U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 01:34 PM

13,813 posts, read 14,645,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it was not an argument it was fact. abortion will happen legal or not. when it was illegal we had deaths from back alley abortions and self inflicted abortions. the reason are many. women should not have to follow a law that makes them a forced breeding machine when they don't want to breed. sounds like nazi germany doesn't it. now answer my question. do you prefer an america where we force women to have children against their will?
do you prefer an america where we back women into a corner so they feel so helpless they seek out a back alley abortion or use a coat hanger for a self inflicted one?

bet...this question, asked twice now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 01:35 PM

13,384 posts, read 21,937,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
rape correct will never be safe

Heroine and abortion (I do not agree with doing either) both have risky when done in the wrong way, risks can be minimized in both cases if, 1. you buy from a reputable dealer and know how to do it carefully (still risks but less risky if you OD, buy from a shady dealer [could be laced with other things]) and 2. go to a good doctor (still risks though, scarring, infection is possible, etc.)

I don't even know why i'm arguing this point because I don't think rape or heroine should be legal I just suppose i'm trying to say abortion is safer but not safe completely. No surgery is.
Carrying a fetus to term is 10 times riskier for a woman than having the abortion. If your concern is minimizing risk, you should be encouraging women everywhere to terminate their pregnancies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
And that's why i have said that people who think that way are sociopathically self absorbed.
Oh, the irony.....

Old 06-09-2010, 01:36 PM

13,813 posts, read 14,645,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
And adult, of legal age should realize that sex can and does result in pregnancy. If you cannot deal with that possibility, you shouldn't be having sex. Sorry.
so because having sex "might" result in pregnancy even when we take birth control means we should just not have it...yeah right, like that will work

Old 06-09-2010, 01:36 PM

4,639 posts, read 5,097,424 times
So, spontaneous abortions (miscarriages) are all about GOD ? and his will..his infinite wisdom in such matters ?

(general question)

Old 06-09-2010, 01:40 PM

86,988 posts, read 102,554,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I explained this in the post that you quoted from me so I will be brief (maybe xD) here. As I said I don't mind the man being charged if he is in anyway involved in the abortion. But having sex and getting pregnant won't be illegal just the abortion. If you want to look so far back as to who had sex with her and such, then you should say the girls mom should be thrown in jail too because she gave birth to the criminal. But that doesn't make much sense. It's both parties fault if she gets pregnant but she is the one going to get the abortion, she is the one committing the criminal act and should be the one punished along with whoever helped her with the actual ABORTION. You don't arrest the bartender who served the drinks to the guy who just went out and got into a car accident by driving drunk do you?
So by virtue of being the carrier of the baby, the woman should be prosecuted, and you don't care if she dies in a back alley AB. But the guy will be blameless unless he is "in anyway (sic) involved in the abortion". So the guy might give the woman some money, but tell her to put it in her bank account and write the check on her account, so he won't get in trouble.

Yes, in many states, a bartender can be charged if a customer gets drunk in his bar and has an accident.

Bartender charged with serving driver in felony DWI - Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2009

(Just one example)

Old 06-09-2010, 01:42 PM

2,943 posts, read 2,381,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
joh if you think "pulling out" is a good form of birth control you need to read more about biology. pulling out is a phrase and action of the very young and truly is a joke.

you seem to not want to acknowledge some facts. I can agree we might not like them and wish they were different but we can't ignore them and must consider them in a realistic way. such as sex, most people have it. is it a choice yes. that does not mean to abstain is a way of life for most normal adults. it isn't gonna happen. now what, engage in a conversation where the world is reality not the world according to joh. saying women have a choice to not have sex is almost like saying overweight folks should just stop eating.

birth control fails in the real world, pulling out condoms and other methods are not 100% what now?
As far as the pulling out, yes it doesn't have a high success rate but it is not a joke, in a list reviewed by Larissa Hirsch, MD on Birth Control Methods: How Well Do They Work? it states if 100 people pull out using this method only 27 out of 100 will mostly likely get pregnant. Look for yourself.

I'm sorry you wish to think that it is a fact that abstaining from sex isn't really possible in society, but just so you know, I've lived in the real world too. I wasn't home schooled and I didn't even go to a boys only or private school. I wasn't spanked if I had bad thoughts, and had hormones raging through me for many years just like many other people. But here is the difference, I can control myself . Yea shocking I know. Its kind of sad to think isn't it that are society can do so many things but one thing that they can't seem to do is have sex responsibly. Thats why there has to be real world consequences, that you can't just say woops and go make it go bye bye. If a fat guy keeps eating food he will have less time to live, sucks but that is the way it is.

Your right birth control fails, but after you do everything you can (my list wasn't just pulling out and condoms), you do more, once again . You make sure you are financially able to raise a baby. Yea school might be jeopardized but hey you knew better but didn't listen (to that thing called abstinence). Responsibility is what we should be preaching in this country (for many other issues too) not just oh you made a mistake here is a way out of it.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Carrying a fetus to term is 10 times riskier for a woman than having the abortion. If your concern is minimizing risk, you should be encouraging women everywhere to terminate their pregnancies.
Its not my concern (not that I don't care of the safety of women but thats not really the issue at hand) I was just arguing an issue I really didn't feel much for, for the sake of arguing.

^^^ I don't know if that makes much sense but I hope it does xD.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So by virtue of being the carrier of the baby, the woman should be prosecuted, and you don't care if she dies in a back alley AB. But the guy will be blameless unless he is "in anyway (sic) involved in the abortion". So the guy might give the woman some money, but tell her to put it in her bank account and write the check on her account, so he won't get in trouble.

Yes, in many states, a bartender can be charged if a customer gets drunk in his bar and has an accident.

Bartender charged with serving driver in felony DWI - Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2009

(Just one example)
Part 1:

Yep unless the guy is involved in the abortion or helps fund it, he doesn't have anything to do with it so I don't see how he would be prosecuted. As for the bank account/check thing, yep he is still a criminal, trying to get around things, and because it is a criminal act there should be a criminal investigation and hopefully he will be caught and then charged with whatever he will then be charged with.

Part 2:
That is absolutely retarded. Bartenders should then have the right to confiscate keys from those drinking so they don't do stupid ****. But that was just an example and a different issue all together so lets just leave it at that and say, wow I was wrong what a stupid stupid law.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:56 PM

5,412 posts, read 3,472,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Oh, the irony.....
I'm not the one who thinks I have a fundamental right to kill my child becaues it's not convenient to me.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:56 PM

86,988 posts, read 102,554,590 times
If you have a party in your home and serve someone who is drunk you can be prosecuted as well. Goolge it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or