U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2010, 03:17 AM

2,943 posts, read 2,385,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it isn't up to us if we "don't want them to have sex" we have no control over that. that is why is my child or any young women finds herself pregnant even if it was just because she got carried away one night, I don't think she should have to pay for that mistake along with her baby for the rest of both their lives. that is just compounding the mistake. a young women who has an abortion "learns a lesson" the lesson is for her to interpret.
i do have responses to your responses and im glad we can have a rational conversation but i will respond to them when my brain turns back on because it is now 4:17 am and i am tired as hell good nite *insert sleepy smiley if there was one* xD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 03:19 AM

13,847 posts, read 14,680,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
i do have responses to your responses and im glad we can have a rational conversation but i will respond to them when my brain turns back on because it is now 4:17 am and i am tired as hell good nite *insert sleepy smiley if there was one* xD
sleep tight

Old 06-08-2010, 03:28 AM

14,810 posts, read 14,022,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
to be fair to women an early abortion seems more a woman's right and choice-- but late abortion looks a whole lot like a kid killing.

Exactly the way I feel, too, Huck. Early in the pregnancy, OK with me but at some point it becomes infanticide.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:22 AM

1,810 posts, read 3,612,406 times
George Carlin (RIP) said it best ...
Quote:
"Did you ever notice that the people who are against abortion are the ones no one would want to have sex with?"
(I cleaned that up a bit)

Old 06-09-2010, 05:54 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,500,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Oh please, i'm all for freedom but i'm also all for consequence, let me tell a story of my own to explain...

One day I was going to a great film school in Chicago, I would have been part of the first graduating class and I was almost half way finished. One day though I got stupid. I told a joke off campus (but still in class) about columbine. Looking back on it it was a dumb thing to do because someone overheard it and felt threatened by it. They promptly told the dean of students and I explained myself and they suspended me telling me they would do all they could to get me to come back because I was a good student and they realized it was an accident. The next day I was expelled. My mom putting me in an out patient program at a behavioral health hospital for about a month and I was diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome.

Even though I wish I was still there I made my bed and I have to sleep in it so I had no one to blame but myself.

Yeah its hard to wait, I went through puberty, had testosterone raging threw me. I wanted it everyday but I controlled myself because I have morals AND because i knew the consequences. Just because it was their and I wanted it bad did not mean I got to act on it.

Their are some people out there who like drinking ALOT. But when they pickle their liver and need a transplant, they ain't getting it because they did it to themselves tough world but thats the way it turns.
I concur.
Everything has consequences.
Those consequences change over time in some cases.

Both of my siblings are careless drivers.
One, decades ago, had an accident and had a leg mangled and removed. He spent most of his life on crutches or a wheel chair.
Later, the other sibling's carelessness caused a similar mishap. By that time, though, medical science had changed and enabled him to get a prosthesis.

So, the second guy ended up with different consequences than the first.

If we are able to have abortions, we will. That is the consequence of some/many unwanted pregnancies.

In cave man days the consequences of breaking a leg was probably death.

There was a time in which women were slaves to their biology. Months of their lives were taken during pregnancy and then they were chained to rearing them, sometimes with a potentate of a husband who they could not afford to leave. The other alternative was often life as a spinster with no affection and lonely.

God blessed us, though, with modern science and medicine and freed us from the slavery of biology. We can now be assured that careers and talents will not be interrupted with kids we don't want. The consequences of sex can be a happy, but free, relationship with further entanglement only when we want it.

Thank God that He gave us the brains to change consequences.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:59 AM

19,891 posts, read 16,338,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So now you want to control what women do no matter where in the world they live?
This has nothing to do with the US.

I'm Not Sorry.net: Celebrating The Right To Choose
I'mNotSorry.net is a site where women can share their positive experiences with abortion. The stories posted on this site may contain graphic descriptions of medical procedures, as well as attitudes that may not be in current vogue. We welcome all visitors of all opinions as long as they are respectful of our views.

Are you saying that in your entire life you never regretted an action you took?
Really?

Are you suggesting that women (and men for that matter) are not controlled now? If you take a knife and stab you husband what do you suppose willl happen to you?

Old 06-09-2010, 05:59 AM

41,492 posts, read 51,440,745 times
I like the line about "trapping the father so I wouldn't be lonely". Does she have any idea what living with an imprisoned man would be like? Loneliness would be a relief.

BTW - if you want affection get a DOG.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I like the line about "trapping the father so I wouldn't be lonely". Does she have any idea what living with an imprisoned man would be like? Loneliness would be a relief.

BTW - if you want affection get a DOG.

Wow, do you need to talk?

Old 06-09-2010, 06:17 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,500,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Are you suggesting that women (and men for that matter) are not controlled now? If you take a knife and stab you husband what do you suppose willl happen to you?
If a man forced himself on me against my will I would feel entitled to stab him, wouldn't you?

I am controller of my own life, as much as is possible. I will control my life as I see fit and as much as in my ability so that no unwanted and unasked for impositions be put on me. Most times, when people have sex, they are not doing it to have children.

Just like men have always been able to do.

By the by, I fail to understand why the anti-abortion crowd is not spitting the same venom at men. The abortion is a consequence of two parties of different sexes, last I heard.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
If a man forced himself on me against my will I would feel entitled to stab him, wouldn't you?

I am controller of my own life, as much as is possible. I will control my life as I see fit and as much as in my ability so that no unwanted and unasked for impositions be put on me. Most times, when people have sex, they are not doing it to have children.

Just like men have always been able to do.

By the by, I fail to understand why the anti-abortion crowd is not spitting the same venom at men. The abortion is a consequence of two parties of different sexes, last I heard.
OK you are changing the parameters, to argue that abortion is unreasonable control of a womans body is weak. Women (as well as men) have contrants on their bodies. You simply can't do what you want when you want all the time.

The pro life crowd would probably be as concerned with men and abortion if men had any rights with regard to abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or