Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2013, 01:01 PM

347 posts, read 491,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Well, if we can only cut the annual deficit by $40 billion, why bother, eh?

Which solar company got $90 Billion from Obama? Are you referring to Solyndra, which was given $529 million under a DOE loan program started by the Bush administration? $26 billion total was allocated under the program for all investments, with $10 billion set aside to cover expected losses. Solyndra barely made a dent in that $10 billion which was wholly expected, given the nature of jumpstarting "innovative technologies". Private investors lost over a billion. It is the way these things work. Did Obama force all those private investors to give Solyndra money too? You never know when cutting edge research will be undermined by unforeseen events. Maybe we should stop all research grants too, after all some of them may fail and become politically unpleasant.

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good story though.

Speaking of facts, where you getting that $12 trillion from? National debt? It is much more than that. You planning to pay off all the debt ever accumulated in a single year? It seems like you're a bit unclear on the numbers. No one with any real knowledge is suggesting that the entire debt can be paid off with additional taxes in a single year. It is going to take a combination of growth, revenues, entitlement changes, defense cuts, cuts in discretionary spending... Things neither party seems prepared to accomplish, as it would require compromise.

Layoffs, cost cutting, penny pinching and outsourcing all began long before Obama, despite large tax cuts beginning in 2001. You may have also forgotten that those tax cuts were extended by Obama. Try to not let all that partisanship completely cloud your vision.

Yes as a concerned US citizen, things get confusing, let me correct and post from the National Debt Clock:
The Outstanding Public Debt as of 24 Oct 2013 at 06:59:17 PM GMT is:

The estimated population of the United States is 316,909,273
so each citizen's share of this debt is $53,907.14. The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$2.62 billion per day since September 30, 2012!

$17,083,671,048,177.38.

In recent weeks the president has mentioned that the debt has been cut in half these last several months, maybe I am misquoting on that also. Yet the Debt Clock reads $17 trillion.

Last edited by jerseyexpat; 10-24-2013 at 01:10 PM..

Old 10-24-2013, 01:06 PM

347 posts, read 491,635 times
Frightening thing was in 2008 I had a problem with my computer at work. My company's tech computer help center was in INDIA. They controlled my computer at my CUBICLE from INDIA.

Since then People have been losing jobs at an ACCELERATED rate, it's been picking up steam, with no sign of said lost jobs returning in near future. All those with jobs see nothing wrong.

Why are we losing jobs to foreign countries? Who is to blame? I really am concerned.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:10 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
Frightening thing was in 2008 I had a problem with my computer at work. My company's tech computer help center was in INDIA. They controlled my computer at my CUBICLE from INDIA.

Since then People have been losing jobs at an ACCELERATED rate, it's been picking up steam, with no sign of said lost jobs returning in near future. All those with jobs see nothing wrong.

Why are we losing jobs to foreign countries? Who is to blame? I really am concerned.
We are 100% to blame.

College students study an average of 15 hours/week today, compared to 24 hours per week 50 years ago. Students spend an average of 15 hours/week in class, meaning they only spend 30 hours/week learning while in college. The average american spends 34 hours/week watching TV. When a person is watching TV more than studying, they will absolutely have a decent chance of failing. We spend 6x more of our take home income on entertainment today than we did in 1950. A quarter of adult americans didn't read a single book last year. No wonder we can't compete.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:30 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,681,949 times
Instead of trying to penalize those who succeed, why don't you just stop complaining and better your own situation?

It's called hard work and good choices people.

Funniest things are that those kids I knew in high school who'd lolly gag through classes end up with meager jobs and are the first to complain about social inequality. Yo dude... When I was studying in high school, you were acting like a jacka$$. Now you want me to pay more taxes because you think life's unfair?

Old 10-24-2013, 05:35 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
Well said!! I am SOOOOOO sick of all the losers who sit here and complain that everyone else has all the money and whine that somehow they are entitled to chunks of it for themselves. Please people, SHUT UP! Do you even realize how pathetic you sound? Do you even realize how embarrassed you should be of your own words and the complete and utter lack of dignity that they display? You people want some money? Quit trying to find ways to take others peoples money, grow up, get off the couch and get out there and EARN SOME for yourself!
For me, it's Facebook. Always posting left wing crap about the poor and how Republicans don't care about the poor people, only about the big corporations. And how tired they are of the stupid people believing what the conservatives tell them. Oh really? I think the stupid people are the people listening to Obama/liberals. And you know who the ones are posting these things on Facebook? The people getting subsidized housing, welfare checks and food stamps. But they have computers to get on Facebook and all day to post.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:29 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,743,844 times
Here is what bugs me about liberals.

They always like to blast Christians by saying we don't care.
They say Christians are all talk....no walk when it comes to charity.

This was going on and on at a newspaper internet site in central MN .
I had enough of their bashing and pointed out that a small church near me had a collection for the Alabama tornado victims ( Tuscaloosa tornado a few years ago ) and collected $1200

Did the liberal posters acknowledge that they painted with too broad a brush in claiming Christians do not help ?

NO !

They twisted it and accused me of bragging.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:32 PM

By the way......................a former mayor was one of the busiest posters. Always supporting govt taxes and charity.

UNTIL a poster pointed out that the liberal mayor who favored more got taxing had his name on the delinquent tax list for failure to pay his real estate taxes that go to support schools, police, fire.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:30 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,167,439 times
what are you talking about- i disagree with a lot of liberal thinking but I don't hear them ranting and raving about Christians and even if they did what does one group raising 1200 dollars have to do with anything.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
what are you talking about- i disagree with a lot of liberal thinking but I don't hear them ranting and raving about Christians and even if they did what does one group raising 1200 dollars have to do with anything.

liberals constantly claim Christians are only concerned about a baby while it is in the womb.
liberals constantly proclaim that govt charity is needed because private charity is nearly non0existant.

If you have never heard that, you must be from a different planet !

Old 10-25-2013, 12:13 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Everything I said, in very clear and plain English, is exactly and diametrically the opposite of what you say I said.

All I did was to describe a "Way to Force the Stinking Rich to Share Their Wealth" and then explained why it would not work. I promoted nothing, I read no minds, I accused nobody of a violent crime, not even "them", whomever that may be in your irrelevant incomprehensible random-fire reply.
You are slick, jtur. but not THAT slick. Apparently, I did err regarding what you wrote about killing the rich, but, the rest of your outlandish post I read it exactly as it is written:

"... People who tote guns also seem to be the ones who think the wealth properly belongs to whomever can grab the most of it without conspicuously committing any violent crimes."

You state what the gun toters seem to think (which is not true.) You have no idea what other people think. Is the word "seem" supposed to be your excuse? When a supposedly intelligent person is jealous of the rich.... what a shame. Bless your heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies