Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 01:01 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I suppose collecting from you auto insurance due to an accident, is welfare also.
Some people just refuse to admit when they are wrong, even when their face is rubbed in the truth.

Most are liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 06:33 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,863,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippydippyman View Post
I love how people try to convince others that the economy is on the up swing when people continue to lose their jobs and their homes.
I know. My hometown was reliable on manufacturing and those jobs are NOT coming back. The manufacturing jobs in my hometown left for Mexico a while back. Due to Obamacare, the last two manufacturing companies left are talking about moving to China to avoid Obama's ridiculous taxes. Soon there will be nothing left of my hometown except for low paying service jobs.

All you have to do is look around to figure out that the manufacturing jobs are not coming back. When is the last time you were able to buy clothes that had the Made in U.S.A label? Or buy electronics with the Made in U.S.A label? Or a new kitchen appliance?

I am even starting to see food that says imported from _______.

I am currently in Phoenix. It seems like I see new foreclosures everyday. One of the local economists has already said that the foreclosure programs aren't working. I hear about this on our local news all the time.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:36 PM

383 posts, read 641,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Unemployment is 4.5% where I live, 7.5 in the County, what will you do if he doesn't fail?
For the second time we live in Sierra Vista, with a large Army base, that has at least two of the worlds largest Defense contractors. Our town is a service town. Have you been to the mall lately...apparently not. If it wasn't for those Defense contractors and the base, this place would dry up and blow away.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:20 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I know. My hometown was reliable on manufacturing and those jobs are NOT coming back. The manufacturing jobs in my hometown left for Mexico a while back. Due to Obamacare, the last two manufacturing companies left are talking about moving to China to avoid Obama's ridiculous taxes. Soon there will be nothing left of my hometown except for low paying service jobs.

All you have to do is look around to figure out that the manufacturing jobs are not coming back. When is the last time you were able to buy clothes that had the Made in U.S.A label? Or buy electronics with the Made in U.S.A label? Or a new kitchen appliance?

I am even starting to see food that says imported from _______.

I am currently in Phoenix. It seems like I see new foreclosures everyday. One of the local economists has already said that the foreclosure programs aren't working. I hear about this on our local news all the time.
Things will have to change in order to get growth in manufactoring jobs and those changes aren't going to be pretty.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:42 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
Things will have to change in order to get growth in manufactoring jobs and those changes aren't going to be pretty.
Real signifacant growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies