U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:52 AM

25,165 posts, read 48,407,427 times

Advertisements

Very tragic. With all the psychologists and psychiatrists out there why haven't we figured out a way to reform pedophiles? Jail and Prison clearly doesn't work. There has to be some type of boot-camp or secluded village life that will work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 12:02 PM

56,004 posts, read 54,508,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
A 15 year old is not a little boy.
I don't know enough about the rest of the story to comment.
Same here, we don't know enough.

However, in the case in New Jersey that gave the name to Megan's Law, a teenaged boy who had molested children before climbed into a home, stole a little girl and raped and murdered her.

I often thought that the mother (or father, but I'm female so I'm thinking from a mother's point of view) should have had the option to take her son out without fear of retribution from the law. She brought the monster into the world, shouldn't she have the right to end his life when it became apparent that there was something terribly wrong with him, that he was, for want of a better term, "a bad seed"?

I know if that was my kid, I would WANT to do that. This father may have just been acting on what he felt was his responsibility. They do this in other cultures. In Kabul Beauty School, the author tells of an Afghan woman who was in jail because she was raped by her sister's husband so she poured gasoline on him and set him on fire. The man's father visited her in jail, asked her why she did it, and she told him. He then went to the hospital where his son lay recovering from his burn wounds and shot him in his hospital bed.

Yes, I know it's stated ad nauseum that children who were molested often become the molesters. However, I don't believe that it's ALWAYS true, and I don't find that to be a viable excuse for their own behavior. Like it or not, some people are just born with something wrong with them and it can't always be fixed. What about all the kids who are molested and DON'T harm others???

Old 04-16-2010, 12:02 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,844,563 times
I'm on the fence with this one. I tend to favor heavy handed justice because I feel that society doesn't respond to slaps on the wrist. Too many times hardened criminals are released from custody and return to commiting crimes against innocent people. I favor a very expeditious death penalty after an equally expeditious appeal. Expeditious, in my book, is two weeks for an appeal to be lodged and heard, followed by two days for carrying out the death sentence. No more languishing in a jail cell on my tax dollars.

In this instance, I don't support the father killing the boy, but i do favor the death penalty for the boy. No 3 year old deserves to be sexually molested. And in my view, no man deserves to walk the earth after sexually assaulting a 3 year old.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 PM

13,694 posts, read 15,632,430 times
Just wow.

You have to wonder where the kid got it in his head that molesting his half sister was a good idea. His Dad should have been more of a Father to that kid.

The Dad said... "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out of it".

Old 04-16-2010, 07:58 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,601,075 times
This story is f&*^ed up all the way around. But in the end, there is NO excuse for the subsequent torture and cold-blooded murder of this kid following his admission.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:14 PM

7,526 posts, read 7,211,529 times
Well, in a way the father did society a favor. That kid would most likely have become a serial pedophile if he wasn't well on his way already.

And not all child molesters were abused as kids. I know a family whose backyard butted up against ours growing up. They had one daughter and 3 sons, we were all friends.. hung out at each other's houses constantly, vacation together, etc. The father is my dad's best friend and has been for 30 years. We know the family VERY well. Well fast forward 30 years and it turns out one of the sons was accused, tried, and convicted of sexually molesting his own daughter. He's in jail now. I can guarantee you that none of them were ever abused as kids in any way.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:12 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,837,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm on the fence with this one. I tend to favor heavy handed justice because I feel that society doesn't respond to slaps on the wrist. Too many times hardened criminals are released from custody and return to commiting crimes against innocent people. I favor a very expeditious death penalty after an equally expeditious appeal. Expeditious, in my book, is two weeks for an appeal to be lodged and heard, followed by two days for carrying out the death sentence. No more languishing in a jail cell on my tax dollars.

In this instance, I don't support the father killing the boy, but i do favor the death penalty for the boy. No 3 year old deserves to be sexually molested. And in my view, no man deserves to walk the earth after sexually assaulting a 3 year old.
I tend to agree. Considering the heinousness of other crimes, I also think this father fell more under the heading of crimes of passion (defending the little girl, a confused expression of paternal instinct) in which case, an 80 yr sentence is way over the top. Justice system is going to give him a worse sentence than serial killers or a serial rapist?

I do not endorse people taking the law into their own hands as judge jury & executioner, but at the same time, I think this fathers mental state hearing this news likely sent him off the deep end. Would one strong male confidant with their head on straight intercepted him, this tragic story would not have compounded.

This 'boy' wasn't a boy, he was a predator. Sociopath types start exhibiting their problems as early as 5, and parents aren't always knowing the difference between normal and abnormal behavior. Lulled into stereotypes that children are not responsible for themselves and naturally innocent isn't the whole truth. My grandparents were psychiatric nurses and I did get to meet a 9 yr old patient once. He had horrible habits of abusing animals, and this was back in a day when mental institutions were actually used. Their disuse results in clogged courthouses.

Would this crime be committed by 15yr olds, should the verdict be different? Wilson gets 160 years for murder - The Herald Dispatch
Whether habit, deliberate or intentional, some commenting on this case were even calling these men 'boys'. Sympathetic with troubled minds? How about this story? NEW INFO: 14-Year-Old Charged in Elderly Woman's Murder

Across america teens are being told go on ahead, you're immune from the law because you're under some arbitrary line of protection in this video game. I think the law should uniformly say FALSE to that assumption. This isn't a school yard brawl or self defense.

Sciences of the mind are soft sciences. Molestation isn't an oppsie I slipped, and our society offers little to no recourse dealing with such people. I'd like to think we can offer something better along the lines of justice and rehabilitation than what this man resorted to. The rights of the mentally ill can go too far where it sets the stage to harm the rights of all others.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:25 PM

16,248 posts, read 21,313,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Jamar Pinkney Sr. and his ex-wife Lazette Cherry had a 15 year old son, Jamar Pinkney Jr.

Jamar Jr. admitted to his Mother that he had molested his 3 year old half sister (his Mom's daughter with her new husband).

Lazette Cherry called her ex-husband, Jamar Sr., and told him what their son had confessed to her. Jamar Sr. arrived at her home to speak with their son. He brought a gun with him.

He pistol-whipped the boy, made him strip naked, marched him outside to a vacant lot next to the house where he made the boy kneel on his knees while he shot his own son in the head execution style.

Father Kills Son for Molesting Sister
A 3 year old is a baby. Anybody that molest a baby deserves to be shot. Good riddance.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:50 PM

1,914 posts, read 3,128,055 times
A 15 year old IS a little boy or girl. Are you NUTS? Where do you live, Chile, that 15 year olds are not still considered "children"? Apparently in the US, kids who get knocked up before they are 18 are considered "kids" and fall into the "teen preggo" category, not the "adult" category. Have to be 18 to have sex with someone older than 18 or your little sex-tool (should you be younger than 18 and he/her older ) could go to jail.

The mother is an freaking ass. The father of the 3 year old is a bigger ass.

Who does this?

The mother LET this happen to her son? WTF is wrong with her? There was no better way to deal with the situation? He wasn't 30 years old, he was 15 and PERHAPS the mamma should have looked at how she screwed her son up enough to the point that he "did" anything.

To let something like this happen to one of your children ....where WAS mamma when 15 year old was dry humping the 3 year old? Seriously? Where was mamma when 3 year old baby daddy stripped the 15 year old down and executed him gang-land/mafia style?

We're not talking about people who are playing with a full deck, especially none of the adult characters in this situation.

How do you watch your flesh and blood, no matter the age, get "pistol whipped" and stripped naked and then taken out into a field and shot in the head? What kind of mother ARE you?

There are plenty of ways to deal with this. Shooting the kid in the back of the head is not one of them.

Again, where was mamma? Where was gun owning-braided-hair-living in the slums of MI daddy of the girl?

Old 04-16-2010, 10:14 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,887,812 times
I believe that this Father just plain snapped. However nothing justifies what either the Father or the 15 year old have done. And two wrongs don't make it right. I just wonder what if anything was going on in this young boy's life for him to think that he could abuse his 3yr old half sister, was he himself abused. Maybe not, not making excuses, trying to understand here. But so many times these abusers have been abused themselves. Nothing excuses this behavior, was his Dad even a Father figure to this boy. Way too often we here stories as this one, does the punishment fit the crimes in these cases, too often no they do not, sometimes the judges let them off way too early. Something really needs to be done, in cases like this one. Some Judges, are just way to leanient. Abusing a innocent child and molesting them, happens more often then we want to think, Jail does not help these creeps, they are only let out way to early, to repeat their sick habits of molesting over and over again, until they are caught. What needs to be done, i am not sure, but something that will keep these creeps from repeating their evil ways. Longer Jail time, instead of sometimes a slap on the wrist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies