U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 AM

8,399 posts, read 5,309,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Jamar Pinkney Sr. and his ex-wife Lazette Cherry had a 15 year old son, Jamar Pinkney Jr.

Jamar Jr. admitted to his Mother that he had molested his 3 year old half sister (his Mom's daughter with her new husband).

Lazette Cherry called her ex-husband, Jamar Sr., and told him what their son had confessed to her. Jamar Sr. arrived at her home to speak with their son. He brought a gun with him.

He pistol-whipped the boy, made him strip naked, marched him outside to a vacant lot next to the house where he made the boy kneel on his knees while he shot his own son in the head execution style.

Father Kills Son for Molesting Sister
See this the issue for gun nuts is they talk about law abiding citizen as if that is a permenant state of being. Every criminal was a law abiding citizen before they were caught and convicted of a crime.

Gun nuts don't grapple with this reality on any level. There are people who have never been caught or convicted of any crime, but who are in fact criminals and are legally able to buy a lot of guns.

Also the reality is some portion of law abiding citizens before a gun purchase become criminals after the gun purchase, but again in simple minded gun nut lore that reality is not even acknowledged or thought about.

All I can say is thank goodness that law abiding father had a gun so the good guy could execute some good guy violence/justice.

The connection between who is a law abiding citizen and giving human beings power over life and death to the sane is very murky territory indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 10:21 AM

45,892 posts, read 34,076,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Sure there are: Parents.

We should not have to bubble wrap our society for those who aren't capable of effectively raising their children.
How exactly does a parent raise a child molester?

Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 AM

27,582 posts, read 17,658,875 times
I need more facts to make a firm judgement. BUt if he raped a three year old girl, I have no issue...except that the father should be getting a medal, not a sentence. The criminal justice system should do the same thing with child molesters.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:07 PM

348 posts, read 372,412 times
I would be willing to bet the Son has been molested at some point in time. Sad story all the way around.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,107,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm on the fence with this one.
Hope it's one of those spiked ones.

Death penalty for a 15 year old boy who confessed to what appears to be no more that extremely inappropriate frotteurism.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:46 PM

12,715 posts, read 11,611,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Once I was talking to the head of our office's cleaning crew about some rather minor crime. That started him talking about what he thought should happen to the perps. It involved a long and seriously sick torture/humiliation/murder scenario....which, considering the way the janitor was relaying it, led me to believe that a lot of "church-going" men of that demographic sit around sharing their violent fantasies with one another (fantasies rendered respectable by the criminal acts for which they would supposedly be retribution).
Not too surprising to anyone familiar with the history of lynching.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM

12,715 posts, read 11,611,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
However, in the case in New Jersey that gave the name to Megan's Law, a teenaged boy who had molested children before climbed into a home, stole a little girl and raped and murdered her.
Megan Kanka was murdered by a 33-year-old intruder.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 PM

13,143 posts, read 19,204,425 times
To whoever left the following message in my reps from something I said 2 years ago on this thread: "Oh shut the **** up. Catto"

Are you 10 years old or something? Grow up and stop hiding... and thanks for the rep point. I've almost got enough to trade them in for a free 1 liter bottle of generic root beer now.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:42 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,352,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Very tragic. With all the psychologists and psychiatrists out there why haven't we figured out a way to reform pedophiles? Jail and Prison clearly doesn't work. There has to be some type of boot-camp or secluded village life that will work.
As near as I can tell, this was the first instant in time the kid had ever been identified as a pedophile, if he was one at all. (I mean, "inappropriate touching" = what, exactly?) But it's a brutal job trying to change someone's sexual desires. Imagine someone demanding that you give up the one thing you enjoy most, now, for life, and any slip will get you imprisoned and publicly shamed for life, if not lynched. And for crying out loud, if he really is a pedophile and that pedophile is also a 15-year-old boy, well, I'm sorry, but there is no creature more sexually-oriented on the planet. Rotsa ruck changing it. I have a friend who specializes in sex offender treatment, and all her teaching materials seem to focus on "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY'LL DO TO YOU IF THIS EVER HAPPENS AGAIN???" It's a scared-straight kind of thing. If the offender if known to have been sexually assaulted him- or herself, they can work on getting that out of his or her system so it no longer needs to be re-enacted (traumatized people often cope with what happened to them by re-enacting it to make it come out better this time, and in the case of a sex offender it can mean re-enacting it with me as the offender and you as the victim in my re-enactment, because that's way better than me as the victim, right?).

But treatment may or may not work. Sex offenses are not like depression. Depression makes the depressed person miserable and likely to try anything to feel better. Sex offenders make themselves feel better by DOING a sex offense. Why would they want to change that?

Old 01-26-2013, 03:55 PM

14,920 posts, read 11,171,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuDiBelle View Post
Well, in a way the father did society a favor. That kid would most likely have become a serial pedophile if he wasn't well on his way already.

And not all child molesters were abused as kids. I know a family whose backyard butted up against ours growing up. They had one daughter and 3 sons, we were all friends.. hung out at each other's houses constantly, vacation together, etc. The father is my dad's best friend and has been for 30 years. We know the family VERY well. Well fast forward 30 years and it turns out one of the sons was accused, tried, and convicted of sexually molesting his own daughter. He's in jail now. I can guarantee you that none of them were ever abused as kids in any way.
No, you really can't guarantee that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies