U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 09:41 PM

2,943 posts, read 2,381,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you really have to experience a full on sexual love affair to have a real true understanding of it. you can explain to someone what it takes to scuba dive, explain all the tanks and regulators, and all the wonder of it, but until you scuba yourself you really can't comprehend at all only imagine. just like if you haven't experienced the emotion of marriage or divorce.
I'm sure it feels awesome, great, beyond what I could ever know before doing it, but unless it feels sooo good that it is impossible to resist once you have sex for the first time, people can control themselves. And again I don't think I have to have had sex to discuss it. Argue the issues I bring up not my previous life experiences. I argue for the legalization of MJ all the time but have never done it, that does not make my arguments ineffective or moot points though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 09:49 PM

3,398 posts, read 7,145,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Why don't you inform me what exactly i'm not going to understand until then. I have made a pledge to myself not to have sex before marriage. I understand why people have sex, I know what is involved in sex, and I know what results of sex. If I say anything in previous posts that is wrong debate that. Do not debate what I do in my private life because that does not matter. The reason I brought it up was because I was trying to make the point that I have the same urges and "distractions" as everyone else yet, somehow, keep it in my pants.
If you dont want what you do in your private life debated then dont bring it up in a public forum during a debate. You used your status as a point. Points can be debated and speculated on.

I will try to tell you. I doubt you'll get it, but here it goes.
Sex isnt just the fun and recreation you seem to make it out to be. It is a bonding between two people, and when there are strong emotions attached to it, it is the ultimate act of sharing, because you're not just sharing a meal, a movie, a laugh. You are sharing yourself in the most vulnerable way possible, and often, if the bond is close enough,it seals it further and strengthens it. In most serious relationships, this is necessary...even without a ring around your finger.

Its not all about what theyve told you in biology and its not all about just "feels good".

Old 06-09-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
If you dont want what you do in your private life debated then dont bring it up in a public forum during a debate. You used your status as a point. Points can be debated and speculated on.

I will try to tell you. I doubt you'll get it, but here it goes.
Sex isnt just the fun and recreation you seem to make it out to be. It is a bonding between two people, and when there are strong emotions attached to it, it is the ultimate act of sharing, because you're not just sharing a meal, a movie, a laugh. You are sharing yourself in the most vulnerable way possible, and often, if the bond is close enough,it seals it further and strengthens it. In most serious relationships, this is necessary...even without a ring around your finger.

Its not all about what theyve told you in biology and its not all about just "feels good".
Thanks for the explanation, now i'm going to say I get it, now your going to say "no you really don't" and I'm just going to add what does this have to do with anything? Yea we are talking about sex but what does sharing and be special have to do with what we are discussing, please be specific so I can understand this part.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:56 PM

13,582 posts, read 7,419,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you want people to become parents even if they don't want the baby....have you given any thought to how a baby would feel about that? Or how well it would be raised?..... (Didn't think so)

Sorry but your posts have made it clear...a control issue with women.
That is one giant spin you have going. Out of the kindness of your heart you would kill the baby (fetus to moonbats) because you are concerned about it's feelings?

It appears that he is asking people to practice self control or deal with the results.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That is one giant spin you have going. Out of the kindness of your heart you would kill the baby (fetus to moonbats) because you are concerned about it's feelings?

It appears that he is asking people to practice self control or deal with the results.
Someone understands what I am trying to say finally, its really not that complicated like some people are trying to make it. Reps to you.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:05 PM

13,819 posts, read 14,653,063 times
Quote:
I'm sure it feels awesome, great, beyond what I could ever know before doing it, but unless it feels sooo good that it is impossible to resist once you have sex for the first time, people can control themselves. And again I don't think I have to have had sex to discuss it. Argue the issues I bring up not my previous life experiences. I argue for the legalization of MJ all the time but have never done it, that does not make my arguments ineffective or moot points though.
not experiencing it does not mean you can't have opinions on it. all it means is when you do experience things like true love, death of a someone you love beyond measure, divorce, cancer treatments you have more empathy because of your first hand experience. your ideas about abortion may never change but as you age and experience more of life for your self you will have more empathy and perhaps you won't be so cavalier as to tell women to just have a child or give one up for adoption.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:06 PM

3,398 posts, read 7,145,357 times
Quote:
Thanks for the explanation, now i'm going to say I get it, now your going to say "no you really don't" and I'm just going to add what does this have to do with anything? Yea we are talking about sex but what does sharing and be special have to do with what we are discussing, please be specific so I can understand this part.
You asked me to tell you, so I did.
Since we've already established that you arent Gods messenger, and I highly doubt you're psychic, dont try to predict what I'll say. K?

It has to do with the subject at hand because you are advocating basically punishing women who have sex that dont want children, when you yourself have never even experienced the act that produces children, nor even a relationship (again, still a guess) .

"If you dont want to have the consequences then dont play the hanky panky" I believe that is along the lines of one of your posts, and demonstrates your lack of knowlege.

Life isnt that simple, and this isnt a black or white, Jump their bones or keep it in my pants kind of thing with most people. Most women I know of dont go around hopping from bed-to-bed very easily(we have names for women like that), and if a woman does have an abortion, I assure you it is done with ALOT of thought and a few sleepless nights. Getting an abortion isnt a casual decision.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not experiencing it does not mean you can't have opinions on it. all it means is when you do experience things like true love, death of a someone you love beyond measure, divorce, cancer treatments you have more empathy because of your first hand experience. your ideas about abortion may never change but as you age and experience more of life for your self you will have more empathy and perhaps you won't be so cavalier as to tell women to just have a child or give one up for adoption.
True I may have more empathy the more I experience in life, I may not. I don't know and i'll let that happens when it happens but at the moment I am who I am and that is how I will discuss things. I try not to look into the future too much because it is so uncertain, so i'll just let it happen when it does.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
You asked me to tell you, so I did.
Since we've already established that you arent Gods messenger, and I highly doubt you're psychic, dont try to predict what I'll say. K?

It has to do with the subject at hand because you are advocating basically punishing women who have sex that dont want children, when you yourself have never even experienced the act that produces children, nor even a relationship (again, still a guess) .

"If you dont want to have the consequences then dont play the hanky panky" I believe that is along the lines of one of your posts, and demonstrates your lack of knowlege.

Life isnt that simple, and this isnt a black or white, Jump their bones or keep it in my pants kind of thing with most people. Most women I know of dont go around hopping from bed-to-bed very easily(we have names for women like that), and if a woman does have an abortion, I assure you it is done with ALOT of thought and a few sleepless nights. Getting an abortion isnt a casual decision.
If you don't want me to predict what you are going to say don't predict what you believe to be my life thus far. I have in fact been in a few relationships in the past, they didn't last long (for various reasons) but thats not the issue.

My dad always says the same thing, its not that simple, when in reality it sometimes is, sexual intercourse could very easily lead to becoming pregnant, no hoops have to be jumped through in order for it to happen. A woman does not have to be a **** (the word for women like that) to get pregnant irresponsibly. If the woman and the man decided to have sex and don't prepare heavily, just expect things to be simple and easy in life they deserve what comes to them, and if you do prepare and you get pregnant well thats life. If you get pregnant, it was because of a choice you made, and you have to live with that choice, it is irresponsible to expect an escape for you choices, you make them, calculated or not, and live with them.

The bold is the primary point of mine through this whole thread, I am all for choice just make sure your first is the correct one and you can live with what you choose to do.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:24 PM

13,819 posts, read 14,653,063 times
Quote:
True I may have more empathy the more I experience in life, I may not. I don't know and i'll let that happens when it happens but at the moment I am who I am and that is how I will discuss things. I try not to look into the future too much because it is so uncertain, so i'll just let it happen when it does.
unless you want to close your self off to emotion of life you will have more empathy as you experience things first hand. you feel strongly now about remaining a virgin and would not let anyone change your mind because of their ideas. why should others stop having sex, even protected sex because you think they should
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or