U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-10-2010, 09:30 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,398 posts, read 7,128,975 times
Reputation: 2839

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
She has every right to have sex. And every right to an abortion.
Aw gee, thanks! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
This isn't about abortion, it's about punishing people for having sex. That is archaic. Why do you see it as necessary to sexually oppress women?
'cause maybe some people in this thread um.."aint gettin none", and are cranky about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2010, 09:32 PM
 
3,614 posts, read 3,041,553 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
'cause maybe some people in this thread um.."aint gettin none", and are cranky about it.


That's what I don't understand. Men cannot get pregnant, so they are not the ones being sexually oppressed by this archaic form of sexual healthy and wellbeing. Instead, it becomes the woman's problem. She is being infidelious! Crucify her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 09:41 PM
 
8,494 posts, read 7,644,694 times
Reputation: 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

So why is an abortion due to rape NOT taking a life?
It's still taking a life, but if you can't comprehend the difference between a rapist who wasn't polite enough to bring a condom to the criminal act and asking the rape VICTIM who ended up pregnant because of an unwilling violation to her body to carry the baby to term vs. a woman who willingly had sex and threw all caution to the wind and uses abortion as a form of birth control....

Seriously? It still just comes down to personal responsibility.


Quote:
No, you can't have it both ways.
Sure you can. Circumstances allow for someone who committed murder to NOT be sent to jail for life while others will get 3 life sentences. All in the ways and means.

Quote:
IF you believe abortion becomes OK if the pregnancy is the result of rape


then you think abortion is OK.
No. Not at all. Pro-abortionists don't take into account the reasons. It's a "get rid of it for whatever reason". No personal responsibility required.

Quote:
BTW, do you plan on changing human nature before your 25th birthday or do you think it may take a year or two longer
Human nature? Are you kidding? There are laws to protect against "human nature".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 09:46 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,398 posts, read 7,128,975 times
Reputation: 2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
So don't have sex. Unless you've been living on a rock, you know what sex causes.

As it happens, sex for me at the moment is a bit like Christmas...it only comes around once a year for a few weeks or so.

But, sweetie pie, you can bet your little betamanlet boots that when my SO is home and I get the chance I'll jump at it and make the earth move. Most grown, sane women I know of would do the same.
Oh, and dont try to tell me what to do and not to do.Im not the one here with the mentality of someone that has been living on a rock.

Seriously, you have a penis. You dont have to worry about getting pregnant. So how about you leave that decision to the sex that DOES have to worry about it? Hmm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 09:49 PM
 
8,743 posts, read 10,251,401 times
Reputation: 3385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post

As it happens, sex for me at the moment is a bit like Christmas...it only comes around once a year for a few weeks or so.

But, sweetie pie, you can bet your little betamanlet boots that when my SO is home and I get the chance I'll jump at it and make the earth move. Most grown, sane women I know of would do the same.
Oh, and dont try to tell me what to do and not to do.Im not the one here with the mentality of someone that has been living on a rock.

Seriously, you have a penis. You dont have to worry about getting pregnant. So how about you leave that decision to the sex that DOES have to worry about it? Hmm?
Because he didn't like the fact that he couldn't control his ex wife, perhaps? Or daughters perhaps? His ex wife didn't want to shake his little beta"man"let boots.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that they loathe the idea of a female who can take care of herself and has freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 09:52 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,519,412 times
Reputation: 5930
Join Date: Jun 2008
198 posts, read 57,382 times
Reputation: 69

Sawdustmaker

[quote=Who?Me?!;14566329]

So why is an abortion due to rape NOT taking a life? [quote]

Sawdust:It's still taking a life, but if you can't comprehend the difference between a rapist who wasn't polite enough to bring a condom to the criminal act and asking the rape VICTIM who ended up pregnant because of an unwilling violation to her body to carry the baby to term vs. a woman who willingly had sex"""



I understand the difference between forced sex and consensual sex, what YOU don't understand is that an abortion is an abortion. IF you say it's NOT OK if the woman had consensual sex but OK if it was rape then you don't give a damn about abortion it's ONLY about controlling/punishing women.




"""and threw all caution to the wind and uses abortion as a form of birth control....

Seriously? It still just comes down to personal responsibility.


Quote:
No, you can't have it both ways.
Sure you can. Circumstances allow for someone who committed murder to NOT be sent to jail for life while others will get 3 life sentences. All in the ways and means."""


NO, you cannot say abortion is wrong in one instance and OK in another...that means it's NOT NOT the abortion you're concerned about...it's controlling/punishing the woman YOU are most concerned with.

Quote:Who?Me?!
IF you believe abortion becomes OK if the pregnancy is the result of rape


then you think abortion is OK. ""

Sawdust:No. Not at all. Pro-abortionists don't take into account the reasons. It's a "get rid of it for whatever reason". No personal responsibility required.""

Quote:Who?Me?!
BTW, do you plan on changing human nature before your 25th birthday or do you think it may take a year or two longer



Sawdust:"""Human nature? Are you kidding? There are laws to protect against "human nature". ""


Who?Me?! UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Johknip POSTED he wanted to change human nature.....the remark was directed at him BUT for the rest of the anti-choicers it would be wise to acknowledge it just won't change....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 09:55 PM
 
8,494 posts, read 7,644,694 times
Reputation: 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
WOW, talk about taking away an actual living persons rights. It certainly is a slippery slope forcing someone to be a human incubator against their will don't you think?
An actual walking around, breathing in O2 person has a choice to make. Before they get pregnant. The baby has no choice. The baby is the only victim.

It's not a life sentence if you choose adoption. No one who willingly had sex is a victim of an unwanted pregnancy.

It's SO much easier to NOT get pregnant.

But and since abortion is legal, and that will never change, go for it. All I would like is that it not be used as birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,375,462 times
Reputation: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I have twisted nothing.

Why are you against abortion? You say it's because it takes a life.

So why is an abortion due to rape NOT taking a life?

I don't know where I have argued so far in this thread that abortion takes a life, I used to argue that but I realize i'm not gonna win that way so I have changed my views.

No, you can't have it both ways.

I can because I say I can.

IF you believe abortion becomes OK if the pregnancy is the result of rape


then you think abortion is OK.

Only if it is done in response to rape. Not everything is so black and white even though I know you want to see it that way.

If you think there's a difference in abortion due to rape as opposed to abortion not due to rape then it isn't the fetus you're worried about ....it's the wish to control/punish women for having sex.

Ok then yea I want to control and punish women for having sex, because anyone who thinks you can have sex without consequence (punishment) is not well informed. But I am not sexist because I believe men should be punished also if the woman gets pregnant. The man should be expected to stay and help raise the baby, and if he chooses to run off then he will be forced to pay child support which I support.



BTW, do you plan on changing human nature before your 25th birthday or do you think it may take a year or two longer

I don't know what my 25th bday has to do with anything.
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,519,412 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
.
So why are you against abortion???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,375,462 times
Reputation: 974
Quote:

Sawdust:It's still taking a life, but if you can't comprehend the difference between a rapist who wasn't polite enough to bring a condom to the criminal act and asking the rape VICTIM who ended up pregnant because of an unwilling violation to her body to carry the baby to term vs. a woman who willingly had sex"""



I understand the difference between forced sex and consensual sex, what YOU don't understand is that an abortion is an abortion. IF you say it's NOT OK if the woman had consensual sex but OK if it was rape then you don't give a damn about abortion it's ONLY about controlling/punishing women.




"""and threw all caution to the wind and uses abortion as a form of birth control....

Seriously? It still just comes down to personal responsibility.


Quote:
No, you can't have it both ways.
Sure you can. Circumstances allow for someone who committed murder to NOT be sent to jail for life while others will get 3 life sentences. All in the ways and means."""


NO, you cannot say abortion is wrong in one instance and OK in another...that means it's NOT NOT the abortion you're concerned about...it's controlling/punishing the woman YOU are most concerned with.

Quote:Who?Me?!
IF you believe abortion becomes OK if the pregnancy is the result of rape


then you think abortion is OK. ""

Sawdust:No. Not at all. Pro-abortionists don't take into account the reasons. It's a "get rid of it for whatever reason". No personal responsibility required.""

Quote:Who?Me?!
BTW, do you plan on changing human nature before your 25th birthday or do you think it may take a year or two longer



Sawdust:"""Human nature? Are you kidding? There are laws to protect against "human nature". ""


Who?Me?! UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Johknip POSTED he wanted to change human nature.....the remark was directed at him BUT for the rest of the anti-choicers it would be wise to acknowledge it just won't change....
You really need to learn how to quote better, not hard, because what you just wrote is practically unreadable. Also unless you want to be known as a Pro-abortionist, I would refrain from calling all pro-lifers, anti-choicers, sign of respect (yea that funny thing respect who needs it right )?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:32 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top