Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 02:18 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,493 times

Advertisements

Going out for lunch now so responses might take a bit.

I just also want to note, I am not an unacceptable person, if someone can provide an argument that can change my mind about abortion I will do so. Its not likely but I am always open to expanding what I think and believe. I was raised christian catholic but am now more agnostic, I used to hate tomatoes but now like them lol. Be back soon .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 02:18 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you still have not answered the question if you prefer women to be forced to give birth against their will or forced to seek out back alley abotions if abortion was illegal.

to your question above, again a woman who has done all they can to not be pregnant she should not be forced to bear a child, raise it or give it up for adoption just because her BC failed. women have the right to control our own reproductive systems
You act like those are the only two options. They coudl, you know, RESPECT the law and not break it?

There's a THIRD option, that you aren't posing. And that's to respect the law. Unless you think women are inherently incapable of obeying laws.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:20 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
An abortion isn't killing a child. It is removing an embryo. And the law doesn't particularly care if you agree with the terminology, or the act. The law allows for the removal, end of discussion. Your histrionics are laughable. Hence, my comment about the irony of you mentioning sociopathic tendencies when describing people who are pro-choice.
Easier to kill something if you dont' consider it human. That's what the nazis did with jews, and how whites justified slavery, or not giving blacks rights, because they didn't consider them to be human beings.

I'm curious, is that "embryo" you are "removing" a human or a chicken embryo?

Old 06-09-2010, 02:24 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Part 2:

I don't see how, pulling out isn't scientific and you don't need to buy anything to do it so that may be why you think its a joke but as far as I know you need to ejaculate into the vagina in order for the sperm to move up the woman to the egg and if you ejaculate into a towel or on her (her choice or you get slapped) it doesn't enter her? Sure some people can't hold it or don't know when they are about to climax but for those who do can you explain how it wouldn't work? again joh you need to do a bit more reading about biology there are little swimmers that escape before ejaculation that can get a woman pregnant. this is why it is a joke to think it is a viable BC.

if you really think people can abstain then why is it that most who practice this are in fact truly sexually active just not going "all the way" if you can't truly abstain or see any reason not to have sex at all, even minus the penetration then I would say you at least have some understanding of why it is unreasonable to think that most people would just give up sex. talking about abstaining and still engaged in forms of sex that get you off is hypocritical at best. try really abstaining

Part 1: Ok for those people who don't abstain and ALL methods of birth control fail, they should hopefully be happy they were prepared financially
now you don't make any rational sense, people take BC because they don't want children or are not financially able to care for a child. how could they be happy to find themselves in a position of having a child when they were not ready in any way?
and then yes they should have the baby, its the consequence of not abstaining (which is possible just so you know), and I don't mind if she puts it in for adoption, you obviously have never been a parent to be able to causally say a woman should just give up her child for adoption. she needs to know that having sex can create a life, but if she cannot raise the child put it up for an adoption. Commence with you adoption horror stories *prepares the "research adoption agencies rebuttal"*.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:30 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,706 times
I feel abortion is murder myself but our country has made a law saying people can do it. Since they have made this law, we have to sit on the sidelines and watch it happen.
I think anyone going for an abortion should have to watch a film of one before they are allowed to have one.
If you get a traffic ticket and go to a class, it will not be reported to your insurance company.
It teaches you a lot, I know because I got one.
Before choosing abortion, watch a film and see what you want to do then.
As long as this is a law, please realize what you are really doing.
I have been driving for almost 50 years, got one speeding ticket and will never get another one. I could have killed another person but I was to young and dumb to even think about that part of it.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:34 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Easier to kill something if you dont' consider it human. That's what the nazis did with jews, and how whites justified slavery, or not giving blacks rights, because they didn't consider them to be human beings.

Who said it wasn't human? I said it wasn't a child. Are you not capable of honest debate? See your post below:

Quote:
They coudl, you know, RESPECT the law and not break it?

There's a THIRD option, that you aren't posing. And that's to respect the law. Unless you think women are inherently incapable of obeying laws.
"The law" is that women can have abortions. Can you take a dose of your own medicine and respect the law, i.e. Roe v Wade? I have my doubts.

Incidentally, who do you think should be blamed and prosecuted for "killing a child" when the embryo or fetus spontaneously ejects? You are aware, of course, that miscarriages are very common occurrences. A pregnancy is not a child - it is the possibility of a child.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Going out for lunch now so responses might take a bit.

I just also want to note, I am not an unacceptable person, if someone can provide an argument that can change my mind about abortion I will do so. Its not likely but I am always open to expanding what I think and believe. I was raised christian catholic but am now more agnostic, I used to hate tomatoes but now like them lol. Be back soon .
I am glad you are open to all thoughts, it really is the only way to go

Old 06-09-2010, 02:40 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,706 times
Quote:

Exactly, but they don't want to know.
They will know eventually though and it will be sad.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
You act like those are the only two options. They coudl, you know, RESPECT the law and not break it?

abortion is legal. women do obey the laws, what are you talking about not obey law for??? yes there are three choices, that is what it is about choice

Old 06-09-2010, 03:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Exactly, but they don't want to know.
They will know eventually though and it will be sad.
Most women know exactly what they're going through when they decide to get an abortion. My best friend had one a few years back and she absolutely knew what was going to happen and how it was going to be done.

Does she still think about it? Absolutely.
Does she regret it? Not one bit.

You aren't giving women a lot of credit, you know. You're assuming they're all stupid and are walking into an abortion clinic having no idea what's going to happen. Then, of course, you get all the awesome people yelling at them and showing them blown up pictures of 'aborted fetuses' and telling them they're going to hell for what they're about to do.

Let women make up their own minds, we're not as stupid as you might think we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies