Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 09:25 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,533,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
I agree with you. In other articles I've read about it the Mother said that her son admitted to "humping on her" ... not sure what all that entails.

There really hasn't been a lot of details as to the type/degree of molestation/contact that took place. A little boy, just 15 years old, is dead as a result. The Father of the boy isn't the Father of the 3 yr old girl.

The Father (Jamar Sr.) was a US Postal worker with no criminal record. One can only imagine what must have ran through his mind at the time.

I have a 14 year old son, and could not ever imagine killing my child. This is such a horribly sad, and disturbing story.
Yes it is. It seems this man sacrificed himself and his son, for the good of this family and society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,333,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yes it is. It seems this man sacrificed himself and his son, for the good of this family and society.
He also cut short the life of someone who might have changed.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningncircles1 View Post
The 15 year old wasn't armed. That's not an immediate threat by any definition of the law, so your point is moot. The man wasn't defending himself, he committed premeditated (under the law) murder, plain and simple, against an unarmed minor (or person, if you'd rather me use that term to not differentiate age) in the eyes of the law. In that case, the punishment fits the crime.
The father was/is not a threat to society, that kid was.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
I find disproportionate both the killing if his foster son and the sentence.
? as I read it, the boy was his, the little girl was not.
This father just lost it, and let his emotions take over. There is a legal defense for that, can't recall the name of it. Husbands used to use it, if they found their wives in bed with another, and they acted out on impulse. Liken it to temporary insanity.

Last edited by claudhopper; 01-27-2013 at 10:24 AM..

Old 01-27-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
He also cut short the life of someone who might have changed.
oh well.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:48 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,448,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
What's the whining for? It sounds like two crooks got what they deserved. Also, that family doesn't have limp along broken anymore. Sounds like a win to me.
The family doesn't limp around broken? The mother just lost her son and husband. her daughter was molested and all is well now?

Old 01-27-2013, 10:53 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,448,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Please, the man did not sacrifice himself, he lost control of himself. Dispite what the 15 year old did, he didn't deserve to die like that and now the husband will never get to be with his wife and stepdaughter again. And now his wife will probably go on welfare and her and the daughter will be seeign psychiatrists for the rest of their lives. The father could have done more good if he had turned the son in and been there for his wife and stepdaughter.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Please, the man did not sacrifice himself, he lost control of himself. Dispite what the 15 year old did, he didn't deserve to die like that and now the husband will never get to be with his wife and stepdaughter again. And now his wife will probably go on welfare and her and the daughter will be seeign psychiatrists for the rest of their lives. The father could have done more good if he had turned the son in and been there for his wife and stepdaughter.
If you want to be consistent, what should happen to this guy? He kills innocent children that have done nothing.
The Children Killed by America’s Drones. “Crimes Against Humanity” committed by Barack H. Obama. | Global Research

Old 01-27-2013, 12:01 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,626,613 times
The empathy displayed towards the criminal perpetrator is disappointing and most unfortunately all too typical. What of the 3 year old victim who has literally been screwed up for life all because some incorrigibly disturbed animal was unable to control itself? What about her? She’s the victim here, not the piece of filth that was rightfully removed.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,333,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The empathy displayed towards the criminal perpetrator is disappointing and most unfortunately all too typical. What of the 3 year old victim who has literally been screwed up for life all because some incorrigibly disturbed animal was unable to control itself? What about her? She’s the victim here, not the piece of filth that was rightfully removed.
He's 15 and he confessed (unless he was caught in the act and played the I'm sorry card). I like everything the dad did except shooting him. The pistol whipping sounds good. The stripping, sounds good (negative feedback) depending on just what the son did, perhaps shooting off a finger or two might have been appropriate (more negative feedback).

Maybe he was just curious or something....This option necessitates that the dad had been crazy at the time, but it could have happened.

Maybe the dad felt he was protecting his family too and was made insane with anger. Maybe he felt he was protecting society. I don't know. I just really don't think a fifteen year old who confesses to a crime should be shot on site for that crime unless it was something worse than this seems to be. If he'd been caught in the act, or had been older, that could be different.

Last edited by Clintone; 01-27-2013 at 10:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies