U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Status: "Summer!" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,011 posts, read 102,621,396 times
Reputation: 33075

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
From the second link (because it seemed like the most direct and I hope you weren't just posting random links all with different answers)

"For example, a woman can get pregnant if there is sperm on her fingers and she puts them into her vagina.
However, the chances of you becoming pregnant in this way are very small because sperm can only live for a very short period of time when outside of the human body (a few minutes if left to dry out, or a few hours if wet).
It would also be possible for pregnancy to happen if the man ejaculates close to the entrance of the vagina, or if his erect penis comes into contact with his partner's body near the vagina."

For example, a woman can get pregnant if there is sperm on her fingers and she puts them into her vagina.

Didn't I say don't post anything that says if she take the sperm on her hand and puts it back in because that would defeat the purpose of ejaculating on a towel? oh well *starts laughing*.

However, the chances of you becoming pregnant in this way are very small because sperm can only live for a very short period of time when outside of the human body (a few minutes if left to dry out, or a few hours if wet).

Which is the point of BC (making the chances of becoming pregnant very small) we already know no BC is 100%.

It would also be possible for pregnancy to happen if the man ejaculates close to the entrance of the vagina, or if his erect penis comes into contact with his partner's body near the vagina.

Thats why you pull out and ejaculate in a towel not her (I detract my statement to ejaculate on her instead of towel earlier).
You are twisting what that link said. You also seemed to neglect the words "for example". Since you are only seeing what you want to see, I'll quote a couple sentences from the others:

Can pregnancy occur if a woman and a guy have faux sex or dry sex? (This is when there is no penetration, but there is skin to skin contact of the genital area.) Again, anytime the penis and the vaginal area come into contact, there is the slight risk of pregnancy and a risk for STD transmission. (From the link from the American Pregnancy Association)

The following activities carry the highest risk of pregnancy:
•intercourse, with or without protection
•contact between the female genital area and sperm or pre-ejaculatory fluid
•anal sex if any sperm makes contact with female genital area
(From FAQ on Teen Pregnancy)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:02 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,564,141 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Ok where to start (this is going to be fun ).

Because it is in my opinion that "prolifers" (notice the quotes) are the biggest liars, delusional (most being religious), moronic, uneducated, backward, and self centered scum.

In the first six words you already state yourself that its your opinion and not a fact. Normally people are confident when it comes to facts and don't have to add that little disclaimer. Biggest lairs: well I do tell the occasional white lie (never in debate) but if you say you don't and pro-choicers don't you ma'am are the lier. Delusional: nope sorry I hold two fingers up to my face I still see two, Religious: Was raised christian catholic but am not more agnostic. Lets see so far your 0-3, lets keep going. Moronic: you should be glad you are not referring directly to me because then you would be flagged for personal attacks. Uneducated: Have my high school diploma, currently going to college. Backward: Actually i'm quite forward. Self Centered scum: I don't think I qualify for scum I have bones and structure, as for being self centered I'd say no also, if you knew any of my friends you would know I am a great listener and can always lend great advice when things aren't going well. 0-7

"Prolifers" are pro life until you are born. After that, f**k you. They claim only liberals have abortions but we all know the religious righties do it when it is good for them. When pro freedom/choicers want to educate children about sex, they whine about thie "Christan" values. When we try to get health care for everyone(which is more pro life than many can hope to be) they WHINE about that too and scream "SOCIALISM".

Prolifers are pro life until you are born: sorry don't have a calendar for when certain people are born.

After that **** you: I don't think I have ever said **** you to anyone's face I tend to have respect for people.

They claim only liberals have abortions but we all know the religious righties do it when it is good for them: I don't remember claiming that, and actually I am liberal myself so bad example, as for the religious righties and people who change their morals when it is good for them, shame on those people.

When pro freedom/choicers want to educate children about sex, they whine about thie "Christan" values: Nope sorry, I say educated our children as much as possible about sex because god knows they will be ****ing like jack rabbits real soon.

When we try to get health care for everyone(which is more pro life than many can hope to be) they WHINE about that too and scream "SOCIALISM": don't you hate people like that, sorry I was for the health care reform and people who scream socialism have their head up their asses . Maybe you'll get something next paragraph good luck .

I am not talking about people who are against abortion in reasonable ways. Like I am against abortion after 3 or 4 months too. But before that, woman comes first. And men? They deserve ZERO say ESPECIALLY in cases of rape.

Someone is a bit sexist, I bet you are perfectly fine with taking the guy's money after the baby is born though, if you don't want the guy involved don't let the guy become involved . Oh and just an FYI rape is one of the cases where I bend my views on abortion.

Thanks for playing the stereotype game but you lose please try again .
Why do you bend your views on abortion in the case of rape?


Isn't an abortion and abortion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,398 posts, read 7,146,757 times
Reputation: 2845
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Sarcasm really isn't needed, especially if you are trying to portray me as the immature one.
Why would I try to portray you as immature? It was used in response to your telling me that I "probably wasnt old enough to be having sex anyway" to illustrate what a silly statement that was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Actually I don't care what age women are, as long as they are prepared. Now I know you are so narrow minded you think that means they have to have thousands of dollars of their own money but thats not what that means. It means be prepared. quote=JohKnip;14549886]One of my best friends is 18, she had her first planned child at 17, she is engaged and has her second baby on the way and she is going to high school still. She does not come from a rich family and her fiancée works at a car wash. They both live on there own in their own apartment and do not collect welfare. Now i'm sure your asking yourself "how the???" Well they did this thing called planning and if young people are like the way you described me then I would hope adults could plan that way too. They both work, go to school, save money still, live good lives, and get help from their family.
If you dont care what age women are, then why bring it up as you did in the first place? Narrow minded? Really? First you know God's mind, then you know mine?
The situation you described Ive seen it done.It usually doesnt end well as the story unfolds, but Ive seen it done. Ive got friends that have done it..the results down the line are much less than stellar. If she can make it through college without stopping, work, have a husband and take care of those babies, my hat is off to her....She's nuts for doing that so early though, IMHO.

And as a sidenote, who the HELL plans to have children at 17?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Also you guys must not have tried very hard to find doctors to do the operations because if there are people out there who will do implants in young women, i'm sure you'll find or convince someone to snip you or him. Don't be such a wet tissue when you go into the doctor, remember your mantra "IT'S MY BODY AND I'LL DO WITH IT WHAT I WANT."
In order for them to do an implant on me, they want me to have had a kid first. Period. Ive been to 4 different doctors, and all the same result, and trust me, I argued like a lawyer on death row.
His doctor is a Navy doctor either on base or on ship, depending on if he's in port or on sea duty. Neither of them would do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
As for your 2nd part, have you heard of something commonly used on the internet, and in really life for that matter, called figure of speech?
Thats funny...most figures of speech dont include someone claiming that "God wants this for so-in-so". or "God wants _____to do this". I certainly dont hear it often here on CD unless Im in church or we're in the Christianity forum.

Backtracking much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:10 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,382,647 times
Reputation: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You are twisting what that link said. You also seemed to neglect the words "for example". Since you are only seeing what you want to see, I'll quote a couple sentences from the others:

Can pregnancy occur if a woman and a guy have faux sex or dry sex? (This is when there is no penetration, but there is skin to skin contact of the genital area.) Again, anytime the penis and the vaginal area come into contact, there is the slight risk of pregnancy and a risk for STD transmission. (From the link from the American Pregnancy Association)

The following activities carry the highest risk of pregnancy:
•intercourse, with or without protection
•contact between the female genital area and sperm or pre-ejaculatory fluid
•anal sex if any sperm makes contact with female genital area
(From FAQ on Teen Pregnancy)
Can pregnancy occur if a woman and a guy have faux sex or dry sex? (This is when there is no penetration, but there is skin to skin contact of the genital area.) Again, anytime the penis and the vaginal area come into contact, there is the slight risk of pregnancy and a risk for STD transmission.

I went to that link hoping to find more about this Q&A but this was all of the answer for this question which isn't really proof and doesn't explain how it actually happens, and please don't try and say it was a reputable source so that is all that matters because they didn't explain it at all which is what I was asking from you, all it did was restate what you had said before.

The following activities carry the highest risk of pregnancy:
•intercourse, with or without protection
•contact between the female genital area and sperm or pre-ejaculatory fluid
•anal sex if any sperm makes contact with female genital area


First bullet point: well duh.
Second bullet point: again proof (instead of just factless claims or examples)
Third bullet point: same as second (I'm not saying its not possible for it to touch the gentile area but I want proof or examples of how this can actually make the woman pregnant)

Also another thing the second bullet point says "or pre-ejaculatory fluid" pre-ejaculator fluid isn't sperm so that destroys the credibility of that article right there.
Researchers find no sperm in pre-ejaculate fluid. [Contracept Technol Update. 1993] - PubMed result
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Status: "Summer!" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,011 posts, read 102,621,396 times
Reputation: 33075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
The person was a friend of mine. She was 19, had a full scholarship to USC and was studying to be a lawyer, and had an Uber Conservative family that didnt believe in sex before marriage at all.


1st: I am 23 years old. Im old enough to make my own decisions. I can buy a car, drink, vote, and omigosh, even have sex and all those other things right along with the big kids! Yay! *Sarcasm off*
Im sure you'd rather have women wait until they're oh, say 30 or so, but that isnt going to happen. You obviously know very very little about what women's doctors will or will not do. I was told I cant have that operation without argument until I am at least 35-40 because I might "change my mind".
My other half tried to get his snip snipped, and the Navy doctor wouldnt do it to him either, saying he was too young.

2nd: You speak for God now? Really? Well, while I apparently have His Messenger on the Internet, could you please tell me when my stock is going to rise in value?


Then WHY pray tell, are there so damn many babies up for adoption now if there are SOOO many people desperate to have them? Please. Enlighten me how it is kinder to have a child grow up wondering who their blood family is, why they werent wanted. Or have other children in school find out they're adopted and tease them about not having a "real mommy and daddy".
Too many of those babies grow up to be toddlers, where their chances of being adopted get slimmer the older they become. Soon as they hit 10 its almost a guarantee they're going to grow up in the system.
Would you like me to elaborate what often happens to children in foster homes? In orphanages? Sexual abuse, physical and emotional abuse, and if that doest get them then they spend their lives wondering why they werent wanted, why they dont have a "real" Mom and Dad, and that in itself can screw anyone over mentally. Hell, kids that get adopted wonder that too.
There are not "so damn many babies up for adoption now".

I did a google search with numerous terms, and mostly found message boards about people trying to adopt. However, I did find this:

Adopting a Newborn in the United States

Waiting times for infant adoptions vary tremendously and can be as long as 2 years or more. Many agencies now involve birth parents in choosing adoptive parents and have discontinued traditional "waiting lists" (first come, first placed) because so few infants are available through agencies. In the United States, agency criteria for prospective adoptive parents are often more restrictive for infant adoptions than for adoptions of older children, again because fewer infants are available.

There are challenges parenting adopted children. There are challenges parenting all children. I am not anti-abortion. I'm just saying, it's not easy to adopt. People go to China (for girls), Russia, Romania, and so on. Korea slowed down on its adoptions to the US when they had the Olympics b/c it was an embarrassment to them. You can still get kids from Korea, but it's harder. Guatemala is a favorite right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:15 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,382,647 times
Reputation: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why do you bend your views on abortion in the case of rape?


Isn't an abortion and abortion?
An abortion is an abortion but the reason I bend my views is because when a woman has sex (willingly) she knows the consequence is becoming pregnant and if she doesn't prepare for that (see my numerous posts as to how she and the guy can) then that is the consequence they must experience.

But if the woman is raped that is a completely different issue, no planning, no way to prepare, and I have a little more sympathy because everyday then she will be reminded of that rape. You don't have to agree with my reasoning but its mine not yours so I don't expect you to understand if you choose not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:21 PM
 
14,790 posts, read 14,053,165 times
Reputation: 20500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
An abortion is an abortion but the reason I bend my views is because when a woman has sex (willingly) she knows the consequence is becoming pregnant and if she doesn't prepare for that (see my numerous posts as to how she and the guy can) then that is the consequence they must experience.

But if the woman is raped that is a completely different issue, no planning, no way to prepare, and I have a little more sympathy because everyday then she will be reminded of that rape. You don't have to agree with my reasoning but its mine not yours so I don't expect you to understand if you choose not to.
so .... only when a woman's body is abused she can have control over it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:26 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,382,647 times
Reputation: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Why would I try to portray you as immature? It was used in response to your telling me that I "probably wasnt old enough to be having sex anyway" to illustrate what a silly statement that was.

Duly noted.

If you dont care what age women are, then why bring it up as you did in the first place? Narrow minded? Really? First you know God's mind, then you know mine?
The situation you described Ive seen it done.It usually doesnt end well as the story unfolds, but Ive seen it done. Ive got friends that have done it..the results down the line are much less than stellar. If she can make it through college without stopping, work, have a husband and take care of those babies, my hat is off to her....She's nuts for doing that so early though, IMHO.

Ok bad freaking figure of speech get off my back, thats what it was I don't have a direct line with god . Your right I don't care what age you are as long as you are prepared. And the point of my story was just that it is possible for younger people to do it so I don't like hearing when people say "not possible" or something along those lines.

And as a sidenote, who the HELL plans to have children at 17?!?!

Haven't asked. Probably won't. The main thing though is that they planned.

In order for them to do an implant on me, they want me to have had a kid first. Period. Ive been to 4 different doctors, and all the same result, and trust me, I argued like a lawyer on death row.
His doctor is a Navy doctor either on base or on ship, depending on if he's in port or on sea duty. Neither of them would do it.

Maybe you should see a lawyer (I'm serious). A pro-choice lawyer would be all over your case. After all, i'll say again, your mantra is "It's my body and i'll do with it what I want."

Thats funny...most figures of speech dont include someone claiming that "God wants this for so-in-so". or "God wants _____to do this". I certainly dont hear it often here on CD unless Im in church or we're in the Christianity forum.

I just reinvented figure of speech, you are witnessing history


Backtracking much?
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:27 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,382,647 times
Reputation: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
so .... only when a woman's body is abused she can have control over it?
She doesn't have control of it when she is having sex (willingly)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:33 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,564,141 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
An abortion is an abortion but the reason I bend my views is because when a woman has sex (willingly) she knows the consequence is becoming pregnant and if she doesn't prepare for that (see my numerous posts as to how she and the guy can) then that is the consequence they must experience.

But if the woman is raped that is a completely different issue, no planning, no way to prepare, and I have a little more sympathy because everyday then she will be reminded of that rape. You don't have to agree with my reasoning but its mine not yours so I don't expect you to understand if you choose not to.
Oh, I understand.

With your explanation I see that you really don't care about the abortion, you just want to judge/control women's "morals". She must be punished for having sex... I get ya.


BTW, good luck on trying to change human nature.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top