U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 AM
 
8,743 posts, read 10,245,808 times
Reputation: 3385

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Like I said "tee hee, it's all about me"

You cannot even see beyond yourself that you're killing your own child/offspring because it's not convenient to you.

You might want to get over yourself.
And it is not self absorbed for you to want women to go through pregnancies they don't want to go through, beta "man" let?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Status: "Á la recherche d'un emploi" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,308 posts, read 21,863,821 times
Reputation: 23368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
And it is not self absorbed for you to want women to go through pregnancies they don't want to go through, beta "man" let?
His mantras remind me of the sheep in Orwell's Animal Farm. Four legs good, two legs bad = male tyranny good, freedom of choice bad. For all his bleatings, he still hasn't realized how lame and ineffective his argument is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 11:42 AM
 
13,751 posts, read 14,582,956 times
Reputation: 11454
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
There point here is that abortion is being used as a form of birth control, making the child pay the price for the parents' irresponsiblity. That is AVOIDING accountability for one's actions. You are advocating that women should be able to kill their offspring because they are inconvenient, despite voluntarily having sex, realizing what the consequences of sex are.

the percentage of women using abortion for birth control is small. no one would go through the emotional feelings of abortion, nor the actual surgery or the cost as a substitute for a very inexpensive form of BC. abortion is not murder no matter how much you say it is. you can give up sex but the rest of us won't.

Abortion shouldn't be a form of birth control, and people need to understand what the biological function of sex is. It seem there are too many adults here that don't realize that sex causes pregnancy.
everyone knows what sex is and that it can lead to pregnancy...please what a useless remark


Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Like I said "tee hee, it's all about me"

You cannot even see beyond yourself that you're killing your own child/offspring because it's not convenient to you.

You might want to get over yourself.
not murder, not a child. by the way you still have never answered besides side stepping and saying women will break the law, do you want an america that forces women to bear children against their will?

teehee all about me, making women bear and raise children they don't want. me, me, me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,450 posts, read 5,800,577 times
Reputation: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Translation: Tee hee, it's all about me, I should be able to do anything I want.

That's wonderful you think you have a fundamental right to kill your offspring because it's inconvenient to you. of course it should have to pay the price for your actions.. That's what a self absorbed person would think.
Yeah, my wife dying if she didn't have the abortion, and the baby wouldn't have lived anyways. That would've been a huge inconvenience all right.

The first childbirth already almost killed my wife. She literally almost died on the table. The doctor told her right hten and there that she would not be able to live through another one.

That's why I had no problems whatsoever with the abortion that she had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA
5,412 posts, read 3,456,817 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
everyone knows what sex is and that it can lead to pregnancy...please what a useless remark




not murder, not a child. by the way you still have never answered besides side stepping and saying women will break the law, do you want an america that forces women to bear children against their will?

teehee all about me, making women bear and raise children they don't want. me, me, me
If you're not willing to give up sex if it can result in pregnancy, then the fetus is pay ing the price for your decisions. How is that not incredibly selfish of you? How is that being a responsible adult?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA
5,412 posts, read 3,456,817 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
everyone knows what sex is and that it can lead to pregnancy...please what a useless remark




not murder, not a child. by the way you still have never answered besides side stepping and saying women will break the law, do you want an america that forces women to bear children against their will?

teehee all about me, making women bear and raise children they don't want. me, me, me
unless they were raped, it's not against their will.

Time to act like a grownup. The world doesn't revolve around your selfish desires/needs. Nobodoy else should pay the price for your actions/choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA
5,412 posts, read 3,456,817 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Yeah, my wife dying if she didn't have the abortion, and the baby wouldn't have lived anyways. That would've been a huge inconvenience all right.

The first childbirth already almost killed my wife. She literally almost died on the table. The doctor told her right hten and there that she would not be able to live through another one.

That's why I had no problems whatsoever with the abortion that she had.
That's not the b irth control abotion I'm against. You should actually read my comments. My problem is with women use use abortion as a form of birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,450 posts, read 5,800,577 times
Reputation: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
If you're not willing to give up sex if it can result in pregnancy, then the fetus is pay ing the price for your decisions. How is that not incredibly selfish of you? How is that being a responsible adult?
Here's the major difference: The fetus can't feel anything. The fetus doesn't even know what's going on. Since it doesn' thave a mind, or any coherent though process at the time of most abortions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA
5,412 posts, read 3,456,817 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
His mantras remind me of the sheep in Orwell's Animal Farm. Four legs good, two legs bad = male tyranny good, freedom of choice bad. For all his bleatings, he still hasn't realized how lame and ineffective his argument is.
Freedom of choice. What choice or say does your own child get that you kill? Your child will be rotting away in a dumpster because it was inconvenient to you. GRRRL POWER! Do you think gggrrrl power as your offspring rots in a dumpster because it wasn't convenient to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA
5,412 posts, read 3,456,817 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Here's the major difference: The fetus can't feel anything. The fetus doesn't even know what's going on. Since it doesn' thave a mind, or any coherent though process at the time of most abortions
How do you know that?

And the same could be said of infants. I have no memories until I was almost 2, so I basically wasn't even sentient back then. Should my mom be allowed to kill me until I become self aware?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:34 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top