Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 07:36 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times

Advertisements

There point here is that abortion is being used as a form of birth control, making the child pay the price for the parents' irresponsiblity. That is AVOIDING accountability for one's actions. You are advocating that women should be able to kill their offspring because they are inconvenient, despite voluntarily having sex, realizing what the consequences of sex are.

Abortion shouldn't be a form of birth control, and people need to understand what the biological function of sex is. It seem there are too many adults here that don't realize that sex causes pregnancy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 09:10 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
When did I say you should have to stay a virgin till 32. And what is so special about 32??? Plus you said you were married right? I'll restate why doesn't your husband get his tube tied if you guys don't want children. Yes I remember no one will touch you thats why I just said your husband. Or remember your Clorox strategy and how I modified it ever so much, its not a scientific solution so you may need to experiment just as your friend did. I'm sure you'll get your sterility eventually. Good luck .
32 years of age is the lowest age that any of my local area surgeons will perform a tubal ligation if you haven't had children. Yes, I've looked around.

And no, I'm not married yet. We have our reasons to wait.

And I'm not going to force my boyfriend into a surgery he doesn't want yet... he doesn't deal well with anesthesia so I'm not going to push it.

No one will touch me? Before I was in this relationship I had zero problems getting dates. In fact, I still get asked out quite often but politely decline.

And that was not MY clorox strategy...I think you're getting posters mixed up.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:46 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Abortion is legal, abortion is safe. Hallelujah

People who don't like it - I have this to say:

Suck it up buttercup, because it's here to stay.

If you don't like abortions? Well then, don't have one. Simple as that!

Have a great day y'all - oh and to the imbecile who suggested that a woman "go lesbian" to avoid getting pregnant - grow the hell up. Sexual orientation isn't a choice.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Abortion is legal, abortion is safe. Hallelujah

People who don't like it - I have this to say:

Suck it up buttercup, because it's here to stay.

If you don't like abortions? Well then, don't have one. Simple as that!

Have a great day y'all - oh and to the imbecile who suggested that a woman "go lesbian" to avoid getting pregnant - grow the hell up. Sexual orientation isn't a choice.
Translation: Tee hee, it's all about me, I should be able to do anything I want.

That's wonderful you think you have a fundamental right to kill your offspring because it's inconvenient to you. of course it should have to pay the price for your actions.. That's what a self absorbed person would think.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Translation: Tee hee, it's all about me, I should be able to do anything I want.

That's wonderful you think you have a fundamental right to kill your offspring because it's inconvenient to you. of course it should have to pay the price for your actions.. That's what a self absorbed person would think.
Sorry that it upsets you so that women have control and you don't. Your histrionics only make your side of the debate look pathetic and self-righteous.

Suck it up buttercup - there ain't a dang thing you can do to change women's right to choose. Try as you might to force your views on the rest of society, it will never happen. You'd be much happier of a person if you tried to improve your own lot in life instead of fretting about the rights granted to people you don't even know.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Sorry that it upsets you so that women have control and you don't. Your histrionics only make your side of the debate look pathetic and self-righteous.

Suck it up buttercup - there ain't a dang thing you can do to change women's right to choose. Try as you might to force your views on the rest of society, it will never happen. You'd be much happier of a person if you tried to improve your own lot in life instead of fretting about the rights granted to people you don't even know.
my "histrionics" don't give me the sense of entitlement that I have a fundamental right to kill my offspring because I was careless, or the offspring is inconvenient to me. That you see nothing wrong with killing your own offspring speaks volumes about YOU.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
my "histrionics" don't give me the sense of entitlement that I have a fundamental right to kill my offspring because I was careless, or the offspring is inconvenient to me. That you see nothing wrong with killing your own offspring speaks volumes about YOU.
You are apparently operating under the misconception that I or anyone else for that matter, cares what you think or feel about me or anyone else. This may come as a shock to you but no one really cares what you think of them, and no one really cares what your beliefs are against abortion. Especially not the Supreme Court.

The comments you string together about "careless", "inconvenient", "killing", "entitlement" make you appear intellectually inferior. An intelligent person would not make assumptions and generalizations and then apply them to anonymous people who you don't even know. You keep trying to tailor a badge of some sort to pin on those of us who are happy that we have the right over our own bodies, and not you.

Abortion rules. Deal.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:22 AM

8,514 posts, read 4,492,508 times
I've known women who've had an abortion. Each had THEIR own reasons for terminating the pregnancy. I tried not to be judgmental; some reasons were valid (very severe, life threatening birth defects) to less valid (wanted to look good in her wedding gown-sigh) But for each woman their reasons/reasoning were theirs and theirs alone. Not mine, not yours, not the governments, THEIRS.

As for regrets, about the only one who ever had any regrets was the one who had the severe life threatening birth defects, the baby was not viable, would not have lived, and continuing the pregnancy was endangering her life. But it was a wanted child, and as an aside, she later gave birth to healthy twin boys.

The others did not regret their decisions, and have continued on with their lives without looking back.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:

Exactly. Beta "man" let has shown us time and time again that he loathes females.

It makes me happy to see "prolifers" (especially "men Prolifers") all upset and hysterical like beta "man" let.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
You are apparently operating under the misconception that I or anyone else for that matter, cares what you think or feel about me or anyone else. This may come as a shock to you but no one really cares what you think of them, and no one really cares what your beliefs are against abortion. Especially not the Supreme Court.

The comments you string together about "careless", "inconvenient", "killing", "entitlement" make you appear intellectually inferior. An intelligent person would not make assumptions and generalizations and then apply them to anonymous people who you don't even know. You keep trying to tailor a badge of some sort to pin on those of us who are happy that we have the right over our own bodies, and not you.

Abortion rules. Deal.
Like I said "tee hee, it's all about me"

You cannot even see beyond yourself that you're killing your own child/offspring because it's not convenient to you.

You might want to get over yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies