U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,450 posts, read 5,819,196 times
Reputation: 2170

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
That's not the b irth control abotion I'm against. You should actually read my comments. My problem is with women use use abortion as a form of birth control.
And honestly I don't have a problem with that either. Is it selfish? Maybe. But humans are a selfish species anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,450 posts, read 5,819,196 times
Reputation: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
How do you know that?

And the same could be said of infants. I have no memories until I was almost 2, so I basically wasn't even sentient back then. Should my mom be allowed to kill me until I become self aware?
The fact that most fetuses at the time of abortions don't even have the organs to have anything remotely even close to infants? The mere fact is, I put the woman's bodily domain over a parasitic clump of cell's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:11 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,398 posts, read 21,956,258 times
Reputation: 23684
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Freedom of choice. What choice or say does your own child get that you kill? Your child will be rotting away in a dumpster because it was inconvenient to you. GRRRL POWER! Do you think gggrrrl power as your offspring rots in a dumpster because it wasn't convenient to you?
Abortion isn't killing a child. You're disingenuous when you say that, and even if you say it a million times over, it still isn't going to make it true. But your irrational howls in this thread are clear to anyone reading and possessing brain cells. Life must really suck for you to get so worked up about something you have zero control over.

Waaaa for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:15 PM
 
3,614 posts, read 3,050,755 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
How do you know that?

And the same could be said of infants. I have no memories until I was almost 2, so I basically wasn't even sentient back then. Should my mom be allowed to kill me until I become self aware?
How do we know the fetus doesn't have coherent thought? The human brain doesn't form viable memories until between 2 and 3. The Theory of Mind doesn't take place until the age of 3. The age of reason is generally considered to be around 8 years old, the age of majority at 18. The central nervous system doesn't finish ironing itself out until you're 25.

Why don't we kill any of these people? Because they already left the womb. Crazy how there is this nice dividing line between baby and fetus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Status: "Summer!" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,014 posts, read 102,634,943 times
Reputation: 33082
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
unless they were raped, it's not against their will.

Time to act like a grownup. The world doesn't revolve around your selfish desires/needs. Nobodoy else should pay the price for your actions/choices.
Do you know how difficult it is to prove rape, even when it happened? "It was consensual", "she was drunk", "she said 'no' but I knew she meant 'yes', blah, blah, blah. No witnesses, one person's word against another's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:32 PM
 
13,832 posts, read 14,662,123 times
Reputation: 11522
betamanlet, you never answer the question, asked many times now. do you want to live in an america that forces women to bear and rear children against their will?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA
5,412 posts, read 3,476,018 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Do you know how difficult it is to prove rape, even when it happened? "It was consensual", "she was drunk", "she said 'no' but I knew she meant 'yes', blah, blah, blah. No witnesses, one person's word against another's.
How many of the women who get abortions are claiming they have been raped?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA
5,412 posts, read 3,476,018 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
How do we know the fetus doesn't have coherent thought? The human brain doesn't form viable memories until between 2 and 3. The Theory of Mind doesn't take place until the age of 3. The age of reason is generally considered to be around 8 years old, the age of majority at 18. The central nervous system doesn't finish ironing itself out until you're 25.

Why don't we kill any of these people? Because they already left the womb. Crazy how there is this nice dividing line between baby and fetus.

So a premie who is born at 5 months who is on an incubator is a "baby" but the 9 month old one of the woman who is currently in labor, but hasn't not given birth yet, is not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:45 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,398 posts, read 21,956,258 times
Reputation: 23684
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
How many of the women who get abortions are claiming they have been raped?
The beauty of it is that it doesn't matter. She doesn't have to check off a box justifying her choice. Many women choose never to report a rape. They are not obligated to do so. Just like they are not obligated to justify their choices to anyone.

Read 'em and weep.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:52 PM
 
13,832 posts, read 14,662,123 times
Reputation: 11522
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
betamanlet, you never answer the question, asked many times now. do you want to live in an america that forces women to bear and rear children against their will?

gosh bet, you must have missed this yet again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top