Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,522 times

Advertisements

I was against the patriotic act when Bush enacted it, and I'm against it now. Obama gets no pass from me. Were you against the patriotic act, or are you against it only when Obama is president?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 10:56 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekender1968 View Post
Without this process, a DOJ employee, can search around and dig up information that has no basis in a criminal case. But you would never know they did it, unless they told you.
Again, the gubment has been doing this for some time. They have a contract with Lexus Nexis.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:59 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
"Probable cause" = "they want to".

Short version. My name came up on another investigation. So, "where's there's smoke, there's fire". Sound like "probable cause" to you? To me, it smells more like "guilty by association" or "they want to".

Bottom line. Law Enforcement at any level has had the ability to monitor email for at least 5 years. All it takes is a phone call to a friendly judge. The OPs point is rather mute.
No if they did then a proable cause affidavit was filed and the judge agreed that there was proable cause. They don't just call a judge as you say.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:32 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No if they did then a proable cause affidavit was filed and the judge agreed that there was proable cause. They don't just call a judge as you say.
Whadever you say . . .

I found out and retained a lawyer. Cost me $1k and that's what I found out, a phone call. Like it or not, believe it or not.

Getting off topic.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:35 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I'll sit here and listen to the crickets while awaiting Bush administration bashers to come here equally outraged against the Obama administration.
sailordave !!! ... You are on the money with this post !

sailordave ..... you will not have to wait very long for this to happen !

Hopefully the tremendous public outrage regarding HO's disasterous political actions will lead to a most favorable voting event in Nov. 2010 !

The great potential for genuine political change that benefits the American People and this great nation may well be close at hand !

The current so called pseudo intellectual crew that are inhabiting the WH are in no wise the answer for America's leadership !

May the coveted privilege of voting in 2010 & 2012 eliminate the effectiveness and finally the unfortunate source of such unprecedented
"Folly" as we are witness to today within much of the dopey 'Washington Political Circus" ! So Mote It Be !!!

Thanks / Old Lamar

Old 04-16-2010, 11:52 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Heil Obama!

When did liberals become fascists? I liked them better when they were not quite as evil and were only interested in "free love" and getting stoned.
hawkeye2009 !!! ... BRAVO !

You are absolutely correct ! This is the same pitiful crew I remember :
"Party Animals They Be" all full of dope and free loving the night away ! Sounds like a really reliable and patriotic bunch of Americans does it not !

Oh Yeah ... The Washington "Nightmare On Elm Street" liberals staggers ever onwards !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 04-16-2010, 11:57 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Sending messages encrypted is a trivial matter. All you need to do a fractal encryption embedded in an image. Person A and B merely need to agree on the private key offline. Since no text is actually sent, the cost and manpower to actually decrypt such a message would be beyond the NSA's yearly budget, as well as computational capability. Something in the other of 9,000 years on a supercomputer to determine what the private key actually was. You can merely embed the images in your regular conversation about the weather, what day the Knicks are playing, etc.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:17 PM

470 posts, read 461,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Sending messages encrypted is a trivial matter. All you need to do a fractal encryption embedded in an image. Person A and B merely need to agree on the private key offline. Since no text is actually sent, the cost and manpower to actually decrypt such a message would be beyond the NSA's yearly budget, as well as computational capability. Something in the other of 9,000 years on a supercomputer to determine what the private key actually was. You can merely embed the images in your regular conversation about the weather, what day the Knicks are playing, etc.
Yes steganography is one way, but there are tools available FOR FREE to decrypt it.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:19 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
You must have gave them probable cause to do this. A court order can't be given just because they want to.
Never heard of the Patriot Act eh!
Everything is collected, send your check to the ACLU if you want to fight it

Old 04-16-2010, 12:30 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
I was against the patriotic act when Bush enacted it, and I'm against it now. Obama gets no pass from me. Were you against the patriotic act, or are you against it only when Obama is president?
This is my position as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies