Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 11:56 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
With Bush, we weren't forced to buy government health insurance or face a fine.
With Obama, no one is forced to buy government health insurance either. The public option isn't in the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 11:56 PM

15,145 posts, read 14,326,947 times
Its hard to miss President Bush, because I hadn't realized he left. The deficits keep growing ( like they did under the Bush administation) Nation building commitments continue ( like they did under Bush), and the welfare state keeps growing. The Bush Administration has just went into overdrive. If Americans are starting to miss President Bush that is an ominous sign.If we are actually ready to replace Mr Obama with another Bush our country will only get worse.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:04 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Three more years of the Current jerk we have as president, you won't miss him when he is gone either, things are going to really get screwed up under Obama, the fun has just begun. He is the worse president yet, obviously was not ready for this job. My opinion only. Take a look around, if things are looking are to ya, something wrong with ya. If this is the change you all wanted, you deserve him, and what comes with him.
Things are looking real good for me. I got a raise, a bonus, and my company has more work than you can shake a stick it. There is something wrong with me though. I'm a happily oversexed biker. Glad I could oblige you, sister. Will I see you on this year's inaugural Freedom Ride? You are a patriot, aren't you? Maybe not. To me, celebration involves having fun and honoring people, not pis*ing and moaning about every little thing you can think of.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:06 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
With Obama, no one is forced to buy government health insurance either. The public option isn't in the law.

And even if there were a public option - and there should be, as that wouldn't even go far enough - you would not be forced to adopt it as your insurance.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:16 AM

4,559 posts, read 4,099,879 times
maybe people are itching to attack another country without reason.

or

maybe people don't want to pay for their own mistakes

or

maybe people want more tax cuts and pass the problem on to our kids

Old 04-16-2010, 06:19 AM

4,559 posts, read 4,099,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Ahhhhh, what a difference a year makes or you know that saying about not appreciating what you have until its gone...

"President Obama just passed another milestone: His popularity is polling behind that for his predecessor, George W. Bush, according to a Public Policy Polling survey taken April 9-11. When asked to state their preferences for president, 46 percent chose Obama, and 48 percent picked Bush, according to the PPP poll."

Poll Finds Nostalgia For Bush - The Eye (CQ Politics)

...and the funny thing is W hasn't been all over TV hurling figurative feces at O.
No but Limbaugh and Beck and Hannity can do enough. Bush doesn't need to do anything. He can sit in his ranch, enjoying all of his money, while the rest of us can deal with the problems he created.

I'm betting the Fox News sheeple can made up a quarter of that poll at least......and we all know how they would respond.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:22 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,703,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Three more years of the Current jerk we have as president, you won't miss him when he is gone either, things are going to really get screwed up under Obama, the fun has just begun. He is the worse president yet, obviously was not ready for this job. My opinion only. Take a look around, if things are looking are to ya, something wrong with ya. If this is the change you all wanted, you deserve him, and what comes with him.
Just to be clear, a person is not the "the worse [sic] president yet" simply because you ideologically disagree with him.

President Bush and the Republicans had unfettered control of our country and they absolutely failed to effectively fight terrorism or guide the economy from going over a cliff.

We, the people, voted for someone we felt would more effectively fight terrorism, build a stronger social safety net, and use the tools of government to get the economy straightened out as well as to put the safeguards in to prevent this type of deep recession from happening again.

By all measurable accounts, the Obama administration is on its way to doing that. So long as they get the deficits under control (Obama promised to cut them in half by the end of his first term) there's really nothing you will be able to point to as evidence of failure or lack of preparation. Your only valid complaints will be that this administration does not reflect your ideology, which is not really valid since your ideology had a chance to prove its ability to run our country and failed to do so effectively.

God bless.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:14 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Are some of you guys the same ones who couldn't believe President Bush was elected to a second term because you didn't know anybody who voted for him? That's the path the screwed up media and entertainment world lead you down that you should be wary about. They makes you believe that people who don't think like you are stupid, small in number and live in bizarro world when they, the media, are the ones who don't have a clue about what America is thinking outside of big cities because they never get off their respective butts and leave the big cities and bother to find out so they can tell you. That's why you are always shocked at outcomes. You live in a bubble.

The conclusion I draw from the poll isn't that people love Bush it's that when given a choice between the two, Obama is loved less. That is so shocking to some of you, your first conclusion is that there must be something wrong with the poll.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:29 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
With Bush, we weren't forced to buy government health insurance or face a fine.
No problem. I wasn't planning to go without health insurance. Were you?

There's almost nobody with health insurance who would choose to drop it entirely. Besides, there's no punishment if you don't pay the fine, so if you want to get your kicks by dropping your health insurance, go for it.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:35 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The conclusion I draw from the poll isn't that people love Bush it's that when given a choice between the two, Obama is loved less. That is so shocking to some of you, your first conclusion is that there must be something wrong with the poll.
My conclusion is that the grass is always greener on the other side. People want what they don't have, and people often romanticize the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies