Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,145,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
And you didn't "notice" this spending during the 8 years of the previous administration? Just finally figured it out since Jan. 20, 2009?

you probably would do well to get a grip before that "anger" creates serious violence in this country. think about VOTING to change the government, and not focusing on ONE PERSON or a large, undefined group, such as "liberals" as the beneficiaries of your group anger. Remember, when you name call, you dehumanize and you make "the other" an enemy. That sort of thing opens the door to all kinds of horrific actions.
Name calling seems to be a favorite of the left. I am called a racist all the time because I didn't vote for The Man and don't support his administration. I have been called a birther for wanting him to release any records that can prove his qualification as President. I am called all kinds of names and almost every time for crossing the progressive track with words other than praise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
And you didn't "notice" this spending during the 8 years of the previous administration? Just finally figured it out since Jan. 20, 2009?

you probably would do well to get a grip before that "anger" creates serious violence in this country. think about VOTING to change the government, and not focusing on ONE PERSON or a large, undefined group, such as "liberals" as the beneficiaries of your group anger. Remember, when you name call, you dehumanize and you make "the other" an enemy. That sort of thing opens the door to all kinds of horrific actions.
I forgot to mention that the spending of the previous administration wasn't much more in 8 years than the present one has spent or promised to spend in less than 1 1/2 years. Why can't you people understand that 8 and 1 1/4 just aren't like periods?

Old 04-15-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
And you would have had to have been living under a rock for the past year or so to NOT realize that the people who gather at these "rallies" certainly give the appearance of being very angry, to the point of fury, with some of them.
Fury is not what I see from them. In fact, the signs at Boston seemed to be much less objectionable than some before. Maybe all those who objected to the meeting were at the anti-Tea Party rally and all the misspelled signs were there this time.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:16 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,421,578 times

YouTube - PJTV : When Right Wing Hate Mobs Attack!

When Right Wing Hate Mobs Attack!

Old 04-15-2010, 03:18 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,421,578 times

YouTube - Andrew Klavan: We Report, You Obey - The MSM's Dirty Tea Party Fetish

Dirty Tea Party

Old 04-15-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I guess wanting congress bailing out companies, banks and getting taxed on top of it is just a normal thing nobody should be upset about. Not only did they do it once they did it twice. Some of the money disappeared and most of it bailed out friends.
I see no reason for the american people white, black, asian etc to be mad about that right. But after all we know what this is about and its to discredit a movement and anything that doesnt involve liberalism or big government is considered fringe.
Just like someone else I knew who wanted to limit government and end a war they called fringe.
Not only do THEY want to discredit the movement because THEY fear it it seems that some of THEM are starting to tell us that standing up for the Constitution could easily get us in trouble. i was threatened like that today right here at C-D this morning.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:27 PM

533 posts, read 316,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Not only do THEY want to discredit the movement because THEY fear it it seems that some of THEM are starting to tell us that standing up for the Constitution could easily get us in trouble. i was threatened like that today right here at C-D this morning.
It's MISUNDERSTANDING the Constitution that is going to get some people in trouble, like, for example, the "Patriots" who wanted to start a militia in Oklahoma to defend against the fed. govt. Those "partiots" backed off really fast, didn't they?

Old 04-15-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Fury is not what I see from them. In fact, the signs at Boston seemed to be much less objectionable than some before. Maybe all those who objected to the meeting were at the anti-Tea Party rally and all the misspelled signs were there this time.
so your standard is "much less objectionalbe".....LOL The teaparty is now "much less objectionable" which means they're still objectionalbe but not as much as "before."

Old 04-15-2010, 03:30 PM

4,066 posts, read 2,258,338 times
Quote:
so, you get what you put out there. teaparty folks go to "rallies" carrying all sorts of crazy and "confused" signs about President Obama, and you expect anyone other than FOX to ignore that?

how bout the teaparty lawsuits in florida? Yeah, that's real impressive. the teaparties are fighting each other. I don't think the "teaparties" are "evil" as you stated. They're seem to be just a confused bunch with a lot of free-floating anger.
And you don't think any of those crazies could be plants from the other side? There are websites dedicated to crashing these parties.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I forgot to mention that the spending of the previous administration wasn't much more in 8 years than the present one has spent or promised to spend in less than 1 1/2 years. Why can't you people understand that 8 and 1 1/4 just aren't like periods?
the REASON for the spending happened under that previous administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies