U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 PM
 
13,847 posts, read 14,683,529 times
Reputation: 11546

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
If you get pregnant, it was because of a choice you made, and you have to live with that choice, it is irresponsible to expect an escape for you choices, you make them, calculated or not, and live with them.
I am so glad society has given the right to women to be able to make their own choice. we no longer have to live with our "mistakes" if we choose not to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2010, 10:31 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,385,786 times
Reputation: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
unless you want to close your self off to emotion of life you will have more empathy as you experience things first hand. you feel strongly now about remaining a virgin and would not let anyone change your mind because of their ideas. why should others stop having sex, even protected sex because you think they should
I don't remember ever saying people should stop having sex, I just demand responsibility for their choices. I explained this in quite a bit of detail in post 269 if you wish to read it. I'd basically be rewriting the post I just wrote if I didn't tell you to see 269. There are even consequences for me that I have to live with being a virgin till marriage, I have to wait, and be the virgin at college parties, its not awesome but its what I choose to be and I live with the consequences that come with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,385,786 times
Reputation: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I am so glad society has given the right to women to be able to make their own choice. we no longer have to live with our "mistakes" if we choose not to
You didn't read the rest of the post I made, or you just chose the part that was convenient for you. I do not think it should be an option that women have a choice to just get out of there choice they made when they chose to have sex. They need to be responsible for their FIRST choice and the consequences they make for themselves, because if we say, oh well you made a mistake now, here is how you get out of it now, people will continue looking for ways out of things later in life also and its not going to happen. Maybe all people may not be this way but I don't want this to be taught in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 10:59 PM
 
13,847 posts, read 14,683,529 times
Reputation: 11546
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
You didn't read the rest of the post I made, or you just chose the part that was convenient for you. I do not think it should be an option that women have a choice to just get out of there choice they made when they chose to have sex. They need to be responsible for their FIRST choice and the consequences they make for themselves, because if we say, oh well you made a mistake now, here is how you get out of it now, people will continue looking for ways out of things later in life also and its not going to happen. Maybe all people may not be this way but I don't want this to be taught in the first place.

thanks for the number of the post to look at. most people don't consider sex as a choice when they are in a relationship, it is just part of life. that is the difference that comes with an adult sexual relationship. I have no doubt being a virgin causes you teasing from others, but it works for you. being sexual works for others. yes sh*t happens but that too is part of life. we don't stop driving because we might get in a car accident. should we not get the car fixed or should we drive it all banged up? you want what people should do, but people don't always do what they should. we have problems because of it, the problems don't go away so deal with the now, not with the I wish they wouldn't. can't turn your back on people because they live a different life style than you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 11:26 PM
 
8,743 posts, read 10,287,664 times
Reputation: 3386
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Oh and just a FYI Liberal Voice you are not my Voice not by any means, and when every anyone has anything to say about my above posts especially you Voice about your quote here, please, PLEASE speak up.
FYI, please, PLEASE speak up when YOU LEARN how to speak English properly. What is this "every anyone" "your voice"?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,385,786 times
Reputation: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
FYI, please, PLEASE speak up when YOU LEARN how to speak English properly. What is this "every anyone" "your voice"?

Oh you again, Ms. Broad-incredibly-rude-and-incorrect-generalization lady, shoo fly don't bother me. When you have something substantial to commit to this thread go for it until then bye bye, no need for a grammar nazi (As if your generalization post wasn't full of grammar mistakes as is).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 11:41 PM
 
8,743 posts, read 10,287,664 times
Reputation: 3386
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You guys are too funny. You are trying to defend his post as fact despite the FACT that his post begins with "Because in my opinion".

Then you further dig your hole with seriously contending this forum is representative of anything other than people with too much time on their hands.

Finally you ask if there are people who hold extreme views as if agreement with such would constitute some sort of proof of the truthfulness of the original unhappy and angry poster.

You guys made my night, really I haven't laughed this much in a long time thanks!
You guys made my night too. Never has there been a more pathetic group. Seriously. "Prolifers". The first paragraph started off as my opinion. But I did NOT WRITE that it is in my opinion that pro lifers whine socialism or abstinence only or are just plan pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
way to not answer the question!
Typical of right wingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I'm 23, a virgin, a male, wasn't home school, didn't go to a private school, didn't go to a boys school, don't have a hormone deficiency, so yea I know what its like to have insane urges (but you would have known all this if you read the thread). I'm beginning to think its human nature or American nature to be impulsive as hell, not care what comes of it, and when you run into a bind someone bales you out (I am referring to many things when I said this not just abortion).

But thanks for taking the time to tell me how I view things, couldn't have said it better myself, oh wait, I did.
Good for you. Thankfully for the rest of us, we also have choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I want her and the guy to take responsibility for their actions and have the baby. It should not be acceptable to say "woops I messed up, oh at least I have an abortion available to me." You don't get second chances in life all the time and thats what people need to learn to accept. The man and the woman have to take responsibility for creating something that will soon become a life.
But it is acceptable and always will be acceptable. The woman will always have to take responsibility but what about the men who run off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you want people to become parents even if they don't want the baby....have you given any thought to how a baby would feel about that? Or how well it would be raised?..... (Didn't think so)


Sorry but your posts have made it clear...a control issue with women.
Those are the Republican Family Values they love so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I know abortion will not go away if made illegal but those who choose to go do it anyway with a hanger are then criminals in my book, dumb ones at that, and should suffer the consequences from doing such an act.

Oh and you read through those 23-24 pages quite fast did you?
Let us hope that your sister, mother, aunt, cousin, DAUGHTER NEVER EVER end up being one of those "dumb criminals".

So why aren't you "prolife" for those women now? They could die having those kinds of abortions. Wait....I forgot. Only "prolife" in certain situations....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Why don't you inform me what exactly i'm not going to understand until then. I have made a pledge to myself not to have sex before marriage. I understand why people have sex, I know what is involved in sex, and I know what results of sex. If I say anything in previous posts that is wrong debate that. Do not debate what I do in my private life because that does not matter. The reason I brought it up was because I was trying to make the point that I have the same urges and "distractions" as everyone else yet, somehow, keep it in my pants.
You made a pledge. Good for you. It is your life. Thankfully, females are free to live how they want. I don't have to make pledge. I am also in your age range. I am 22 and a female. I am on birth control and very responsible. But **** happens. If I ever did end up getting pregnant, abortion would be an option for sure. I have too much on my plate to throw it away. Too much going for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Ok where to start (this is going to be fun ).

Because it is in my opinion that "prolifers" (notice the quotes) are the biggest liars, delusional (most being religious), moronic, uneducated, backward, and self centered scum.

In the first six words you already state yourself that its your opinion and not a fact. Normally people are confident when it comes to facts and don't have to add that little disclaimer. Biggest lairs: well I do tell the occasional white lie (never in debate) but if you say you don't and pro-choicers don't you ma'am are the lier. Delusional: nope sorry I hold two fingers up to my face I still see two, Religious: Was raised christian catholic but am not more agnostic. Lets see so far your 0-3, lets keep going. Moronic: you should be glad you are not referring directly to me because then you would be flagged for personal attacks. Uneducated: Have my high school diploma, currently going to college. Backward: Actually i'm quite forward. Self Centered scum: I don't think I qualify for scum I have bones and structure, as for being self centered I'd say no also, if you knew any of my friends you would know I am a great listener and can always lend great advice when things aren't going well. 0-7

"Prolifers" are pro life until you are born. After that, f**k you. They claim only liberals have abortions but we all know the religious righties do it when it is good for them. When pro freedom/choicers want to educate children about sex, they whine about thie "Christan" values. When we try to get health care for everyone(which is more pro life than many can hope to be) they WHINE about that too and scream "SOCIALISM".

Prolifers are pro life until you are born: sorry don't have a calendar for when certain people are born.

After that **** you: I don't think I have ever said **** you to anyone's face I tend to have respect for people.

They claim only liberals have abortions but we all know the religious righties do it when it is good for them: I don't remember claiming that, and actually I am liberal myself so bad example, as for the religious righties and people who change their morals when it is good for them, shame on those people.

When pro freedom/choicers want to educate children about sex, they whine about thie "Christan" values: Nope sorry, I say educated our children as much as possible about sex because god knows they will be ****ing like jack rabbits real soon.

When we try to get health care for everyone(which is more pro life than many can hope to be) they WHINE about that too and scream "SOCIALISM": don't you hate people like that, sorry I was for the health care reform and people who scream socialism have their head up their asses . Maybe you'll get something next paragraph good luck .

I am not talking about people who are against abortion in reasonable ways. Like I am against abortion after 3 or 4 months too. But before that, woman comes first. And men? They deserve ZERO say ESPECIALLY in cases of rape.

Someone is a bit sexist, I bet you are perfectly fine with taking the guy's money after the baby is born though, if you don't want the guy involved don't let the guy become involved . Oh and just an FYI rape is one of the cases where I bend my views on abortion.

Thanks for playing the stereotype game but you lose please try again .
Hell yeah. The man made her pregnant. You play, you pay. Men should be forced to be responsible....hmmm...where did I hear that before?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Oh you again, Ms. Broad-incredibly-rude-and-incorrect-generalization lady, shoo fly don't bother me. When you have something substantial to commit to this thread go for it until then bye bye, no need for a grammar nazi (As if your generalization post wasn't full of grammar mistakes as is).
BUZZ BUZZ! Bye bye? Thankfully YOU DON'T get to dictate what I say. Don't like what I say? Don't read it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 12:09 AM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,385,786 times
Reputation: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You guys made my night too. Never has there been a more pathetic group. Seriously. "Prolifers". The first paragraph started off as my opinion. But I did NOT WRITE that it is in my opinion that pro lifers whine socialism or abstinence only or are just plan pathetic.



Typical of right wingers.



Good for you. Thankfully for the rest of us, we also have choices.



But it is acceptable and always will be acceptable. The woman will always have to take responsibility but what about the men who run off?



Those are the Republican Family Values they love so much.

Let us hope that your sister, mother, aunt, cousin, DAUGHTER NEVER EVER end up being one of those "dumb criminals".

So why aren't you "prolife" for those women now? They could die having those kinds of abortions. Wait....I forgot. Only "prolife" in certain situations....



You made a pledge. Good for you. It is your life. Thankfully, females are free to live how they want. I don't have to make pledge. I am also in your age range. I am 22 and a female. I am on birth control and very responsible. But **** happens. If I ever did end up getting pregnant, abortion would be an option for sure. I have too much on my plate to throw it away. Too much going for me.



Hell yeah. The man made her pregnant. You play, you pay. Men should be forced to be responsible....hmmm...where did I hear that before?!



BUZZ BUZZ! Bye bye? Thankfully YOU DON'T get to dictate what I say. Don't like what I say? Don't read it.
This is a bit hard to quote because it doesn't quote the quotes you quoted also so forgive me, if I botch a few things.

Typical of right wingers.
Those are the Republican Family Values they love so much.


You might want to be careful with those sweeping generalizations, after I shot all yours down, you never learn.


But it is acceptable and always will be acceptable. The woman will always have to take responsibility but what about the men who run off?


If the man runs off the woman goes to court and bleeds the guy dry through child support and....GUESS WHAT....I SUPPORT THAT TOO bet you weren't expecting that.

Hell yeah. The man made her pregnant. You play, you pay. Men should be forced to be responsible....hmmm...where did I hear that before?!

From me? See above. I know you would like to think I keep forgetting about the guy but until someone brings it up it isn't brought up because this is a debate about abortion not child support payments.

Let us hope that your sister, mother, aunt, cousin, DAUGHTER NEVER EVER end up being one of those "dumb criminals".

So why aren't you "prolife" for those women now? They could die having those kinds of abortions. Wait....I forgot. Only "prolife" in certain situations....


Prepare to call me a heart-less **** but if anyone in their family threw their morals and minds away (they all believe the same as me), I wouldn't know them anymore. If your mom became a ***** and started using crack on the streets and abusing you and siblings (if you have any) would you still care about her? Same difference, throwing away morals and minds.

You made a pledge. Good for you. It is your life. Thankfully, females are free to live how they want. I don't have to make pledge. I am also in your age range. I am 22 and a female. I am on birth control and very responsible. But **** happens. If I ever did end up getting pregnant, abortion would be an option for sure. I have too much on my plate to throw it away. Too much going for me.

So you feel that just because you life is good now if **** happens you deserve an easy way out (and yes abortion would be the easy way out as opposed to losing everything you worked for). Thats not how it should work. Harsh? To bad thats the real world for ya. Laws should reflect how it really is, not to create a fantasy world where everything can be erased in one false swoop.

Oh and just so you know, I know what its like to have worked for long and hard and then one little mistake that I didn't really think of ruins it all. I was going to a great film school in chicago, state of the art facilities, would have left there with a great portfolio of work, and would have been part of the first graduating class. But one day off campus but during a class, I told a dumb joke about columbine and someone over heard, got freaked out, told the dean of students and BOOM, one choice I made, shot me in the ***** and I had to live with the decision I made, and it is going to effect me for the rest of my life, i'm not allowed back and that could have been a once in a life time opportunity. But guess what, i'm not pissed I made the choice and I have to live with the consequences and I know I can't just get out of things by getting a do over. Thats why I think abortion should be illegal, do overs are not realistic to the real world and the promote carelessness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 AM
 
21,483 posts, read 13,716,176 times
Reputation: 5948
The article is gone. For the person who wrote----we no longer have to live with our "mistakes" if we choose not to----that is naive.

We all live with our mistakes our whole lives. No one's life is without mistakes. Hopefully we learn from them and we don't keep making the same ones over and over again.

For those who have had an abortion, it may haunt them for the rest of their lives, no one knows. Abortion is not always the answer that makes everything go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 12:26 AM
 
8,743 posts, read 10,287,664 times
Reputation: 3386
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
This is a bit hard to quote because it doesn't quote the quotes you quoted also so forgive me, if I botch a few things.

Typical of right wingers.
Those are the Republican Family Values they love so much.


You might want to be careful with those sweeping generalizations, after I shot all yours down, you never learn.
LOL. Shot down?

Quote:

But it is acceptable and always will be acceptable. The woman will always have to take responsibility but what about the men who run off?


If the man runs off the woman goes to court and bleeds the guy dry through child support and....GUESS WHAT....I SUPPORT THAT TOO bet you weren't expecting that.
I am sure.

Quote:


Hell yeah. The man made her pregnant. You play, you pay. Men should be forced to be responsible....hmmm...where did I hear that before?!

From me? See above. I know you would like to think I keep forgetting about the guy but until someone brings it up it isn't brought up because this is a debate about abortion not child support payments.
We shall save this for another time.
Quote:

Let us hope that your sister, mother, aunt, cousin, DAUGHTER NEVER EVER end up being one of those "dumb criminals".

So why aren't you "prolife" for those women now? They could die having those kinds of abortions. Wait....I forgot. Only "prolife" in certain situations....


Prepare to call me a heart-less **** but if anyone in their family threw their morals and minds away (they all believe the same as me), I wouldn't know them anymore. If your mom became a ***** and started using crack on the streets and abusing you and siblings (if you have any) would you still care about her? Same difference, throwing away morals and minds.
Go figure.

I have morals therefore I WOULD care for my mother and sister or aunts if they became whores and used cracks. I was hit by my mother and she was nearly jailed....I had to go through therapy because my mother has put me through so much emotionally. But do I still care about her? Of course.
Quote:

You made a pledge. Good for you. It is your life. Thankfully, females are free to live how they want. I don't have to make pledge. I am also in your age range. I am 22 and a female. I am on birth control and very responsible. But **** happens. If I ever did end up getting pregnant, abortion would be an option for sure. I have too much on my plate to throw it away. Too much going for me.

So you feel that just because you life is good now if **** happens you deserve an easy way out (and yes abortion would be the easy way out as opposed to losing everything you worked for). Thats not how it should work. Harsh? To bad thats the real world for ya. Laws should reflect how it really is, not to create a fantasy world where everything can be erased in one false swoop.
Yes. Why not? And who said abortion is an easy way out? It takes a lot to think about it and then go through with it. And why should I let a stupid mistake get in the way of achieving what I want? You think I should drop college and work to raise something I never wanted? Thank goodness it isn't how you want it.
Quote:

Oh and just so you know, I know what its like to have worked for long and hard and then one little mistake that I didn't really think of ruins it all. I was going to a great film school in chicago, state of the art facilities, would have left there with a great portfolio of work, and would have been part of the first graduating class. But one day off campus but during a class, I told a dumb joke about columbine and someone over heard, got freaked out, told the dean of students and BOOM, one choice I made, shot me in the ***** and I had to live with the decision I made, and it is going to effect me for the rest of my life, i'm not allowed back and that could have been a once in a life time opportunity. But guess what, i'm not pissed I made the choice and I have to live with the consequences and I know I can't just get out of things by getting a do over. Thats why I think abortion should be illegal, do overs are not realistic to the real world and the promote carelessness.
So you get kicked out of school because of a lame joke so that equals to abortion becoming illegal? Pathetic.

I truly am sorry to hear you got kicked out of it over something as lame as a joke. I am surprised actually. I wonder what kind of a joke it was.

Do you KNOW the differences of getting kicked out of school versus having an unwanted pregnancy? Get real. You can go to another school or choose another career. What about the woman?

What a stupid comparison no offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:52 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top