Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 07:12 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I would not expect any better from the tea people. A bunch of whiners and losers. Out yesterday griping about taxes when 99% of them are paying less not than they did under Bush. Silly.
Maybe, but that's ending for everyone. At least they recognize what's happening and have the courage to speak up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
We who support the president aren't buying anyone else's BS either, so I guess that makes us even
No, those on the left aren't buying anyone's BS. They make their own and shovel it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 07:12 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Learn some American history. It's the right that has been driving wedges between peoples.
I would love to learn some American history.could you enlighten me please.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I would love to learn some American history.could you enlighten me please.
The internet is at your fingertips, and there are places called Libraries. Go crack the covers of a book or two. Or, watch Glenn Beck for a crash course.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:01 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The internet is at your fingertips, and there are places called Libraries. Go crack the covers of a book or two. Or, watch Glenn Beck for a crash course.
glen Beck an authority on American history,who would have thought.the best answer you came up with is Glen beck how about any personal experiance. where I live all elected politicians are democrats every single one of them.they get elected because they promise things to hispanics[my race] blacks and minorities.somthing for free. have you heard of sidewalks for votes? I did not learn this from books or libraries or Glen beck,it is my personal experiance [I cant get any learner that ]

Old 04-22-2010, 09:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
glen Beck an authority on American history,who would have thought.the best answer you came up with is Glen beck how about any personal experiance. where I live all elected politicians are democrats every single one of them.they get elected because they promise things to hispanics[my race] blacks and minorities.somthing for free. have you heard of sidewalks for votes? I did not learn this from books or libraries or Glen beck,it is my personal experiance [I cant get any learner that ]

Hispanic is not a race.

As for your lessons in American history, google the "Southern Strategy." and "Willie Horton."

Just two of many, many examples of Republican evil.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 PM

12 posts, read 10,875 times
Please, the Tea Party are NOT racist. Do you know how many Tea Party protests there have been here in Miami, made up of CUBANS? It's not about race at all....it's about people standing up and being heard, protesting about the fact that the current administration has created (and is still creating) and enormous deficit that future generations will be forced to pay back. The whole racism card is ridiculous. If you feel so strongly about these protests, you are free to go out and protest against them.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisCharmingMan2 View Post
Please, the Tea Party are NOT racist. Do you know how many Tea Party protests there have been here in Miami, made up of CUBANS? It's not about race at all....it's about people standing up and being heard, protesting about the fact that the current administration has created (and is still creating) and enormous deficit that future generations will be forced to pay back. The whole racism card is ridiculous. If you feel so strongly about these protests, you are free to go out and protest against them.

Cubans (most of whom in Miami think they are white) can be some of the most racist people you'll ever want to encounter......or not.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:11 PM

12 posts, read 10,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Cubans (most of whom in Miami think they are white) can be some of the most racist people you'll ever want to encounter......or not.
They have also suffered (first hand) the wrath of Communism.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisCharmingMan2 View Post
They have also suffered (first hand) the wrath of Communism.

That has nothing to do with racism in the Tea Party movement.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:36 AM

This is the song of the liberals these days. Racism...racism...racism...
Anyone that that opposes or disagrees with their view, has to be racist. How can it be otherwise? Keep saying it, it just emphasizes how ignorant the left is. They have no intelligent argument, so they have to marginalize any way they can, a'la Alinksy's "the end justifies the means" tactic. All they end up doing is marginalizing themselves. Recent polls show that the number of people who think the TEA party is a serious movement is growing, just as the TEA party itself is growing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies