Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 12:57 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Hispanic refers to a language group, not a race.
We know this but what made this person use the term "****" when he referred to a certain group of people? Do you think it was the language they were speaking or their physical charcteristics? Would you prefer that we use the term biggot instead? He's still a jerk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 01:00 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm sure you were busy denouncing all the racism and sexism coming from elected democrats, the democrat candidates and their campaigns, during the last presidential election. But when it comes from some unelected nobody, then you are front and center.
I don't recall any elected official on either side using a racial slur during the last election. When did this occur? Did an elected democrat or republican use the N word or call someone a ****? Sorry I didn't get that memo. If they did, I would have denounced it no matter where it came from. I wouldn't have been on this forum defending them.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:21 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Hmmm... not that I agree with the Tea Parties or Tea Baggers, but is it the slur or the observation about race that is the problem?

Food for thought:

Plenty of white people lament events, areas, schools, etc. that are "too white" or too full of honkeys, crackers, etc..... are they being racist or hating themselves or their children?

Last edited by TriMT7; 04-16-2010 at 01:44 PM..

Old 04-16-2010, 01:38 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
More racism from a Teabagger. It's become painfully obvious what they're all about..

More victimhood from a race card holder .

Get real and read the real racist comments from those like THE RACE aka LaRaza and Mencha and many other latino groups who call whites, crackers, whitey and brag about all the kids they are having [ who are mostly on welfare of course ] !

Old 04-16-2010, 01:44 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Tea Party is a fledgling organization with views all over the map at this point.
Perhaps you could point me to the headquarters of this "organization." Maybe break down the hierarchy of the "organization," starting with it's highest position.

I read your rants against the Tea Party movement almost daily in this forum, and it's very obvious that you don't even understand what you're ranting about.

Gotta love free entertainment.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:54 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,517,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Perhaps you could point me to the headquarters of this "organization." Maybe break down the hierarchy of the "organization," starting with it's highest position.

I read your rants against the Tea Party movement almost daily in this forum, and it's very obvious that you don't even understand what you're ranting about.

Gotta love free entertainment.
that's the point, free entertainment, nothing more nothing less

Old 04-16-2010, 01:56 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
Do you know what Mexicans and Latin Americans call US citizens when they are in their countries? Gringo.... What's good for the goose is goose for the gander.

I am guessing you don't know what gringo means. I guarantee it is not on the same level as Sp*c.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Hmmm... not that I agree with the Tea Parties or Tea Baggers, but is it the slur or the observation about race that is the problem?

Food for thought:

Plenty of white people lament events, areas, schools, etc. that are "too white" or too full of honkeys, crackers, etc..... are they being racist or hating themselves or their children?
I believe it was the term "Sp*c" along with "Where's my gun" that did it.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:57 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I am guessing you don't know what gringo means.
Well, come on now, we all know it depends on the context!

Old 04-16-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Well, come on now, we all know it depends on the context!
Do you think it is on par with Sp*c? which is defined as an ethnic slur?

Here is what someone from Mexico would say: "You call us Mexicans we call you Gringos". Is that offensive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies