U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,964,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
She doesn't have control of it when she is having sex (willingly)?
yes, but you know **** happens in life.

So where is the blame for the man? Or is it only a woman's choices & morals that you're prepared to pontifcate over?

You don't actually care about abortion, you just want women to be punished for falling pregnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 08:45 PM

2,943 posts, read 2,372,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh, I understand.

With your explanation I see that you really don't care about the abortion, you just want to judge/control women's "morals". She must be punished for having sex... I get ya.

BTW, good luck on trying to change human nature.....

You really haven't read any of my other posts in the thread have you? If I didn't care I wouldn't be wasting my time all day in this one specific thread. I don't care what women's morals are. I have my morals and I want abortion to be illegal because it promotes irresponsibility. Now please PLEASE prove me right that you haven't read any of my other posts and ask why I think it promotes irresponsibility. Actually before you do go read through these 23 or 24 pages (like I have had too) get the gist of this conversation and then come back and talk to me.

As for changing human nature, don't need luck, i'm helping to change it all by myself. I'm 23, a virgin, a male, wasn't home school, didn't go to a private school, didn't go to a boys school, don't have a hormone deficiency, so yea I know what its like to have insane urges (but you would have known all this if you read the thread). I'm beginning to think its human nature or American nature to be impulsive as hell, not care what comes of it, and when you run into a bind someone bales you out (I am referring to many things when I said this not just abortion).

But thanks for taking the time to tell me how I view things, couldn't have said it better myself, oh wait, I did.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,489,065 times
Quote:
She doesn't have control of it when she is having sex (willingly)?
So you want her to have control when she's having sex but you want that control taken away from her when it comes to an abortion....more control issues...

Old 06-09-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
You really haven't read any of my other posts in the thread have you? If I didn't care I wouldn't be wasting my time all day in this one specific thread. I don't care what women's morals are. I have my morals and I want abortion to be illegal because it promotes irresponsibility. Now please PLEASE prove me right that you haven't read any of my other posts and ask why I think it promotes irresponsibility. Actually before you do go read through these 23 or 24 pages (like I have had too) get the gist of this conversation and then come back and talk to me.

As for changing human nature, don't need luck, i'm helping to change it all by myself. I'm 23, a virgin, a male, wasn't home school, didn't go to a private school, didn't go to a boys school, don't have a hormone deficiency, so yea I know what its like to have insane urges (but you would have known all this if you read the thread). I'm beginning to think its human nature or American nature to be impulsive as hell, not care what comes of it, and when you run into a bind someone bales you out (I am referring to many things when I said this not just abortion).

But thanks for taking the time to tell me how I view things, couldn't have said it better myself, oh wait, I did.
The world didn't just start 23 years ago.

Abortion has been around forever....it won't go away if it's made illegal....it didn't go away when it was illegal.

No one can change human nature....not even 23 year olds...

AND IF you think abortion is OK in the case of rape but not in other circumstances then it's a "control women" issue....because abortion is abortion.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:57 PM

13,668 posts, read 14,543,073 times
Quote:

john if abortion were illegal I will ask you the same question I have asked of betmanlet that he won't answer. maybe you will. in america should a woman be forced to carry a baby, give birth to it, and raise it or give it up for adoption against her will? are you ok with the number of women who if abortion is illegal that would seek out back alley abortions or self induced abortions that result in deaths, because a legal safe abortion was not available. is all of that acceptable because it helps to promote responsibility?

Old 06-09-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
yes, but you know **** happens in life.

So where is the blame for the man? Or is it only a woman's choices & morals that you're prepared to pontifcate over?

You don't actually care about abortion, you just want women to be punished for falling pregnant.
**** happens. Couldn't have said it better myself. Thats why you prepare. But oh no preparing is asking too much isn't it. Well if you don't prepare then there are consequences aren't there. I don't think there should be an out every time these consequences come up. But what am I thinking i'm just a guy.

No one has asked yet about the man's part, but I thought all you pro-choicers knew this part all too well. The man is there to raise the baby WITH the woman. Seemed to have forgot about that little part haven't we? And if the guy tries to bail the woman goes to court and makes the man pay up through, oh the term is escaping me now, but i'm sure you know what I am speaking of. Child support thats it. Could rob the guy clean but it was his decision to have sex too so he has it all coming to him. Sorry to burst your bubble, I know you would like to think of me as a woman hating chauvinist but everyone has to pay the piper at the end if they decide to play the game.

And if I didn't care about abortion I wouldn't have been wasting my time in this single thread all day. The man and the woman need to be held responsible for their actions and not just have an out every time a mistake is made. That is the problem with this world. Business goes down, bailout. Get pregnant because you were messing around, abortion. I'm fighting against being able to take the easy way out, if you are choosing to just throw away some cells in your body versus raising what you created for the rest of your life you are taking the easy way out.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
So you want her to have control when she's having sex but you want that control taken away from her when it comes to an abortion....more control issues...
I want her and the guy to take responsibility for their actions and have the baby. It should not be acceptable to say "woops I messed up, oh at least I have an abortion available to me." You don't get second chances in life all the time and thats what people need to learn to accept. The man and the woman have to take responsibility for creating something that will soon become a life.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 PM

13,668 posts, read 14,543,073 times
Quote:
**** happens. Couldn't have said it better myself. Thats why you prepare. But oh no preparing is asking too much isn't it. Well if you don't prepare then there are consequences aren't there. I don't think there should be an out every time these consequences come up. But what am I thinking i'm just a guy.

No one has asked yet about the man's part, but I thought all you pro-choicers knew this part all too well. The man is there to raise the baby WITH the woman. Seemed to have forgot about that little part haven't we? And if the guy tries to bail the woman goes to court and makes the man pay up through, oh the term is escaping me now, but i'm sure you know what I am speaking of. Child support thats it. Could rob the guy clean but it was his decision to have sex too so he has it all coming to him. Sorry to burst your bubble, I know you would like to think of me as a woman hating chauvinist but everyone has to pay the piper at the end if they decide to play the game. john many women take the fathers to court, get a court order for support and the man still doesn't pay.

And if I didn't care about abortion I wouldn't have been wasting my time in this single thread all day. The man and the woman need to be held responsible for their actions and not just have an out every time a mistake is made. That is the problem with this world. Business goes down, bailout. Get pregnant because you were messing around, abortion. I'm fighting against being able to take the easy way out, if you are choosing to just throw away some cells in your body versus raising what you created for the rest of your life you are taking the easy way out.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I want her and the guy to take responsibility for their actions and have the baby. It should not be acceptable to say "woops I messed up, oh at least I have an abortion available to me." You don't get second chances in life all the time and thats what people need to learn to accept. The man and the woman have to take responsibility for creating something that will soon become a life.
So you want people to become parents even if they don't want the baby....have you given any thought to how a baby would feel about that? Or how well it would be raised?..... (Didn't think so)

Sorry but your posts have made it clear...a control issue with women.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
The world didn't just start 23 years ago.

Abortion has been around forever....it won't go away if it's made illegal....it didn't go away when it was illegal.

No one can change human nature....not even 23 year olds...

AND IF you think abortion is OK in the case of rape but not in other circumstances then it's a "control women" issue....because abortion is abortion.
Abortion is abortion when you look at it from what is done point of view, but the reasons for which it should be allowed is what I am discussing.

With out control of people anarchism would take over so unless you want to be sexist and let men do whatever they want too there will be control.

I know abortion will not go away if made illegal but those who choose to go do it anyway with a hanger are then criminals in my book, dumb ones at that, and should suffer the consequences from doing such an act.

Oh and you read through those 23-24 pages quite fast did you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or