U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-09-2010, 01:18 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,395,011 times
Reputation: 975

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Unbiased? Didn't you say you are 23 and never had a relationship? I'd love to know if you have the same views in a few years once you have had a few relationships and seen a bit more of the world. You call is bias, I call it realism and life experience.
If my morals change and my views on illegal activity change once I get into a relationship, that has got to be a strange relationship, and the reason I am waiting is to make sure I don't enter a relationship like that. Even if I am biases, who cares, everyone is. If it so pleases you, you may disregard that part of my post, or I may even edit that part out, because I clearly misspoke. Please focus on my primary argument and not the mistake I made, I will change it now if it still lets me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2010, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,172 posts, read 103,126,516 times
Reputation: 33222
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
So if you admit that, why do men that have zero say in abortion or child support?
Did I say that? Where? It's not a matter of "admit(ing)", it's a biological fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 01:20 PM
 
37,725 posts, read 16,343,113 times
Reputation: 8559
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it was not an argument it was fact. abortion will happen legal or not. when it was illegal we had deaths from back alley abortions and self inflicted abortions. the reason are many. women should not have to follow a law that makes them a forced breeding machine when they don't want to breed. sounds like nazi germany doesn't it. now answer my question. do you prefer an america where we force women to have children against their will?
do you prefer an america where we back women into a corner so they feel so helpless they seek out a back alley abortion or use a coat hanger for a self inflicted one?
I do agree there will always be abortions.

What I don't agree with is, forced breeding machine and we force women to have children against their will, etc.

Women DO HAVE A CHOICE. Don't have sex.

If you are forced to have sex, that is called rape. I am for abortion due to rape. NOT VOLUNTARY SEX.

You cannot complain about getting pregnant when you voluntarily engage in act which has the possibility to get pregnant.

It is like touching fire, then complaining you got burnt. Don't play with fire and you won't get burnt.

If I was a woman I would be insulted by your breeding machine remarks. You act as though women don't have the common sense to avoid pregnancy.

Now you answer my question. Do you believe people should be responsible for their own actions?

I constantly hear "women have a right to do with their body as they wish". And use this statement as an argument for allowing abortions.

I believe a woman does have a right to chose what she does with her body but, when she chooses to have sex she has voluntarily subjected herself to the possibility of getting pregnant.

Some say, "accidents happen". This is true. The same can be said for drinking then driving. If you have a driving accident after drinking are you going to tell the judge, "I have the right to do with my body as I think"?

You are Responsible for your actions.

Too many women today think getting pregnant is an inconvenience and have an abortion to rectify their mistake. Take responsibility of you body and your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 01:21 PM
 
13,846 posts, read 14,749,622 times
Reputation: 11559
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Haha you guys (or ladies) are quite funny. You do realize, you have to have sex in order to have a baby right? And normally that sex is voluntary, unless it is rape right? So how exactly now are the pro-lifers "forcing you" to have a baby? You make your own choices, and i'm assuming that you would know have sex equals risk of getting pregnant? Take some responsibility for what you do, thats all I want. Have sex when you are not ovulating (I think thats how it works), get a IUD, make the guy use a condom, and pull out even with the condom on before ejaculation. Make sure you know the guy so he will actually pull out. Even then have a financial back up plan, your having sex expect to get pregnant. These things are all readily available and most of them (except for the IUD) quite cheaply or no cost at all.

I don't remember once complaining about welfare, if the parent(s) need assistants and qualify, I say to them "go for it."

joh if you think "pulling out" is a good form of birth control you need to read more about biology. pulling out is a phrase and action of the very young and truly is a joke.

you seem to not want to acknowledge some facts. I can agree we might not like them and wish they were different but we can't ignore them and must consider them in a realistic way. such as sex, most people have it. is it a choice yes. that does not mean to abstain is a way of life for most normal adults. it isn't gonna happen. now what, engage in a conversation where the world is reality not the world according to joh. saying women have a choice to not have sex is almost like saying overweight folks should just stop eating.

birth control fails in the real world, pulling out condoms and other methods are not 100% what now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA
5,412 posts, read 3,499,771 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I do agree there will always be abortions.

What I don't agree with is, forced breeding machine and we force women to have children against their will, etc.

Women DO HAVE A CHOICE. Don't have sex.

If you are forced to have sex, that is called rape. I am for abortion due to rape. NOT VOLUNTARY SEX.

You cannot complain about getting pregnant when you voluntarily engage in act which has the possibility to get pregnant.

It is like touching fire, then complaining you got burnt. Don't play with fire and you won't get burnt.

If I was a woman I would be insulted by your breeding machine remarks. You act as though women don't have the common sense to avoid pregnancy.

Now you answer my question. Do you believe people should be responsible for their own actions?

I constantly hear "women have a right to do with their body as they wish". And use this statement as an argument for allowing abortions.

I believe a woman does have a right to chose what she does with her body but, when she chooses to have sex she has voluntarily subjected herself to the possibility of getting pregnant.

Some say, "accidents happen". This is true. The same can be said for drinking then driving. If you have a driving accident after drinking are you going to tell the judge, "I have the right to do with my body as I think"?

You are Responsible for your actions.

Too many women today think getting pregnant is an inconvenience and have an abortion to rectify their mistake. Take responsibility of you body and your life.
Abortion, except in cases of rape or to save the life of the mother just encourages irresponsible behavior. It enables it... And when they have an abortion because the child isn't convenient, the child has to pay the price for the mother's actions. That's avoiding responsibility, let alone, ending the life of your own child because it's not convenient to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 01:25 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,395,011 times
Reputation: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, of course not. But they contribute as much to the pregnancy as the women. Or do you subscribe to this "woman as seductress" philosphy that it's all the woman's "fault" if sex results in a pregnancy? If you're going to punish the woman, most definitely punish the man. If the woman dies, he dies. If the woman gets jail time, he gets jail time. There aren't too many "immaculate conceptions" going on these days.
I explained this in the post that you quoted from me so I will be brief (maybe xD) here. As I said I don't mind the man being charged if he is in anyway involved in the abortion. But having sex and getting pregnant won't be illegal just the abortion. If you want to look so far back as to who had sex with her and such, then you should say the girls mom should be thrown in jail too because she gave birth to the criminal. But that doesn't make much sense. It's both parties fault if she gets pregnant but she is the one going to get the abortion, she is the one committing the criminal act and should be the one punished along with whoever helped her with the actual ABORTION. You don't arrest the bartender who served the drinks to the guy who just went out and got into a car accident by driving drunk do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 01:25 PM
 
13,846 posts, read 14,749,622 times
Reputation: 11559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I do agree there will always be abortions.

What I don't agree with is, forced breeding machine and we force women to have children against their will, etc.

Women DO HAVE A CHOICE. Don't have sex.

If you are forced to have sex, that is called rape. I am for abortion due to rape. NOT VOLUNTARY SEX.

You cannot complain about getting pregnant when you voluntarily engage in act which has the possibility to get pregnant.

It is like touching fire, then complaining you got burnt. Don't play with fire and you won't get burnt.

If I was a woman I would be insulted by your breeding machine remarks. You act as though women don't have the common sense to avoid pregnancy.

Now you answer my question. Do you believe people should be responsible for their own actions?

I constantly hear "women have a right to do with their body as they wish". And use this statement as an argument for allowing abortions.

I believe a woman does have a right to chose what she does with her body but, when she chooses to have sex she has voluntarily subjected herself to the possibility of getting pregnant.

Some say, "accidents happen". This is true. The same can be said for drinking then driving. If you have a driving accident after drinking are you going to tell the judge, "I have the right to do with my body as I think"?

You are Responsible for your actions.

Too many women today think getting pregnant is an inconvenience and have an abortion to rectify their mistake. Take responsibility of you body and your life.
see my reply to joh. yes I think people should be responsible for their actions. many do use birth control and still get pregnant. to equate driving drunk and failure of birth control can't be compared. one is not caring what you do. the other is doing what is right and despite all your best intentions you become pregnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 01:27 PM
 
13,846 posts, read 14,749,622 times
Reputation: 11559
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
way to side step the question.
still waiting for an answer betamanlet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA
5,412 posts, read 3,499,771 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
see my reply to joh. yes I think people should be responsible for their actions. many do use birth control and still get pregnant. to equate driving drunk and failure of birth control can't be compared. one is not caring what you do. the other is doing what is right and despite all your best intentions you become pregnant.
And adult, of legal age should realize that sex can and does result in pregnancy. If you cannot deal with that possibility, you shouldn't be having sex. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA
5,412 posts, read 3,499,771 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
still waiting for an answer betamanlet
what question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:26 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top