U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 09:22 PM

2,943 posts, read 2,383,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
No, it won't

All you do is:
1) hit Edit
2) where you didn't bold put {/quote}
3) at the end of your bold reply you put {quote}

Repeat until you get to the end.

replace {} with []

-- and if you practice doing that for every reply, you get used to it, and find adding in the end quotes to be very easy, and non intrusive

also:

PRO-CHOICE doesn't mean pro-abortion; it means that YOU and the GOVT stay out of women's personal lives and let them MAKE their own decisions on how to deal with their own bodies.
Okie I just did it the way I did it because its simple and straight forward feel free to respond now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
OMG... I SAID TO EDIT Your reply.
MY GOD whats wrong with it now. I have other things to do so if you don't want to state your opinion on what I just said, and it is in an easily quotable form then, so be it.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 PM

7,541 posts, read 5,353,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Okie I just did it the way I did it because its simple and straight forward feel free to respond now.

I dont see an edit to your reply. Please edit so one can reply to you correctly

Old 06-20-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
MY GOD whats wrong with it now. I have other things to do so if you don't want to state your opinion on what I just said, and it is in an easily quotable form then, so be it.
you did nothing of the sorty. you simply copy and pasted your reply with MY quotes in your reply. ^that doesn't make it easy to reply to.

Edit your reply to add in the end quotes properly. It wont take you more than 10 seconds to do so. You just wasted four posts, when you could have simply edited your original reply.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:29 PM

done and done.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Technically, just about everyone in this thread or on this forum for that matter responds in that sort of "its me or the highway" sort of way. There is no convincing you either, because you also believe it is you or nothing else. Am I wrong?
Yes it is "its me or the highway" however, the approach of your "its me or the highway" is that your comments are towards the restriction of rights against women.

As has been demonstrated by your very own replies.

Pro-choice supporters are not taking away the rights of anyone. Our "its me or the highway" claim is protecting the rights of women.

YOU want to take that away.

Quote:
Reality is based in 'rules' or 'laws' that people set for other people. At the moment my 'rules' aren't the law so your right it isn't reality but people do influence reality by putting laws in place saying you can do this or you can't do that.
But its your belief and the beliefs of many anti-abortion supporters is that they want to make the law so that it RESTRICTS women's rights.

They don't see it that way, because they are so focused on the supposed "rights" of a fetus (which in LAW has no rights)

Quote:
I never said it was a sin, and I am a virgin and am the healthiest in my family, much healthier than those having sex, so I think saying it is important to our health is a bunch of hogwash.
I never said you said it was a sin. I am taking the statements of several anti-abortion supporters who have claimed that sex is a sin, and abortion is a sin.

You think that sex is good for your health is hogwash? Then you haven't bothered to research:
Is Sex Necessary? - Forbes.com
10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
Health Benefits of Weekly Sex - Newsweek
Sex does the body good - Forbes.com- msnbc.com
Best Reason to Have Sex: Your Health - ABC News
Discovery Health :: Exercises for Sex

It's physically and mentally healthy for a person to engage in sex, and often.

Quote:
Exactly thats what I have been trying to say. I don't see how we should be allowed to choose what our consequence should be if we make the choice to have sex (or do anything for that matter)
And what makes you think that women who accidentally get pregnant are not dealing with their consequence of the act?

They are already emotionally tied to the issue; why would you further emotionally burden then with taking away their rights as to what to do with their pregnancy?

Who are you to determine what they do with their own bodies?

Quote:
And if the person gets into a car accident while wearing a seat belt but driving recklessly do you believe he should then get somebodies donated organs even though he was reckless?
and of course you missed the entire point of the example.

Whether one drives recklessly or not (and I dont know why you brought up the organ donation issue, because I stated in my example that the person died in the accident, even though he/she was wearing a seatbelt), you take the chance that you may get into an accident, so you take every safety precaution available to you. By choosing to use the seat belt, you lessen the possibility of dying in a car accident; however it will not 100% protect you in an accident.

Same with sex and birth control. the couple can be using every birth control known to man (condom, with IUD, birth control pills etc) and still the woman could end up pregnant.

That of course is not the issue. What you anti-abortion people want to do is punish the woman, take away the rights for her to choose what she can do with that pregnancy.

The only issue that its is between her and the doctor to give her the choices she has available to her.

You need to get off the "well, its a responsibility issue; be responsible don't have sex, cause you can get pregnant" issue.

Because one can be responsible 99% of the time, and it takes the failure of a one man made contraption that gets her pregnant.

And what in the case of married couples. What if they dont want kids, and do everything in the power to enjoy a healthy marriage (with sex) and the wife gets accidentally pregnant. What if that couple is not ready to have kids? By your statements, then they shouldn't have had sex if they didn't want to have a baby.

Wow, what kind of backasswards thinking is that?

Quote:
I have already stated my views on this. Pro-choice is pro-abortion, because those who are pro-life are not all of a sudden pro-choice just because they choose to have a baby or put it up for adoption, no one is trying to outlaw that. The one thing that sets the "pro-choicers" apart from others is their view on abortion and thats why I believe pro-choice is just a cover for the less nice sounding pro-abortion.

And you'd be wrong, as has been pointed to you repeatedly in this thread: pro-choice isn't pro-abortion - NEVER HAS and NEVER WILL.. There's a reason why CHOICE is in that thinking - its PRO , having women HAVE A CHOICE about what they can do with their bodies, and its not for you, the GOVT; not FOR ANYONE except that woman to decide.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:24 AM

1,779 posts, read 3,488,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
can't rep this post enough. people have sex. pro choice is about the option of giving birth, adoption or abortion. a woman's choice is about her right to privacy and her right to control her own reproductive body
I won't get into the abortion debate but a woman should certainly NOT have sole discretion regarding putting children up for adoption. Once the child is out of her body it is no longer solely her choice about her "reproductive rights". Adoption has nothing to do with her body or privacy and everything to do with avoiding responsibility.

Either both parents agree to put the child up for adoption or both parents are on the hook for raising the child/child support.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:59 AM

13,834 posts, read 14,667,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
I won't get into the abortion debate but a woman should certainly NOT have sole discretion regarding putting children up for adoption. Once the child is out of her body it is no longer solely her choice about her "reproductive rights". Adoption has nothing to do with her body or privacy and everything to do with avoiding responsibility.

Either both parents agree to put the child up for adoption or both parents are on the hook for raising the child/child support.
when the father is out of the picture she certainly has the right to put a child up for adoption without consulting anyone .

Old 06-27-2010, 11:54 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,490,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post

Ok. Hows about a pre sex agreement between parties stating what their intentions are if they get pregnant? It may sound stupid, but there would be no surprises after the fact.

It sounds dumb, but I'll bet a lot of guys who would not opt for abortion would be having a lot less sex than they now do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or