U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 12:53 PM

4,060 posts, read 3,428,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Bull dung, as usual from the extreme right, the quote is taken of context. You anti-Americans should be ashamed of yourselves.
Q Thank you, Mr. President. Good afternoon. Given the progress you have cited in recent days on your foreign policy agenda, to what extent do you feel like you have gained political capital with which to take further to the international stage for the rest of this year, to perhaps rejuvenate some initiatives in trouble spots such as the Middle East and elsewhere?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I think the work that we've done in recent days around nuclear security and nuclear disarmament are intrinsically good. They're good just in and of themselves. And so we're very pleased with the progress that we've made. And we could not have done this without extraordinary cooperation first from President Medvedev when it came to the START treaty, and then from my colleagues who were here today when it came to this Nuclear Security Summit.

What I think it signifies is the fact that so many of the challenges that we face internationally can't be solved by one nation alone. But I do think that America's leadership is important in order to get issues on the international agenda and to move in concert with other countries to have an effective response.

There are a host of other issues, obviously, that have to be addressed and one of the points that was made actually during the communiqué is we're talking here about the instruments of potential war or terrorism, but obviously there are also the reasons, the rationales, the excuses for conflict, that have to be addressed as well.

And I remain committed to being a partner with countries around the world, and in particular hot spots around the world, to see if we can reduce those tensions and ultimately resolve those conflicts. And the Middle East would be a prime example. I think that the need for peace between Israelis and Palestinians and the Arab states remains as critical as ever.

It is a very hard thing to do. And I know that even if we are applying all of our political capital to that issue, the Israeli people through their government, and the Palestinian people through the Palestinian Authority, as well as other Arab states, may say to themselves, we are not prepared to resolve this -- these issues -- no matter how much pressure the United States brings to bear.

And the truth is, in some of these conflicts the United States can't impose solutions unless the participants in these conflicts are willing to break out of old patterns of antagonism. I think it was former Secretary of State Jim Baker who said, in the context of Middle East peace, we can't want it more than they do.

But what we can make sure of is, is that we are constantly present, constantly engaged, and setting out very clearly to both sides our belief that not only is it in the interests of each party to resolve these conflicts but it's also in the interest of the United States. It is a vital national security interest of the United States to reduce these conflicts because whether we like it or not, we remain a dominant military superpower, and when conflicts break out, one way or another we get pulled into them. And that ends up costing us significantly in terms of both blood and treasure.

So I'm going to keep on at it. But I think on all these issues -- nuclear disarmament, nuclear proliferation, Middle East peace -- progress is going to be measured not in days, not in weeks. It's going to take time. And progress will be halting. And sometimes we'll take one step forward and two steps back, and there will be frustrations. And so it's not going to run on the typical cable news 24/7 news cycle. But if we're persistent, and we've got the right approach, then over time, I think that we can make progress.

All right? Thank you very much, everybody.
Thank you so much for making it so simple that even these "citizens" who claim to know what the hell they are talking about and once again attempting to smear the President get shown for what they are, LIARS!!

It get disheartening that grown people will cast their common sense and integrity to the winds in order to make a point that they fully know doesn't exist.

And people wonder why the Tea Partiers and other assorted weirdos are viewed with disdain!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Really?

In that case, he really dropped the ball by not mentioning that during the State of the Union address or any of the debates.

When and where did he ever say he was "ashamed of his country"?

If you can find ONE example, I will send you a $100 gift certificate to the restaurant of your choice.
Not only that, Michelle never said that either!!!...my the things people can pick up at the Klavern...uhhm I mean Tea Party.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,099,452 times
Default Obama apology tour = ashamed of country

President Barack Obama: America has been 'arrogant and dismissive' towards Europe - Telegraph

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/04/obama-bashes-bush-in-france-apologizes-for-liberating-iraq/ - broken link)

YouTube - "Obama is Addressing the Arab World and Apologizing"

for just a few.....google more yourselves

Old 04-15-2010, 12:58 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,099,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Not only that, Michelle never said that either!!!...my the things people can pick up at the Klavern...uhhm I mean Tea Party.
When she said "For the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country" during the campaign indicates that she has previously through her entire adult life been ashamed of it does it not?

Old 04-15-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Can you please stop posting edited videos, some people have a low tolerance for lies!!

Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 PM
JPD

12,159 posts, read 15,024,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Will that come along with the Unicorn that farts gold fairy dust that Obama promised too? I've been waiting on that one since election night.
No, but I will up the ante.

$100 gift certificate to ANY store or restaurant of YOUR choosing for EACH AND EVERY EXAMPLE you can give me of Obama saying he is ashamed of his country.

If you're right and I'm wrong, you could literally make $1,000s.

This should be very easy for you since he "never misses an opportunity to tell the american people he's ashamed of his country."

Right?

Old 04-15-2010, 01:04 PM
JPD

Quote:
President Barack Obama: America has been 'arrogant and dismissive' towards Europe - Telegraph

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/04/obama-bashes-bush-in-france-apologizes-for-liberating-iraq/ - broken link)

YouTube - "Obama is Addressing the Arab World and Apologizing"

for just a few.....google more yourselves
In none of those examples does Obama say he's ashamed of his country. Far from it, in fact.

Try again.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:05 PM
JPD

Quote:
When she said "For the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country" during the campaign indicates that she has previously through her entire adult life been ashamed of it does it not?
Only if you see the world in black and white.

Reality is more nuanced than that, though.

Perhaps you should calibrate your nuance detector.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:05 PM

10,691 posts, read 11,662,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I think many of you are just ashamed to have a black President. There I said it.

Wow! THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG DID IT?? (shakes head)

Old 04-15-2010, 01:17 PM

10,691 posts, read 11,662,851 times
I think this guy has spent his entire life fighting against "power" and authority. Power is evil....power oppresses!! All of his maxists and communist mentors drummed this into his head! Power oppresses! So he becomes a community organizer to help folks fight THE POWERS! He never thinks that "POWER LIBERATES", POWER DEFENDS AND PROTECTS" or "POWER REBUILDS". He just thinks our power is something to be ashamed of.

But now....HE IS THE POWER! He's everything that he's been taught to hate! And he is uncomfortable with it! You can tell when he up there jittery and stumbling and apologizing for our might. He doesn't like America being number 1! He would be happy if we were equal with Cameroon! He certainly acts like we are!

Take America out of world history of the last 20th century and what do you have?? That's a scary prospect. He doesn't like this country as it is! That's why he's trying to change it.

Last edited by citizenkane2; 04-15-2010 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies