U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-15-2010, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,847 posts, read 1,949,335 times
Reputation: 1747

Advertisements

told you we would all get the bill

it starts here

Senators consider gasoline tax as part of climate bill - Los Angeles Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-17-2010, 10:25 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,123,641 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
told you we would all get the bill

it starts here

Senators consider gasoline tax as part of climate bill - Los Angeles Times
Grahamnesty may well support this tax but he is like most Democrats in that he doesn't look beyond the fact that it might cut the miles driven because of the raise of price.

I say this because it appears to be the spearhead for Crap and Tax and the thing can only cause all of us to pay more for gasoline but it goes way beyond that. I can't think of very many things that aren't hauled from one place to another any way but by truck. Now when those truck drivers have to pay more they pass the cost to the people they haul to and then those people have to pass the extra cost on to their customers and eventually, we the people gt to pay 15 cents more for what we burn along with the inflated prices. This is certainly what Crap and Tax is all about. Congressmen who go along with any of this don't give a damn about the people of this nation, but they know that people soon forget these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2010, 10:33 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,302,759 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
told you we would all get the bill

it starts here

Senators consider gasoline tax as part of climate bill - Los Angeles Times
You're a prophet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2010, 10:34 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,847 posts, read 1,949,335 times
Reputation: 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Grahamnesty may well support this tax but he is like most Democrats in that he doesn't look beyond the fact that it might cut the miles driven because of the raise of price.

I say this because it appears to be the spearhead for Crap and Tax and the thing can only cause all of us to pay more for gasoline but it goes way beyond that. I can't think of very many things that aren't hauled from one place to another any way but by truck. Now when those truck drivers have to pay more they pass the cost to the people they haul to and then those people have to pass the extra cost on to their customers and eventually, we the people gt to pay 15 cents more for what we burn along with the inflated prices. This is certainly what Crap and Tax is all about. Congressmen who go along with any of this don't give a damn about the people of this nation, but they know that people soon forget these things.
maybe the rotten group will get the message in November
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2010, 10:36 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,123,641 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
maybe the rotten group will get the message in November
We can only hope that enough people realize what is happening to get to the polls and take part in stopping it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:34 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top