U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 06:07 AM

4,103 posts, read 4,271,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid dave View Post
WHAT ABOUT WORK DISPARITY?

mysticaltyger
I think we need to start a thread:

10 Ways to force the stinking poor to get into the prosperity mindset. Some suggestions:

1. Don't have kids when you're a teen.
2. Don't have kids out of wedlock.
3. Don't have kids if you can't afford them.
4. Use birth control. Every time.
5. Spend time in school and actually take the time to study and learn stuff that's useful to the work world.
6. Save a portion of everything you earn from your very first paycheck.
7. Invest a portion of every paycheck in a mutual fund. Don't know what a mutual fund is? Look it up. That's why there's Google.
8. Don't blow money on any of the following: cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, tattoos.
9. Learn to cook cheap meals for yourself that are made from REAL ingredients: beans, lentils, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, couscous, vegetables, fruits. Cooking real food doesn't have to be expensive. Keep meat consumption to a minimum.
10. Graduate from high school. Get decent paying employment. Then marry (if you so choose). Then have kids (if you so choose). In that order. Avoid divorce like the plague, especially if kids are involved.
I really dont appreciate you using common sense. Who are you to want Americans to better themselves. Do you think people should WORK hard and live smart.....doesnt sound very Murican to me...

Old 01-16-2014, 10:08 AM

655 posts, read 790,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
I really dont appreciate you using common sense. Who are you to want Americans to better themselves. Do you think people should WORK hard and live smart.....doesnt sound very Murican to me...
My God, why are the two of you assuming that everyone who is poor is a drug-addicted bum who didn't graduate high school? Whether you know it or not, you're making a lot of assumptions. You're making a blanket statement that's utterly false, and this demonstrates ignorance. Most people I know who are struggling don't fit your description, not at all. Just because many people weren't quite as lucky as you in terms of financial success doesn't give you the right to say blatantly false things about them, to attack their character, to imply that you're better than they are. My, how judgmental some people are! Many people could use a lesson in empathy, in compassion.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:34 AM

44,689 posts, read 36,118,702 times

Aint We Got Fun-Doris Day - YouTube

Old 01-18-2014, 08:49 PM

1,027 posts, read 387,031 times
Why should the rich share their wealth?

Old 01-18-2014, 08:52 PM

55,647 posts, read 74,585,953 times
when people stop working stop trying and expect to be fed by others, then they eye ball my stuff and say, lets share.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:14 AM

5,842 posts, read 8,600,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Why should the rich share their wealth?

If people spent half as much time and energy producing something for themselves, rather than trying to get hold of the fruits of other people's labor, we'd all be much better off.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:15 AM

5,842 posts, read 8,600,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think we need to start a thread:

10 Ways to force the stinking poor to get into the prosperity mindset. Some suggestions:

1. Don't have kids when you're a teen.
2. Don't have kids out of wedlock.
3. Don't have kids if you can't afford them.
4. Use birth control. Every time.
5. Spend time in school and actually take the time to study and learn stuff that's useful to the work world.
6. Save a portion of everything you earn from your very first paycheck.
7. Invest a portion of every paycheck in a mutual fund. Don't know what a mutual fund is? Look it up. That's why there's Google.
8. Don't blow money on any of the following: cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, tattoos.
9. Learn to cook cheap meals for yourself that are made from REAL ingredients: beans, lentils, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, couscous, vegetables, fruits. Cooking real food doesn't have to be expensive. Keep meat consumption to a minimum.
10. Graduate from high school. Get decent paying employment. Then marry (if you so choose). Then have kids (if you so choose). In that order. Avoid divorce like the plague, especially if kids are involved.
Yes, yes, yes.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:19 AM

71,490 posts, read 71,652,652 times
it won't let me rep you anymore mystical but i think everyone who had a financially productive life from little agrees 100% with you.
in fact i may copy your thread,steal it like i do the thoughts and ideas i post and save myself the job of compiling the list.

in fact done, i just did that...

don't be surprised to see it in other forums. i will give you credit though ha ha ha

Last edited by mathjak107; 01-19-2014 at 08:27 AM..

Old 01-19-2014, 11:15 AM

175 posts, read 328,863 times
I am only 46 years old did not finish high school because of reasons of not having a good home to provide what was needed for a normal life.
I figured out at 16 years old if I wanted to have a better life I had to go out and work for it.
I am far from rich but I raised 4 kids 3 of which were from my ex wife's first marriage.
I have been building cabinets since I was 18. I found a rewarding career for me and have always been able to provide a good life for myself and family. I did go get my ged about 12 years ago.
Life is what you make of it on your own.
I have no respect for any one who thinks the rich or the government owes them anything.
I simply can not believe how divided this country has become in the last 6 years with so many thinking that someone who wants to keep what is theirs is greedy.
It is thinking you are entitled to what some has that is screwed up and greedy.
The only way any one is going to make their life better is go out and work for it, not take from someone else.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:35 AM

28,905 posts, read 46,712,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguymn View Post
I am only 46 years old did not finish high school because of reasons of not having a good home to provide what was needed for a normal life.
I figured out at 16 years old if I wanted to have a better life I had to go out and work for it.
I am far from rich but I raised 4 kids 3 of which were from my ex wife's first marriage.
I have been building cabinets since I was 18. I found a rewarding career for me and have always been able to provide a good life for myself and family. I did go get my ged about 12 years ago.
Life is what you make of it on your own.
I have no respect for any one who thinks the rich or the government owes them anything.
I simply can not believe how divided this country has become in the last 6 years with so many thinking that someone who wants to keep what is theirs is greedy.
It is thinking you are entitled to what some has that is screwed up and greedy.
The only way any one is going to make their life better is go out and work for it, not take from someone else.
Bless you, Sir.

I learned a long time ago to not evaluate people on their degree or their profession, but rather their attitude towards life. One of my best friends in the world is a cabinet maker. No, I take that back. The man is an artist, because the work he does amounts to that. He never stopped learning to do a better job and never saw the lack of a college degree as an impediment. He and his wife retired at age 54 to live on a sailboat in the Caribbean for ten years, which just shows the possibilities of life if one is open to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or