U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 10:35 PM

8,309 posts, read 34,412,964 times

Advertisements

It seems to me that if 83 out of 100 companies are seeking tax havens that it should be an excellent indicator that TAXES ARE TOO HIGH. We should be testing tax reductions to see what tax rate makes the United States competitive with Caribbean tax havens.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:46 PM

2,800 posts, read 1,770,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Why would anyone want to STEAL money from the rich people.

The answer is getting the 47% of those who use our roads, bridges, schools and infrastructure for free without paying a dime.

It is not right for middle class, lower class income people to not pay into the tax base. It is stealing and we need to put a stop to it.

Why steal from a successful persona and hand it to someone who wont get out of bed in the morning?

No one owes YOU a dime, you EARN what you want and need.

People need to stop trying to steal from successful people, get a job or two or three or learn a trade or a skill that will make you successful.

Stealing is not good for you.

I need to come up with 10 ways we can get the stinking lazy butts to finally pay their fair share in America instead of freeloading of the rest of us.
Why do you not show how CEO's salaries have gone up but employees have not? That means the CEO's are actually stealing from their employees. There are not enough jobs for people to get two jobs and a trade or skills cost money and time something some people do not have. Its amazing how people will defend the rich at any cost I guess they gotta defend their two gods money and rich people.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:02 AM

48,516 posts, read 83,955,483 times
Its all part of the value of skills people are willig to pay for.Now days many skilled workers of the past are out moded by automation alone.To make middle class income requires much different non-company trained skills compared to the past because they require a basis to start higher than basic education. Then of course our schools are failing to provide enough with prior learning to advance often.Things such a just in time production to be profitable means more people with logistic skills than basic assembly.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:47 PM

47,573 posts, read 60,651,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Why do you not show how CEO's salaries have gone up but employees have not? That means the CEO's are actually stealing from their employees. There are not enough jobs for people to get two jobs and a trade or skills cost money and time something some people do not have. Its amazing how people will defend the rich at any cost I guess they gotta defend their two gods money and rich people.
Is Oprah sitting on her $3 billion fortune stealing from us? Are the filthy rich Hollywood bimbo celebrities stealing from us? I don't think the super rich affect us all that much.

The only problem I see is the huge surplus of labor --- anyone in the world can compete with us for jobs which means wages are driven down. It's all about the law of supply and demand, when labor supplies are limited, wages go up as employers compete for labor, but when labor supplies are very plentiful, wages are driven down.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:02 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,145,649 times
I cannot understand how anyone can actually think people who have money should hand some of it over to them, just because they exist. They gripe gripe gripe instead of trying to do something productive.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:47 PM

4,800 posts, read 10,581,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I cannot understand how anyone can actually think people who have money should hand some of it over to them, just because they exist. They gripe gripe gripe instead of trying to do something productive.
I think the attitude comes from generations of a entitlement society that has changed the expectations of many Americans. America has gone from a country where the poor were once too proud to take charity, or if they did, felt the need to pay it back to a country where the poor think they are entitled to other people's money with no strings attached.
The government has gone well beyond helping the truly needy to conditioning most people to be dependent whether they are needy or not.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:18 PM

2,800 posts, read 1,770,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I think the attitude comes from generations of a entitlement society that has changed the expectations of many Americans. America has gone from a country where the poor were once too proud to take charity, or if they did, felt the need to pay it back to a country where the poor think they are entitled to other people's money with no strings attached.
The government has gone well beyond helping the truly needy to conditioning most people to be dependent whether they are needy or not.
Poor would not have to take part of charity if business owners did not feel entitled to keep more of the money instead of giving it to their employees who help make all that money in the first place. If people were paid a living wage charity would not be needed in the first place

Old 10-20-2013, 08:29 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,281,369 times
Well, one thing that would not work would be to declare open season on the stinking rich. People who tote guns also seem to be the ones who think the wealth properly belongs to whomever can grab the most of it without conspicuously committing any violent crimes.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:01 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,145,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Well, one thing that would not work would be to declare open season on the stinking rich. People who tote guns also seem to be the ones who think the wealth properly belongs to whomever can grab the most of it without conspicuously committing any violent crimes.
So, you promote killing the rich... And you presume to know what gun owner's think? In all your opinions, I missed that you can read minds. Wow! And you even credit them with committing violent crimes which they've kept hidden. Amazing.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:33 AM

15,740 posts, read 26,780,942 times
I just read the article by Zach Carter. Noticed that he failed to include any references to back up his words. He also failed to show how much tax that the wealthy pay. Are they not giving their fair share now? It is the little guy that pays no taxes and has all the benefits. What this nation of ours does is reward those that do nothing and take from those that are successfull. We have in place now a system that redistributes wealth and it has not helped end poverty yet.

We will get a larger handle on poverty when the Government gets out of the business and allows people to make it on their own. I say stop handing out food and housing and start teaching people that they can make it on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or