You must have believed them.

My piont was that it must be very embarressing to have believed the lame stream liberal news. So many have posted warning after warning that most anything from the liberal news is all lies.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-16-2010 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: insinuating that another member is lying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies