U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 04:55 PM

2,943 posts, read 2,375,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Can you tell me what the definition of "is", is?
If you want to ask stupid questions like these you no longer deserve MY time. If you want to get serious again, i'll be happy to have serious discussions with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you miss the point. people will and do have sex. what do you want to do now. just saying you wish they wouldn't have sex or would be more responsible doesn't mean they are. so if you outlaw abortion then would you also support forcing the woman to bear the child? some people consider having an abortion taking responsibility. you are great at saying what people should do and leave it at that. which ignores the reality of what people have done and where they are at now. which is what you should be focusing on. not the gee I wish stuff
Yep the woman should be "forced" to bear the child if she gets pregnant. And your right just saying I wish the would be responsible doesn't mean they will, thats why, making abortion illegal, would force people to be responsible for their actions. Having an abortion is not taking responsibility (and i'm going to get bashed for saying this) because it is taking the easy way out, choosing what consequences you want to take and what you don't want. It should not be like that. Why do I say abortion is easier than carrying a baby for 9 months and then raising it for the rest of your life, well you can guess that part (hint read this sentence carefully).

Old 06-10-2010, 05:12 PM

13,760 posts, read 14,589,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Yep the woman should be "forced" to bear the child if she gets pregnant. And your right just saying I wish the would be responsible doesn't mean they will, thats why, making abortion illegal, would force people to be responsible for their actions. Having an abortion is not taking responsibility (and i'm going to get bashed for saying this) because it is taking the easy way out, choosing what consequences you want to take and what you don't want. It should not be like that. Why do I say abortion is easier than carrying a baby for 9 months and then raising it for the rest of your life, well you can guess that part (hint read this sentence carefully).

thanks for answering the question. in other words you support breeding camps like they had in nazi germany and it doesn't bother you that women would seek out back alley abortions, putting their lives in danger because, after all they had sex, knew on an off chance they might get pregnant. they made their bed now lay in it. great world this america of yours. glad that will never happen. women do not have to live by your morality. we have the right to reproductive freedom. our bodies, our choice. could care less if you think it is the easy way or not.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:29 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,519,412 times
Quote:
Even though i've already answered this question in this thread I suppose i'll humor you and answer again (frustrates me a bit when people just jump in threads without reading it all then re ask questions that have been previously answered but whatever).

I know you pro-choicers would love to clump all Pro-lifers into one boat like TheLiberalVoice tried to do earlier, and failed when describing me but unfortunately, I am not a piece cut out by the pro-life cookie cutter, I have my own views and opinions that I don't let other people influence easily (I can still be influenced but good luck).

As for why I care about rape victims, and not people who voluntarily messed around and screwed up, because rape victims didn't make the choice to do the act that can cause pregnancy in the first place. People who have sex willingly know its a risk and they take that risk anyway and what comes to them comes to them. For rape victims, sex is forced on them. Now go at distorting my words and making me a hypocrite somehow, fortunately for me its quite easy to predict pro-choicers most of the time.

Also I wasn't sidestepping anything, I was just stating how you were a hypocrite because you jump on me about looking at one point of quotes and then you go and do the same thing for a quote of mine. I don't side step questions, unlike the person who told me I had to get out more when I asked two quite direct questions.
OK, you don't think abortion is bad because if a women's raped abortion is OK.

IF you think abortion is bad only when the woman has consensual sex than you have a control/power issue which has NOTHING to do with abortion....just control/punishment of women (who enjoyed sex without YOU ,,LOL!)

Old 06-10-2010, 05:39 PM

12,982 posts, read 12,217,889 times
Quote:
You weren't alive pre Roe v. Wade, and based on your posts you have not done any research on the subject. Educate yourself. Your assumption that every unwanted pregnancy is the result of some drunken romp with a stranger is flippant and insulting to the women who have had to make such a heartwrenching decision. Yes certainly some seeking back-street abortion were women who used poor judgement, but certainly not the majority. It was not uncommon for married women to seek out abortion when they knew they could not afford another child, women who did not want to lose their jobs, athletes, the list is endless and not what you think nor what you are insinuating. And contrary to what you believe, most people are not irresponsible, no contraception is 100%.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You weren't alive pre Roe v. Wade, and based on your posts you have not done any research on the subject. Educate yourself. Your assumption that every unwanted pregnancy is the result of some drunken romp with a stranger is flippant and insulting to the women who have had to make such a heartwrenching decision. Yes certainly some seeking back-street abortion were women who used poor judgement, but certainly not the majority. It was not uncommon for married women to seek out abortion when they knew they could not afford another child, women who did not want to lose their jobs, athletes, the list is endless and not what you think nor what you are insinuating. And contrary to what you believe, most people are not irresponsible, no contraception is 100%.
I will respond when I get back from dinner. Its my 23rd bday today and I need a break be back in about an hour.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:47 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,066,418 times
At 10 weeks on an ultra sound the baby's little arms are waving and little legs are kicking.
The baby is your baby.
The guy you slept with might very well walk out the door but your baby is your baby forever.
Nobody will ever love you like your baby will.
Is that not worth making a sacrifice for?
All of the crazy Hitler stuff can very well be reversed with piles and piles of all the dead babies killed in America.
Do they reach heaven?
All the lives taken because someone doesn't want to be bothered with the best thing that ever happened to them.
They were your gift.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:53 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,519,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
At 10 weeks on an ultra sound the baby's little arms are waving and little legs are kicking.
The baby is your baby.
The guy you slept with might very well walk out the door but your baby is your baby forever.
Nobody will ever love you like your baby will.
Is that not worth making a sacrifice for?
All of the crazy Hitler stuff can very well be reversed with piles and piles of all the dead babies killed in America.
Do they reach heaven?
All the lives taken because someone doesn't want to be bothered with the best thing that ever happened to them.
They were your gift.
Your opinion.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:58 PM

30,194 posts, read 16,569,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Sarah Palin had an abortion?
Please. Do people like you have no shame?

Old 06-10-2010, 05:58 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,066,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Your opinion.
It is not my opinion about what your baby is doing inside of you at 10 weeks.
In the absolute worse case, your child may grow up to hate you but your child will always love you.
If that makes any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or